• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Day 1: Jacoby swipes Sox record 5 bases, Yankees freefall continues

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 185,000.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to dispute given that the Yankees are on their way to last place with the Yankees roster.

Hard to argue against four straight losses to the Other NY team...

Ron, I owe you some props: I didn't think Indiana could win more than once against Miami. They have acquitted themselves quite well in this series.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Six Teams Interested In Chien-Ming Wang

By Steve Adams [May 31 at 10:55am CST]
Six teams have shown in right-hander Chien-Ming Wang, according to Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe (on Twitter). However, at this point the right-hander is unlikely to opt out of his minor league deal with the Yankees because none of the six suitors are willing to offer him a Major League contract.
The Taiwanese right-hander has a clause in his contract that allows him to opt out today if he wishes, but it was reported earlier in the week that the only way he would do that would be for a Major League roster spot on another team. In 51 innings for the Yankees' Triple-A affiliate, Wang has posted a 2.65 ERA with 4.1 K/9 and 1.6 BB/9. The consensus from scouts, however, has been that his stuff doesn't look nearly as good as it did during his peak years with the Yankees.
Wang's contract has three more opt-out dates: June 30, Aug. 10 and Aug. 31. The Orioles are one team who has reportedly shown interest in the 33-year-old, but that was said to be more due diligence than genuine intrigue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're lying about the BA thing. Your love affair with Dusty has you convinced that I am saying what you want me to be thinking. It's pretty insane actually

We have established that I'm a guy that cares about team results and you're a guy that cares about obscure numbers for individual players

In my world, pitchers winning and guys knocking in runs, lead to very good team results.

In your world, it's meaningless crap.

I'm comfortable with where I'm at considering how the team I cheer for has played in my lifetime

I never said BA was meaningless...just outdated, and there are better measurements of production...and when I broke down SLG%? YOU AGREED it was better...

RBI? Not meaningless...but no different than Runs...both are an indication of production that is directly related to those around you in the lineup...one shouldn't be considered any better than the other...

We both agree that the team result is the single most important thing...what we disagree on? Is what leads most to a team win...and with no other information, concluding the guy with the "w" next to his name in the boxscore is it? IS fucking stupid...plain and simple..

I know...color me retarded for thinking it's better to see how well a pitcher keeps guys off base and from scoring when we determine if he's pitched well...:laugh3:

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see...the Jays are 9.5 games back (last place) The Sox would be behind them 'with the Yankees roster'. We're a third of the way through the season. Jays on pace to finish 28 games out. Sox would be even worse 'with the Yankees roster', let's say 30 games out.

Simply donning the Pinstripes is worth 30 wins a year~ Dirt

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact-checkers get paid when they see you make a post..

Word

I hit at a 98% rate without looking everything up

You still swing and miss at the same rate and you plagerize everything

Impressive

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest salary on the Yankees staff has been the worst

Give it up

CC has been worse than Hughes? Phelps? Nova?

No...what he's been? Is mediocre...

And Kuroda and Mo combine to make more than the Marlins and Astros (not combined)

"little engine that could"

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Pacers series is going 7 games...

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word

I hit at a 98% rate without looking everything up

You still swing and miss at the same rate and you plagerize everything

Impressive

LOL... you're a funny guy, bud...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see...the Jays are 9.5 games back (last place) The Sox would be behind them 'with the Yankees roster'. We're a third of the way through the season. Jays on pace to finish 28 games out. Sox would be even worse 'with the Yankees roster', let's say 30 games out.

More simple math

The Sox miss the postseason pretty much every season with a roster that destroys what the Yankees have trotted out this season

See how easy that was?

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And cashman signing guys that would be "30 games out" if they didn't benefit from the NYC effect = "great GM"

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More simple math

The Sox miss the postseason pretty much every season with a roster that destroys what the Yankees have trotted out this season

See how easy that was?

A caveman could do it