• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darrell Revis gets 6 years $96m from the Buccs

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I post this because eventually the each of the "Legion of Boom" is going to need to get a new contract and at the rate Richard Sherman played last year you can certainly make the case he is a superior CB to Darrell Revis.

Pick two from the Legion of Boom because I highly doubt each of them will be in a Seahawks uniform 5 years from now.

If Dashon Goldson received 5 years $41m and Darrell Revis gets 6 years $96m that's likely what it will cost the Seahawks to retain Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas.

It's worth noting that none of Revis's contract is guaranteed but let's be honest, that means little. I say that because most NFL "guarantees" consist of the 1st and 2nd year contracts + a signing bonus or some form of roster bonus. So if Revis plays even 3 years he's getting paid $48m.

nk12thman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you gotta think it will be Sherman and Thomas. Kam and Browner are a little easier to replace IMO.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you gotta think it will be Sherman and Thomas. Kam and Browner are a little easier to replace IMO.

Brandon Browner looked really mediocre after coming off his suspension and he is a bit older.

Kam Chancellor is an above average strong safety but he is not an elite talent like Sherman or Thomas. I'd obviously like to see them all retained but Chancellor's market value is not worth it IMO.

On a side note, how the hell do the Buccs have the cap space for all these players?

Vincent Jackson: 5 years $55m
Darrell Revis: 6 years $96m
Dashon Goldson: 5 years $41m
Gerald McCoy: 5 years $66m
Josh Freeman: 5 years $36m
Donald Penn: 6 years $48m
Davin Joseph: 7 years $52m

Seriously where do they find the cap space for all these guys???

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking for myself, I think Kam adds the KBoom factor to our defense. His hits put the fear of god in opposing players. I really hope we can keep him. I know that strong safety are not valued as high as free safety, but Kam really adds a lot with his hits. I love watching reruns of him hitting Vernon Davis.

Damn, I just love the guys that will deliver a clean but vicious hit.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Browner looked really mediocre after coming off his suspension and he is a bit older.

Kam Chancellor is an above average strong safety but he is not an elite talent like Sherman or Thomas. I'd obviously like to see them all retained but Chancellor's market value is not worth it IMO.

On a side note, how the hell do the Buccs have the cap space for all these players?

Vincent Jackson: 5 years $55m
Darrell Revis: 6 years $96m
Dashon Goldson: 5 years $41m
Gerald McCoy: 5 years $66m
Josh Freeman: 5 years $36m
Donald Penn: 6 years $48m
Davin Joseph: 7 years $52m

Seriously where do they find the cap space for all these guys???

TB had a ton of cap space this year. Which was one reason I was surprised they let Bennett walk.

Tigwelds1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too sure how they justify some of their contracts. It seems like they will over pay in some positions knowing that it will force them to plug in some weak/cheap players into other positions. They do have a relatively cheap qb so that saves them some space in comparison to teams with elite qb talent, but that Revis contract just negated that advantage

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that Cam Chancellor was just extended 4 years.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I hate about the Revis signing is that he just raised the bar for what it takes ti sign a shutdown corner.
Sherman is going to be on a mission to have a better year then Revis this season. If he does....it going to make it expensive to resign him!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that Cam Chancellor was just extended 4 years.

This was actually the first I saw of it.

Just went to ESPN and saw the deal was 5 years $35m. I am honestly not sure how much I like this deal. I think Kam Chancellor is an above average player but not someone I would want to spend $6m a year on. This could really limit our ability to extend other players like Bobby Wagner, K.J. Wright, Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman in the future.

I have no problem with retaining Kam, he's a good player, but I just question what we are giving up in exchange for a guy who I believe could be replaced without much problem.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump. Figured it would be fun to hear about reactions after Kam got extended vs now.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My #1 thought is just how well we've done keeping our nucleus together. 3/4 of the original LOB remains (Kam's holdout notwithstanding) and is locked up for a couple more years; RW is locked up; Lynch is locked up through what is probably the remainder of his prime; Wagner, Avril, Bennett, KJ Wright all locked up. We've lost a couple good ones -- Tate & Maxwell primarily -- but it pales when put next to how many we've kept. Some other fans say our window is closing, but I think we're still on the near side of the peak.