• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dbacks are the worst team in the NL

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...rd-general-discussion/139332-predictions.html

So you predict them to win the WC while being critical of Towers' every move?

So what exactly were you expecting to propel the D'Backs from a .500 win team into the WC slot if it weren't for any of Towers' moves? Do they have some phenom prospects that'll make a big impact in 2014 or something?

That was made before the Corbin and Hernandez injuries and they actually have the highest rated pitching prospect in baseball. I made a similar thread on the Dbacks forum and predicted 75 wins after hearing about the Corbin and Hernandez injuries.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the worst team of all time

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least they lead the league in grit.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laughed when I heard the D-Backs gave Arroya a 2 year 22M deal. The guy is 37 years old. He looks to be about done. Then I remembered who their GM was. Towers is usually good at building a bullpen, but that's about it. The Upton deal looks awful right now with Grigorius in the minors. I'm so glad Towers isn't in S.D. anymore. At least I know we won't pass on Justin Verlander or Jared Weaver anymore.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laughed when I heard the D-Backs gave Arroya a 2 year 22M deal. The guy is 37 years old. He looks to be about done. Then I remembered who their GM was. Towers is usually good at building a bullpen, but that's about it. The Upton deal looks awful right now with Grigorius in the minors. I'm so glad Towers isn't in S.D. anymore. At least I know we won't pass on Justin Verlander or Jared Weaver anymore.

Me too. I've never heard of this "Arroya" guy.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumping Chris Johnson with the Upton deal was terrible, and their starting rotation might be the worst ever. Worst team ever might be a stretch, b/c they can hit

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumping Chris Johnson with the Upton deal was terrible, and their starting rotation might be the worst ever. Worst team ever might be a stretch, b/c they can hit

The offense is above average and the bullpen isn't HORRIBLE, but the starting rotation is just so, so bad.

First they sell low on Ian Kennedy (who's pitching well in SD) then they sell low on Tyler Skaggs (one of their top pitching prospects who's doing well for LAA) and before these two trades they also found a way to sell low on Trevor Bauer. I seriously can't believe how easily KT gives up on pitching prospects.

The rotation could've been better, not great, but better if they held on to those pieces. At this point I'd take all three of those guys over anyone in our rotation besides maybe Wade Miley.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not kt, it's the the scouting department that tells him those guys will never make it