• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

David Lough

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three words.....WTF

Dude completely sucks. Can't hit, can't field, can't throw. Yearning for mcclouth...

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't see why they don't go alvarez until nolan gets up . no one is hitting the ball harder but he isn't on the 40 man .

Here's a crazy idea: Why not move Lombardozzi to LF since he had played in the outfield in 2012-13?
(Yes, this does mean having to start Flaherty... but even Flaherty's OPS is better than Lough's.)

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also not in an O's uniform...he's Washington's 4th OF. Guarantee if he still had an everyday job in LF with the O's, he'd be completely outperforming Lough in every aspect. Lough brings NOTHING to the table...

Exactly. McLouth wasn't all that great for us when he was playing part time but when Buck made him the just about everyday LF, he turned into a solid player. Same thing with Chris Davis from when he was in Texas and then shipped to Baltimore. He hardly ever played in Texas, and they gave up on him because of his lackluster numbers. Davis' becomes an everyday player here in Baltimore, and he is a star both with the glove and the bat.

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if this thread was started because of the ninth inning last night. That was a perfect throw by Lough. Schoop needs to learn that he is the cutoff man on that throw. Lough is a very good defensive player. His bat leaves something to be desired.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect throw? It didn't appear that he was throwing to a cutoff man. The runner was headed back to 3rd, where Schoop was positioned to make a bang bang play, and Lough threw the ball 12 feet inside the bag. Could Schoop have grabbed the ball to save the play? Possibly. The whole problem was that Lough quickly threw the ball to a spot where no one was standing, not even a cutoff man.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that throw was way offline, almost like he was caught in between whether to go home or to 3rd. I don't think Schoop realized where Weiters was or maybe he would've stopped it, but it happened too fast.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that throw was way offline, almost like he was caught in between whether to go home or to 3rd. I don't think Schoop realized where Weiters was or maybe he would've stopped it, but it happened too fast.

well o'day did a bad job backing that play up !!! we just screwed the play up pure and simple . it was do or die and we died . :bawling::bawling::bawling:we still would have won without the umps screw job .

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well o'day did a bad job backing that play up !!! we just screwed the play up pure and simple . it was do or die and we died . :bawling::bawling::bawling:we still would have won without the umps screw job .

It looked like O'Day was headed to backup but the throw was so offline he wouldn't have even gotten to it. It hit the bricks on the 1st base line.:L:wtf2:

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked like O'Day was headed to backup but the throw was so offline he wouldn't have even gotten to it. It hit the bricks on the 1st base line.:L:wtf2:
if i'm covering home from lf i would be on the first base side behind matt . right field i would be on third and center i would be behind home plate . i would play the angles for over throws and follow the ball . we want be makeing this many E very soon !!!! people seem to forget that schoop is a shortstop who has not played much at third . last season he played more 2nd base so he does have a learning curve at third . when a yankee guy says his bat reminds him of a young cano . leave schoop alone and let him learn . these guys are harder on themselves than we are .

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His hitting is compounded by the fact that the bottom 3 of our order doesn't seem to have any pizazz at all. When you find yourself pining for McLouth... or even an Andino.. (as I sometimes do).. that tell's you something. It's still just a few weeks into the season, so I'm not ready to pull the plug on him entirely just yet. But there has to be some tangible improvement with the bat.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schoop is doing his best at 3rd, he's best suited for 2nd imo. I have no worries about him, even if he makes another error or two, or three filling in. Like Young, his bat is very useful in the lineup.

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect throw? It didn't appear that he was throwing to a cutoff man. The runner was headed back to 3rd, where Schoop was positioned to make a bang bang play, and Lough threw the ball 12 feet inside the bag. Could Schoop have grabbed the ball to save the play? Possibly. The whole problem was that Lough quickly threw the ball to a spot where no one was standing, not even a cutoff man.
Yes, that ball was thrown right to Schoop. He had to duck to keep from getting hit by it. There's no way your getting a double play on that. Lough should have thrown it to home instead of trying to hit the cutoff man.