• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Damn.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know a game is 2 halves not 1 right? 24-0 at half and the defense couldnt hold that lead when the offense struggled in the 2nd half. No way around it.

You know a team is more than just an offense or defense, right? And to expect the defense to go out and just do it all the entire game while the offense proceeds to do nothing all night is completely unrealistic. I mean, it's not like they were playing a good team with a good offense that won't be contained forever, right?

Anyway, I'm not going to be dragged into senseless debate about how wrecked our season is, bad our defense is, etc. The Broncos are 9-2 and in the driver's seat. That game was frustrating to watch, but it is just one loss. Anyone who tries to pin that loss on one thing (ie: defense, Manning, Holliday, cold air) is a football assclown. Both the Pats and Broncos had their chances and in the end good fortune favored the Pats with that bounce into Carter to set up the game winner. Sometimes it's just your night.

Moving on, now...

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know a game is 2 halves not 1 right? 24-0 at half and the defense couldnt hold that lead when the offense struggled in the 2nd half. No way around it.

You're lack of understanding of the game of football is astounding

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats correct cant count on the defense against a great QB when the offense is struggling. Until the Broncos fix this pass defense there will be no Super Bowl. Brady had no issues throwing while Manning did. Its that simple.

You realize in this game in the 2nd half for most of it the Broncos were missing their 2 starting corners (Champ and DRC) and the two starting safeties (Nacho and Moore). Then on top of that even a couple of the back ups got hurt in the secondary. So by the end of the game our starting unit was Harris, Webster, and Jammer for the corners with Adams and Bruton as our starting safeties. I would think a HOF quarterback should be able to do just fine against that secondary. Now in the first half when we still had DRC and Nacho at least the Broncos more than contained the Patriot passing attack.

Sheesh sometimes I wonder how much you actually watch the games with some of your comments. Yes the secondary in the 2nd half did not have the greatest game ever. Turnovers by the offense and special teams put them in bad spots then throw in injuries and yeah they struggled. For the most part though the Broncos kept the Patriots offense in check other than about 17 minutes of the game. So once the back ups got going in the game they shut the Patriot offense down to a field goal 21 straight minutes in overtime and the 4th quarter. Not bad for a bunch of back ups.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his world, the second and third string should be able to play at the same caliber as the 1st string. Anything less and the defense sucks.

It's not realistic, but that's what I'm getting:noidea:

Plus, apparently the turnovers had nothing to do with the loss. It was mainly the defense that sucked :scratch: