• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daniels vs Maye: Final thoughts

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i,m glad maye,s headed to ne.we don,t need kleenex personalities,right duke?:D
Dude...when he walked out during introductions...he wanted to be anywhere but there.

Maybe he is shy BUT...yes, in the green room, he looked uncomfortable in the spotlight.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know?
Because he isn't signing over the hill players to 100 million contracts. Its common sense really:

Snyder vs Peters.....

I am done here...you can troll someone else.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 360675
Duke starting a conversation with country about Maye VS Daniels
Nope...I am leaving him alone.

The pick was torture enough for him. Like I said, he would bash the pick immediately and I was right.

He said that the pick was terrible and daniels would be a massive bust. Keim reported that several coaches and executives congratulated keim on the pick.

Countryroads hates daniels more than he like maye. Same with Ben Johnson.

He is chronically wrong on these matters and then gets mad about it. He spent months bashing daniels and building up maye. Now, he has to cheer for daniels. I dont see that happening.

He is entitled to his opinion and the rest of the nfl world will more than likely disagree with him. It's all good.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final thoughts on this debate?
Daniels had several things that got questioned.

At his Pro-Day he didn't run the 40 or do the vertical jump. WHY? Suspicions that he weighed in at 208 pounds and that it was to give him a bigger appearance, but that it slowed him and he wasn't sure of the weight would affect his jump. His playing weigh all season floated between 186 and 192. Some "experts" say he will fill in when he he becomes a "man". Others think he's at his normal "size".
Biggest worry? Can his body take the pounding of the NFL?

Maye on the other hand is just turned 21. He measured at 6'5-1/8" 228# and still might grow even more.

Biggest worry? Is he too immature?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have been fine with Maye or Daniels, not JJ. While I strongly preferred Daniels if Maye was the pick I would have trusted our front office.

My concerns:

Daniels played in a simple offense in college, I think the learning curve could be larger.

Jaydon needs to improve his pocket presence. His sack to pressure rate is unacceptable, can this be learned?

I love the SF and Detroit offenses. After seeing so many short swing passes all season by most every team I really liked that 14 yard throw between the numbers that the Niners and Lions excelled at. Those are great plays that lead to RAC but Cliff's offense does not do this, neither did LSU's.

What gets me excited:

Players like this do not come around too often. He can throw the ball very well and he can flip the field with a 40 yard run at any moment. He will be a very exciting player to root for.

You need a QB in this game, period. The talk about building the roster and plugging in a game manager is nonsense, the teams constantly contending for a title almost always have a QB playing at a high level. They took a big swing and I'm all for taking the big swing on someone who could be great and totally change the franchise.

I have little concern about his slight build leading to injuries. Luck was big, so was Wentz and countless other big QBs who got hurt a lot in the pocket. There does not seem to be a lot of data to indicate that slight, fast as Hell QBs get hurt more often than big pocket guys. If you watch the tape unlike Griffin Daniels knows how to protect himself. Well other than the 3-4 big hits he took, where he was not injured by the way, because he is a competitor and those were big moments and he was trying to make a play. I believe he will learn to stop doing that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There never really was a Daniels/Maye thing. It only existed in the minds of those who had ulterior motives against aligning themselves behind the obvious choice.
You're a business and you're hiring now. Your choices are between an imminently qualified candidate and one who might become what the other already is someday, hopefully, soon. Even then you're not ready to do what you know is right because somehow you've convinced yourself that, maybe, under the right circumstances, the lesser qualified hire could become a better version of himself and then you'd have something special. This illogical rationale has one rather obvious major flaw, and that is a built in assumption that the same "right circumstances" don't apply to the better current candidate and/or he doesn't have an upside that in time exceeds his initial impressive resume'.
Remember, the operative word with this hiring is "now," not later, and as Adam Peters, said, once he looked at their collective resumes, did a more thorough study, background checks, and personal interviews, the "now candidate became obvious.

SN: Anybody who wants to talk about using fear as a disqualifying factor his size for example, just make your case and I'll respond to that.

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There never really was a Daniels/Maye thing. It only existed in the minds of those who had ulterior motives against aligning themselves behind the obvious choice.
You're a business and you're hiring now. Your choices are between an imminently qualified candidate and one who might become what the other already is someday, hopefully, soon. Even then you're not ready to do what you know is right because somehow you've convinced yourself that, maybe, under the right circumstances, the lesser qualified hire could become a better version of himself and then you'd have something special. This illogical rationale has one rather obvious major flaw, and that is a built in assumption that the same "right circumstances" don't apply to the better current candidate and/or he doesn't have an upside that in time exceeds his initial impressive resume'.
Remember, the operative word with this hiring is "now," not later, and as Adam Peters, said, once he looked at their collective resumes, did a more thorough study, background checks, and personal interviews, the "now candidate became obvious.

SN: Anybody who wants to talk about using fear as a disqualifying factor his size for example, just make your case and I'll respond to that.
The main poster who was anti-Daniels and flooded the board with nonsensical rumors has vanished it appears.

I still believe he hated Daniels more than he liked Maye. Just my opinion though.

Again, that is the problem with rumors. Most of them are made up by people like us. It appears most of the Daniels rumors were never even remotely true.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main poster who was anti-Daniels and flooded the board with nonsensical rumors has vanished it appears.

I still believe he hated Daniels more than he liked Maye. Just my opinion though.

Again, that is the problem with rumors. Most of them are made up by people like us. It appears most of the Daniels rumors were never even remotely true.
It's always interesting to see how people react or fail to do so once their rationale is challenged.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who disappeared your little man complex because I believe you still have it with how you act

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has to say that to start his media career.

Doesn't mean a lick of beans.

Can Daniels out run NFL defenders like he did college ones? We'll see.
The answer to that one is easy. no, he can’t. But he doesn’t need to. He just needs to keep moving the chains.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who disappeared your little man complex because I believe you still have it with how you act
First of all, you are a troll.

You told me to man up and did. In fact, I offered you a deal and you ran. You then made up a childish excuse about not wanting anyone banned. Please. Calling me names and calling me out hasn't worked out for you has it?

Second of all, you are a troll.

You wasted countless hours and posted over a hundred comments on daniels. You wasted everyone's time with your nonsense and tried to get into childish debates using ridiculous rumors.

It was a bad look for sure. And as usual, you were wrong. You built up maye all for nothing. Just like Ben Johnson, you are completely off base.

Third, you are a troll.

Instead of being a decent fan, you started complaining immediately and called daneils a terrible pick and a bust. Dude hasn't taken a snap and because you are angry and embarrassed, you lashed out. I thought you might have said something to the effect that he wasn't your guy but that you support him. Apparently, maturity isn't your thing. I have no clue why you are a fan of this team.

Several posters were laughing at your expense today. Well done!

Lastly, you are a troll. We are all going to suffer through your nonsense when daniels struggles in games or throws a pick. I wish you would have taken the deal and done us a favor.

Mic drop...you're welcome.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, you are a troll.

You told me to man up and did. In fact, I offered you a deal and you ran. You then made up a childish excuse about not wanting anyone banned. Please. Calling me names and calling me out hasn't worked out for you has it?

Second of all, you are a troll.

You wasted countless hours and posted over a hundred comments on daniels. You wasted everyone's time with your nonsense and tried to get into childish debates using ridiculous rumors.

It was a bad look for sure. And as usual, you were wrong. You built up maye all for nothing. Just like Ben Johnson, you are completely off base.

Third, you are a troll.

Instead of being a decent fan, you started complaining immediately and called daneils a terrible pick and a bust. Dude hasn't taken a snap and because you are angry and embarrassed, you lashed out. I thought you might have said something to the effect that he wasn't your guy but that you support him. Apparently, maturity isn't your thing. I have no clue why you are a fan of this team.

Lastly, you are a troll. We are all going to suffer through your nonsense when daniels struggles in games or throws a pick. I wish you would have taken the deal and done us a favor.

Mic drop...you're welcome.
cry me a river pansy