• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darby to IR

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeudy also to IR.

Nate Hairston and Kendall Hinton activated. I guess Hinton is now ahead of Tyrie Cleveland in the pecking order. :(

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad Hinton is gonna get a legitimate shot to show his talents. After how he got thrown into the fire last season against the Saints, I think he earned a chance to play some ball at a position he’s actually practiced.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darby suffered the hamstring strain on the last series of the game. Sounds like it shouldn't be much more then 3 weeks. 3-4 weeks.

Remember when there was some discussion if we should trade Tim Patrick and Bryce Callahan.. Denver had calls and turned them down.

Reasons like this is why. :) It's gotta be good value or not worth it. We are already to week 2 and we have starters at both of those positions on IR to start the season. Little better then last year but still seems like the early injury bug is hitting us... Last years was season ending though so not going to complain and we have depth this year!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad Hinton is gonna get a legitimate shot to show his talents. After how he got thrown into the fire last season against the Saints, I think he earned a chance to play some ball at a position he’s actually practiced.

Not sure we will see him play much WR barring injury but it is nice to see him be activated to the active roster. I would assume he will be active on game day since we only have 4 WR's without him but who knows.

We also re-signed CB Rojesterman Farris to the PS. A guy we signed right before PS started then cut him when we had to cut down to 85... Seems when we have a PS available we like to bring back a guy we had in camp. Pierson-El last week and Farris this week. We do have one more open PS spot which we may not need to use on a WR. Counting Hinton we had 4 WR's on the PS.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sucks, Darby played a nice game on Sunday. Next man up, let’s see what PS2 is made of

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos have signed Des Moines, IA native WR Rico Gafford who was a CB at the U of Wyoming, converted to WR in the NFL to their PS.

You guys couldn't be happier. We now have a player from Des Moines, IA. A player who played at Drake in Des Moines, IA and 5 Iowa players on our roster.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure we will see him play much WR barring injury but it is nice to see him be activated to the active roster. I would assume he will be active on game day since we only have 4 WR's without him but who knows.

We also re-signed CB Rojesterman Farris to the PS. A guy we signed right before PS started then cut him when we had to cut down to 85... Seems when we have a PS available we like to bring back a guy we had in camp. Pierson-El last week and Farris this week. We do have one more open PS spot which we may not need to use on a WR. Counting Hinton we had 4 WR's on the PS.

They’ve got Sutton, Hamler, and Patrick. Not sure how much they would want to put Spencer at wide out. He’s mostly just a return guy. I’m guessing Hinton will see some chances, but maybe not many.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spencer has some experience at WR but not many resuts... I am guessing we see a lot of TE's like we saw vs the Giants. I do hope Hinton gets some snaps. I won't be surprised if he does but I am guessing we won't see him a ton at WR barring injury. I think he probably plays more of a special teams role as a gunner who we can throw in at WR if we need to. I was a little surprised he was brough up over Tyrie Cleveland but this could be sorta a, we have this opportunity for you to get some experience and be part of the active roster for a short time thank you because you are a legend in Denver now for completing one pass as our emergency QB hooorah. ;) All jokes aside, Hinton was pretty good as a WR after Wake moved him from QB to WR. He does have some upside there. Just couldn't stay healthy onec he got rolling a bit at WR in college.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos have signed Des Moines, IA native WR Rico Gafford who was a CB at the U of Wyoming, converted to WR in the NFL to their PS.

You guys couldn't be happier. We now have a player from Des Moines, IA. A player who played at Drake in Des Moines, IA and 5 Iowa players on our roster.
Is this how pigs in slop is supposed to feel?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too many injuries.
it saps a little bit of my enthusiasm each day i read about the next Bronco to go down

it sucks

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure how to respond to this. Yes?
Pig Mud GIF by MOODMAN

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darby was our best DB on Sunday so that is a bummer. Hopefully it is no more than 3 games. On the bright side the Jags and Jets are two of those games and it will force PS2 into the fire and get him ready for later in the season as he will be needed.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darby was our best DB on Sunday so that is a bummer. Hopefully it is no more than 3 games. On the bright side the Jags and Jets are two of those games and it will force PS2 into the fire and get him ready for later in the season as he will be needed.
I think Callahan played the best game just because he played a lot and you never heard his name. That being said Darby played good. He was tough, made good tackles and contested almost every pass.