• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darrell Bevell

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My most infuriating Bevell moment was the Dolphins game 2 years ago where Wilson came close to breaking the franchise consecutive completion record and he decides to start pounding the ball against one of the better run defenses in the league. He also had the handcuffs on Wilson way too long. But the offense looks way more wide open this season. Having Harvin/not having to worry about not capitalizing with a great roster makes a huge difference. Seemed like there was a lot of "let's not screw this thing up, we have a legit shot at the Super Bowl" thinking with the overly-conservative play calling last year.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not crazy at all. Pete is a defensive coach so the top of the ladder is a defensive mindset. Pete's not going anywhere so IMO DCord is more expendable than OCord because we don't have as strong of a peak there. Bevell is probably the top of the totem pole offensively.

Now, Bevell's probably as good as gone this offseason so it's time for Schneider to start the search for our next OC who needs to come in and not miss a beat. He should be someone who has seen the progression this team has made the last few years, knows its strengths, weaknesses, and tendencies in all situations.

Agreed.

Knowing Quinn will likely be hired one of these coming offseasons, I wonder if Richard is being groomed to be the future DC. He sure seems to embrace Carroll's philosophy and has a lot of respect among the secondary guys.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not crazy at all. Pete is a defensive coach so the top of the ladder is a defensive mindset. Pete's not going anywhere so IMO DCord is more expendable than OCord because we don't have as strong of a peak there. Bevell is probably the top of the totem pole offensively.

Now, Bevell's probably as good as gone this offseason so it's time for Schneider to start the search for our next OC who needs to come in and not miss a beat. He should be someone who has seen the progression this team has made the last few years, knows its strengths, weaknesses, and tendencies in all situations.

I wouldn't be surprised if both coordinators take off. I will say that I like Quinn a lot more than Bradley who had a habit of giving up lots of third and longs. I'm just really hoping Tom Cable *shudders* isn't made the new OC if Bevell leaves. That would be problematic.