• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daniel Hudson & Brandon Beachy

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Hudson & Brandon Beachy are about 3 weeks away from returning to the majors. The question is when they come back, who's the odd man out.

In Atlanta you currently have Tim Hudson, Paul Maholm, Mike Minor, Kris Medlen & Julio Teheran.
Tim Hudson isn't going anywhere.
While Maholm isn't sexy or a household name, he's been very consistent the past 2 years in Atlanta.
The Mike Minor experiment is in its fourth year and is finally show signs of a payoff, so odds are Minor is safe as well.

That leaves Julio Teheran & Kris Medlen. Teheran got off to a rocky start but has been very good in the month of May. He could be sent to the minors to get more seasoning. Another option would be to move him to the bullpen, but if anyone is gonna be sent there it will probably be......

Medlen isn't gonna be sent down, but they could move him back to the bullpen. The Braves started the year down a man without Jonny Venters who's now lost for the year and recently lost Eric O'Flaherty for the season. And they're still without Luis Ayala & Cristhian Martinez.
I'd hate to see either moved from the rotation (mainly because I own each in separate leagues), but unless someone is traded or gets injured, either Medlen or Teheran could be out of the rotation by the end of June.

As for Arizona you have Patrick Corbin, Trevor Cahill, Ian Kennedy, Brandon McCarthy & Wade Miley.

Corbin is far from an ace and may not keep this pace up all season, but for now he's the best pitcher in Arizona so his job is safe.
Cahill should be safe as well and has shown improvement his second year for the D'Backs.
McCarthy got off to a rough start, but his last 3 have him looking like the McCarthy we remember from Oakland. Safe.

That leaves Kennedy & Miley.
Ian Kennedy looked like he was gonna be the new sheriff in town going into the 2012 season. Fast Forward to today and he looks like just another guy who teases flashes of brilliance.
Miley did great his first full year last season. This season he hasn't been bad, but it's not what was expected of him and the higher walk totals that followed him in the minors have come back (aka - the dreaded sophomore slump).

The obvious move here would be Miley back to the minors or sent to the pen, but if this happens it might just be temporary. Arizona has a glutton of talent in the minors already and the clock is ticking down before those guys can't and or won't be held down anymore.

I see a trade coming here as they have too many arms and no place to put them. Who goes is the big question, and where they go could have big impact on their value for the rest of the season. This will be an interesting scenario to watch unfold.

Last edited by a moderator:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and like clockwork... down goes Medlen!

seriously though, probably not a big injury...

the right move is Hudson, but they won't out of respect... Teheran is probably on his way down, and this time will likely dominate AAA.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right, I really can't afford to have Medlen in the bullpen. I punted saves in my one league and he's an important piece for me qualifying for RP.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and like clockwork... down goes Medlen!

seriously though, probably not a big injury...

the right move is Hudson, but they won't out of respect... Teheran is probably on his way down, and this time will likely dominate AAA.

I agree, it's gotta be Teheran unless Medlen's injury is worse than they say. I wonder if Arizona might do something with Kennedy?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being as braves need BP help ( lost venters/oflaherty for season) I believe medlen goes to the pen since he has been there before If all goes well beachy slated to start 6/18

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade Miley is making the decision in Arizona a little easier considering he's given up 7 runs in 3 of his last 4 games Even if/when Miley gets sent down, Arizona is going to have to make some kind of move considering the talent in the minors.

Molsaniceman, I agree Medlen will probably go to the pen, but wouldn't be to happy about the move.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade Miley is making the decision in Arizona a little easier considering he's given up 7 runs in 3 of his last 4 games Even if/when Miley gets sent down, Arizona is going to have to make some kind of move considering the talent in the minors.

Molsaniceman, I agree Medlen will probably go to the pen, but wouldn't be to happy about the move.

Miley is now avail, as of an hour ago, in a fantasy league near you.

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like miley stays mccarthy to the DL

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question for me is whether either of these guys is worth owning this year. Remember Waino last year? An elite pitcher put up rather pedestrian numbers in his return from TJ. I just don't see either of these guys pitching well enough to be better than a streaming option with good match-ups.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting tired of all the DL crap. I think every team should bring up all their stud prospects and let 'em duke it out!

You have to admit it would make things interesting. :)

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got offered nick franklin for beachy in yearly roto league 5x5 What do u think?

I need bats badly but feel beachy is worth more than franklin

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been stashing Beachy on my DL in hopes of him returning to what he was at the start of last season. Watching updates on him clsely, but not sure about getting rid of any of the starters I currently have to bring him in. I guess I just keep watching for now.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Hudson done for 2013, guess that ends that controversy.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Hudson done for 2013, guess that ends that controversy.

And this was going to be a way to deal more gently with Ian Kennedy. I guess they are going to keep him in the rotation now, though he has pretty much stunk on ice all year.