• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

David Morrell (7-0 6 KOs) vs. Aidos Yerbossynuly (16-0 11 KOs)

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morrell looks like a real deal. Controlled the fight throughout the 12 rounds but the other guy had a good chin & kept coming through the 12 rounds.
but...
12th round got hurt (actually started end of 11th) but he takes a big punch in the 12th & started holding. Like not letting go kind of holding. mid way through the 12th. The ref couldnt get him to let go & had to call time out. Took a point away from the guy which is deserved, but to me the fight should have stopped there. The guy was blinking a ton while having the point taken. Never a good sign. Which shortly after he took some more big blows & got put down. The ref then stopped the fight & tried to wave his corner over. Tehn had to catch the fighter as he was about to just fall on his own. Morrell actually carried the fighter to his corner to his stool.
Last time I seen someone blinking that much while still standing was Gerald McClellan who ended up with brain damage in that fight. Who stopped the fight himself knowing something was wrong.

Just wish they would have stopped the fight before the final knockdown. Hope the other fighter ends up okay.

As it turns out. Right after the winners interview they announced the other fighter taken out by stretcher & taken to the hospital.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really worried about this fighrter during the fight when I saw all the blinking he did. Thought they should have stopped the fight before he got stopped. But,
Some Good News for the Holidays though.