• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daniels vs Maye: Final thoughts

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how legitimite it is, but Quinn and Peters make it sound that they knew earlier on that Daniels was the pick. Again, this could be GM and coach speak but they knew that they could pick anyone NOT named Caleb Williams. Seems like Daniels was the favorite for quite some time.

Peters talked about Daniels athleticism.
Quinn talked about Daniels competitiveness.

Now that it is all said and done, what are the final thoughts? The debates got heated over the past few months, so I am curious what the final judgement is. To me, it almost seemed from time to time that poster(s) hated Daniels more than they liked Maye. Maye has some great qualities obviously and has the potential to be a solid NFL QB, but the front office went with Daniels. I am not saying their careers are tied together like Leaf and Manning, but I do not think this is the last the board will hear about Maye vs Daniels.

I think the front office got it right. I think both players are good players and would have worked, but I have less concerns with Daniels than I do Maye. When they were announcing the Green Room attendees, it was obvious. Maye looked like he did not want to be there at all in my opinion. Daniels looked confident and ready to roll.

Final thoughts on this debate?

One final thought, it is refreshing to have an actual front office making these decisions. We have not had that for quite some time obviously. Instead of preparing to be upset with the pick, I am actually excited now. Peters is simply head and shoulders above Rivera, Allen, and Cerrato...and Dan as well.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts are we would be fine with sticks or maye . Both do different things and I am excited to see what sticks does . He is further along passing the football then a lot of running qbs are so he could be a breakthrough type QB

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im happy with the pick. Hopefully JD becomes the next Lamar Jackson. He is a better passer than Jackson was coming out of school for that monster year. Hopefully he stays healthy, and we don't have to revisit the QB position for a while. I think KK will get the best out of him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im happy with the pick. Hopefully JD becomes the next Lamar Jackson. He is a better passer than Jackson was coming out of school for that monster year. Hopefully he stays healthy, and we don't have to revisit the QB position for a while. I think KK will get the best out of him.
Geez dean every pick we make you love it no matter what ! How about less Homerism and more realistic takes !

For the record you are right ! LOL

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez dean every pick we make you love it no matter what ! How about less Homerism and more realistic takes !

For the record you are right ! LOL

I wanted JD going in. Not every pick skinsdad. Remember Trent Murphy and Spencer Long? lol

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted JD going in. Not every pick skinsdad. Remember Trent Murphy and Spencer Long? lol
You did want Ben Johnson though and told me Johnson "should" make that pick and it would be Maye.

You were on the Maye wagon for a while. We argued about it.

You did jump to Daniels a while ago though.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One final thought, it is refreshing to have an actual front office making these decisions. We have not had that for quite some time obviously.
How do you know?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know?
Because Dan Snyder was literally the worst owner in professional sports and was our final decision maker.

Can you name anyone worse or are you literally implying that Peters might be worse than Snyder?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good summary
He has to say that to start his media career.

Doesn't mean a lick of beans.

Can Daniels out run NFL defenders like he did college ones? We'll see.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Dan Snyder was literally the worst owner in professional sports and was our final decision maker.

Can you name anyone worse or are you literally implying that Peters might be worse than Snyder?
I'm literally implying he might be second worst.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did want Ben Johnson though and told me Johnson "should" make that pick and it would be Maye.

You were on the Maye wagon for a while. We argued about it.

You did jump to Daniels a while ago though.

Yes b/c i thought Johnson was going to be the HC and thought Maye would-be better for him. Then Quinn got hired and KK got hired, I switched to JD for awhile now.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes b/c i thought Johnson was going to be the HC and thought Maye would-be better for him. Then Quinn got hired and KK got hired, I switched to JD for awhile now.
I am going to disengage. Enjoy the draft Dean.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Snyder is the worst and Peters COULD be close to that right?
I thought you'd try to prove it with his accomplishments, not with "hey at least he's not the last guy." You don't sound too confident. Just hopeful.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you'd try to prove it with his accomplishments not with "hey at least he's not the last guy." You don't sound too confident. Just hopeful.
Nope...I have already said Peters is the best GM we have had since the early 90's. Is that clear enough?