• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daryl Washington pulls a Josh Gordon

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Man, that is a HUGE blow for them. I'm of the opinion that, after the Niners, they probably had the best pair of ILBs in the league last year. Now they've lost both of them. I really think that D could take a step back this year.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that is a HUGE blow for them. I'm of the opinion that, after the Niners, they probably had the best pair of ILBs in the league last year. Now they've lost both of them. I really think that D could take a step back this year.

Yea they will be soft up the middle plus Washington was a great blitzer so their pass defense will suffer 2

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yea they will be soft up the middle plus Washington was a great blitzer so their pass defense will suffer 2

Yeah, he and Dansby accounted for 197 tackles, 173 solo, 9.5 sacks, 30 PDs, 6 INTs, and a FF. That's 20.6% of tackles, 20.9% of solo tackles, 19.1% of sacks, 31.3% of PDs, and 30% of INTs for that team. That is a huge amount of production from two guys. Honestly, it's the pass defense that may hurt them the most. In terms of rushing and playing in coverage, those two guys are among the best. Larry Foote and Kevin Minter are going to be a BIG dropoff.

Actually, this could be an opportunity to shop one of our guys at a position where we have a glut. Though I hate to make trades in the division.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Our NFC west schedule got a little bit easier.

Except they're one of the teams that had a legitimate shot of knocking off the Hawks. This hurts their chances of doing so. I think we match up against the Cards better than the Hawks do.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Except they're one of the teams that had a legitimate shot of knocking off the Hawks. This hurts their chances of doing so. I think we match up against the Cards better than the Hawks do.

This is true. I didn't think about that angle.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. A year suspension over pot. Seems a bit Draconian to me.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even though AZ played tough against SEA last year, I still see this as a good break for the Niners. A tough opponent with a tough D that we have to play twice will apparently be weaker now. It should make the schedule easier, which hopefully means the Niners are less beat up physically heading into the playoffs. Plus, an easier schedule gives the Niners a better chance at HF advantage. And knocking off the Hawks is our duty, not something to leave up to the Cardinals.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"it’s unclear if it’s for violating the personal conduct or substance abuse policy."

Report: Daryl Washington will miss entire 2014 season | ProFootballTalk

Also, this isn't his first offense. No sympathy for this guy.

Yeah, I knew he was busted for pot before. I read it was for pot, but maybe the author of the article is wrong. I've no sympathy for him either because he knew the rules, but I still think it's a harsh penalty assuming it was just for pot. Simply smoking marijuana is not a crime in some places (like CA), and I doubt that it is a performance-enhancer.

This begs the question of what can we expect regarding Aldon Smith. Hopefully, his suspension is no more than 8 games.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow. A year suspension over pot. Seems a bit Draconian to me.

This is performance enhancing drugs. It would be his third failed test, I believe. I have absolutely no problem with this ban. I agree the pot bans are a bit ridiculous.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Even though AZ played tough against SEA last year, I still see this as a good break for the Niners. A tough opponent with a tough D that we have to play twice will apparently be weaker now. It should make the schedule easier, which hopefully means the Niners are less beat up physically heading into the playoffs. Plus, an easier schedule gives the Niners a better chance at HF advantage. And knocking off the Hawks is our duty, not something to leave up to the Cardinals.

Not really, as the schedule is that much easier for our biggest rival for homefield advantage.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, as the schedule is that much easier for our biggest rival for homefield advantage.

The effect on the Niners and Seahawks should be about equal, so that's a wash there. However, if it's true that the NFC West is the toughest division, then making it less tough would help us in competing for homefield advantage against teams like the Packers and Saints.

And I still feel it's up to us to finish ahead of the Seahawks by outplaying them. If we're the better team, we will win more games than them. That they will now have an easier schedule (like we do) doesn't change this.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I may be wrong. Word now is that it was in fact weed. I thought I read performance enhancing drugs.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The effect on the Niners and Seahawks should be about equal, so that's a wash there. However, if it's true that the NFC West is the toughest division, then making it less tough would help us in competing for homefield advantage against teams like the Packers and Saints.

And I still feel it's up to us to finish ahead of the Seahawks by outplaying them. If we're the better team, we will win more games than them. That they will now have an easier schedule (like we do) doesn't change this.

Ok, I see what you're saying. And that could be true. But unless we beat the Hawks, odds are good we're going to have to go up there at some point in the playoffs.

I forget other teams matter, sometimes...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon in trouble again. Pot in car. He will be gone for season. 2nd time getting in trouble this offseason. What is wrong with these players. U are an NFL player getting paid millions to play and u screw up.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I see what you're saying. And that could be true. But unless we beat the Hawks, odds are good we're going to have to go up there at some point in the playoffs.

I forget other teams matter, sometimes...

Yeah, my main point is that this could mean that the NFC West teams don't beat each other up as much as teams outside the division would hope. If this is the case, then it increases the chances that the eventual NFC West winner will have the best record in the conference and that the NFC West winner will be relatively healthy.

Most likely scenario is that we split the season series with the Hawks like we have the previous two seasons. But let's sweep them and beat them in Seattle during the regular season so that we don't have to go up there in the postseason.