• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D'antoni Is The New Head Coach For Houston

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt this is news to any one - but I read an article that indicates they don't believe Howard will exercise his player option and return to the team. So they are moving in a direction that they believe will be a more up tempo game like that of the Warriors. The only difference they will have an idiot for a head coach

Why Mike D'Antoni should be right at home in today's NBA

There's no way they expect Dwight Howard to exercise his option for the final year of his contract. They didn't need the D'Antoni hiring to assure that, no matter how poorly they meshed in their lone season together with the Lakers. This summer could very well be the last chance for Howard to grab a high-priced, multiyear contract. He has to leave.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a farce

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will hge bring Lin with him?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rocket fans be like

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Harden be like...:yes: a new HC that doesn't even know the definition of the word defense.

:hammer:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's honestly one of the best available. Houston runs an up tempo, perimeter based offense. Perfect for Dantoni.

No, he is not.

He gets credit for being an offensive genius, but look at the players he had! Steve Nash one of the greatest offensive point guards to ever play and a true playmaker that made everyone better. Amare was one of the best scoring big men in the game. Marion was an elite athlete/slasher who fit perfectly and then they had guys like Joe Johnson, Boris Diaw, Leandro Barbosa, etc.

With Steve Nash running that offense, any one of us would be able to coach them and look like an offensive guru.

Seriously though, what has D'Antoni done since? He couldn't work with Melo or Kobe. Now people actually think he has a shot to turn the Harden led Rockets around? No chance. Best case for the Rockets under D'Antoni is a repeat of this year.

Give him an elite PG and some solid talent elsewhere and maybe I could sign on. Not to coach a ball dominating wing though. Learn from others mistakes Houston! Perfect fit for D'Antoni would be as offensive coordinator in Golden State. They could actually play his system.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he is not.

He gets credit for being an offensive genius, but look at the players he had! Steve Nash one of the greatest offensive point guards to ever play and a true playmaker that made everyone better. Amare was one of the best scoring big men in the game. Marion was an elite athlete/slasher who fit perfectly and then they had guys like Joe Johnson, Boris Diaw, Leandro Barbosa, etc.

With Steve Nash running that offense, any one of us would be able to coach them and look like an offensive guru.

Seriously though, what has D'Antoni done since? He couldn't work with Melo or Kobe. Now people actually think he has a shot to turn the Harden led Rockets around? No chance. Best case for the Rockets under D'Antoni is a repeat of this year.

Give him an elite PG and some solid talent elsewhere and maybe I could sign on. Not to coach a ball dominating wing though. Learn from others mistakes Houston! Perfect fit for D'Antoni would be as offensive coordinator in Golden State. They could actually play his system.
That's fine you can disagree. Your two examples you used were probably two of the most uncoachable players in the league in huge markets with unrealistic expectations. I'm not saying Dantoni is a superb coach I said he was one of the best available.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, Harden isn't exactly a coaches dream but at least expectations won't be out of this world. I expect them to certainly be more consistent than last season at the least.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dantoni is more a name now than anything else, still he's perhaps 1 of the better coaches available this year.

Reactions: GNG

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dantoni is more a name now than anything else, still he's perhaps 1 of the better coaches available this year.

Only because many NBA GMs tend to lack imagination.

There are always qualified assistants who could make good heads. There are also college coaches like Stevens or Donavan who could make the jump effectively. Sure, both those paths are gambles, but I would rather gamble on an unproven coach that might wind up being great than hire a mediocre one with prior experience.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Houston will deal D12 back to the Lakers this off season.

:peep:

Dwight Howard on possible return to the Lakers:

"Now that mean ol' Kobe is gone...."

:bolt: