• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dalton's pass to AJ

icehole3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
amazing throw considering he has a hand in his face, the other amazing thing is after 9 years in Brats offense Palmer was wearing a wrist playbook that went all up his arm, check out Dalton's wrist bands, who is that an indictment on Brat or Palmer

10299240-large.jpg

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, why have all those plays if your receivers can't even remember the routes? That's on the offensive coordinator.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It was a high throw that few receivers in the league come down with. Green showed amazing body control there.

Btw, Brady wears a wristband and uses it often.

LOL @ "went all up his arm". Not sure about your question, but THAT is an indictment of your partiality.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a high throw that few receivers in the league come down with. Green showed amazing body control there.

Btw, Brady wears a wristband and uses it often.

LOL @ "went all up his arm". Not sure about your question, but THAT is an indictment of your partiality.

Brady and New England have a well established offense. Last season, our offense was far from well established, receivers were running around like headless chickens.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course... Chad should have known the routes.

but the OC never figured it out, and damn sure never would adjust.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My point was the assertion that wearing a wristband makes you any less of a QB is ridiculous.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most QB's that call a lot of their own plays at the LOS will use the bands.

Dalton is not going to be calling his own plays. They may give him options in the huddle, such as calling 3 plays at once and then having him audible to a play...but I doubt he's just lining them up and going.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the argument here is - Some coordinator/quarterback combos like the arm band while some just read the full play over the headset. Probably has much more to do with different terminology than anything else.

The major difference I see between Bratkowski and Gruden is efficiency in play call. Palmer used to get frustrated (rightfully so) while waiting on Bob to decide which run-right play he wanted to call.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not sure what the argument here is - Some coordinator/quarterback combos like the arm band while some just read the full play over the headset. Probably has much more to do with different terminology than anything else.

The major difference I see between Bratkowski and Gruden is efficiency in play call. Palmer used to get frustrated (rightfully so) while waiting on Bob to decide which run-right play he wanted to call.

Unfortunately, we have many of the same problems as before (delay of games, timeouts, etc), so I think Marvin is a big part of the problem. He decides the RB rotation, so who knows what else, and it seems that's just another extra line of communication that slows the entire process down. The less Marvin is involved with, the better. Hopefully one day in the next 5 years he's assuredly here, he'll figure it out.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, we have many of the same problems as before (delay of games, timeouts, etc), so I think Marvin is a big part of the problem. He decides the RB rotation, so who knows what else, and it seems that's just another extra line of communication that slows the entire process down. The less Marvin is involved with, the better. Hopefully one day in the next 5 years he's assuredly here, he'll figure it out.

We have had like maybe 4-6 delay of games all year, with Palmer and Co. we had at least 2 a game it seemed.

I am not putting that blame on Palmer as much as Bratkowski who called such a complex offensive system that it took too long to relay the play to everyone in the huddle. Brat was a clown.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame Brat, but the tempo offensively has improved greatly this year......I am struggling to remember a delay penalty, and only a couple times timeouts were wasted....Gruden gets most of the credit for that, imo......do agree that Marvin just needs to stay out of the way more.....I'd like to see what Gruden can come up with in the way of a gameplan....let Marvin just work on challenges and such, and I'll admit he's done better with that this year.....Marvin should also put Gruden in charge of personnel changes, such as when to sub Scott for Benson....

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I can't remember many delay penalties at all this year. Brat was an abomination, and Palmer seemed oblivious to the play clock at times.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't really criticize Palmer now that he's winning.

I would put a booger in his salad maybe.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't really criticize Palmer now that he's winning.

I would put a booger in his salad maybe.

I watched his game yesterday, and while he moved it well through the air, besides the pick he threw, a couple more were dropped......can't be blamed on rust now.....he's won three straight though.....he had what has become the last couple of years a typical, Palmer-like game, where he made some excellent throws, and a couple of sucky ones.....

Last edited by a moderator:

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought he played well all things considered. He moved the ball well until the redzone area. A lot of that can be attributed to being without 2 of his 3 best receivers, a 2.9 ypc RB due to a great run defense, and a great redzone defense (4th in the league in redzone defense). The big thing is I think he's retrieved most of if not all his arm strength. That said, he did have 1 pass hit a defender in the chest and another where his receiver had to become the defender.

Edit: Btw, Tebow is also "winning".

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
amazing throw considering he has a hand in his face, the other amazing thing is after 9 years in Brats offense Palmer was wearing a wrist playbook that went all up his arm, check out Dalton's wrist bands, who is that an indictment on Brat or Palmer

10299240-large.jpg

That pass was a bit high and Green made one hell of a play to come down with that, but still, it hit Green in stride outside the jumping part, and it was in a place only Green had a chance to make the catch. Seeing how he was when releasing the ball, that is a pretty incredible throw really.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not sure I see this train of thought. Where do people expect for the pass to have gone? To the other side of the field?

Have you ever shot a basketball with a hand in your face? These are professional QBs. As long as their throwing motion isn't impeded, if they know where they want to go with the ball, as they're winding up/releasing, they could shut their eyes and throw a pretty accurate pass.

It was a high pass in the general vicinity. The only thing "incredible" there was the catch and Green's uncanny body control.