• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dalton wins rookie of the week

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As I said, Newton was off the charts to start the year, but he's cooled off dramatically, especially at the job of quarterbacking. He hasn't been putting up big numbers after 2 huge yardage games to start the year. Dalton is getting better as the year goes on.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As I said, Newton was off the charts to start the year, but he's cooled off dramatically, especially at the job of quarterbacking. He hasn't been putting up big numbers after 2 huge yardage games to start the year. Dalton is getting better as the year goes on.

Dalton hasn't put up good numbers in 2 of his last 3 games and has lost 2 of his last 3. However, the argument is still made he's getting better or he's playing well. The same can apply for Newton as well despite not putting up good numbers 2 of the last 3 or winning 2 of the last 3. Only way anyone can say otherwise is if they've watched him all season and especially the last 3 games.

As far as the media goes, at this time of the year, they're going to mostly cover the teams that are winning. Others are an afterthought. I wouldn't put too much stock on coverage.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't say anything about coverage. I said Newton has cooled off some. Dalton hasn't put up huge numbers all year, so there hasn't been a drop off. Even the 2 lost games, he brought the team back late and put them in a position to win.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I didn't say anything about coverage. I said Newton has cooled off some. Dalton hasn't put up huge numbers all year, so there hasn't been a drop off. Even the 2 lost games, he brought the team back late and put them in a position to win.

He's thrown a lot of interceptions those games. Again, unless youve seen cam's games, you cant say he hasn't done things well or that he's been regressing. There's just no way to know.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't say regressing either. I said he had cooled off, as in, not putting up 400 yards like he did in his first two weeks. He's only broken 300 yards once since then I think, maybe twice. He's also thrown some picks. I didn't say he was playing horribly. I said cooled off from those first few games, especially the first one. Reading comprehension.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know exactly what you said. But what you arent understanding is that so has Dalton in that sense. In 2 of his last 3 games he's almost thrown as many interceptions as he had all year. We can't pick and choose which stats we want to consider as a barometer or which to ignore. Yet apparently he can be on an upword trend. So, I ask, why can Cam not be even despite not putting up as gawdy stats.

And let this be a reminder I was one of the few early on in the year that wasn't going crazy over the stats Cam was putting up. Too much goes into stats.

All I ask is if we can view Andy one way - not judging him entirely by stats, then we should allow the same for Cam. And that we cannot do without having watched his games.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think I read that Dalton has played a top 10 defense 6 times this year, compared to twice for Cam. The average defensive ranking vs Dalton is 11.6 compared to 18.5 for Newton

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Dalton is ROY hands down

How fun would this division be if Leaveland got off the pot and became competitive.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton is ROY hands down

How fun would this division be if Leaveland got off the pot and became competitive.

They should trade for Peyton Manning. He'd be a god there too. With the loss of LeBron they're looking from someone to idolize again.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They should trade for Peyton Manning. He'd be a god there too. With the loss of LeBron they're looking from someone to idolize again.

they're 4-7 with 4 of their last 5 against the Ravens and Steelers. they'll probably have a top 5 pick, plus they have an extra 1st rder from the Falcons trade last yr. they're in a good spot to get Barkley.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they're 4-7 with 4 of their last 5 against the Ravens and Steelers. they'll probably have a top 5 pick, plus they have an extra 1st rder from the Falcons trade last yr. they're in a good spot to get Barkley.

They have a great track record of drafting QB's too!

Nah, you trade the picks for Manning and let McCoy watch for 3 seasons. Win-win.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But you have to factor in a couple things. Manning's 36 and coming off a bad injury. If it's a team like the Jets or the 49ers who somebody could argue is a bigtime QB a way from being a SB team it's worth trading high picks for him.

With the Browns, Manning would be going to a bad weather team with no skill at WR who play in the best division in football...

he's meant so much to the Colts franchise that if they do trade him I think it'll be to a place of his choice