• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas pregame Dallas week

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that this is the same thing that was posted yesterday. Gruden states "Eventually there could be a situation where we dress both of them" when referring to AP & Guice. Are you fucking kidding me? If they are both healthy you dress both of them - period. If you need another ST player then sit someone else on the team.

Did you draft one RB high & pay another a bunch of money to create these either/or situations? Again what exactly has Guice done to warrant getting so many carries? I hope that he earns this status, but he has nothing to date to be in this role. This is a real slap in the face to AP. Just puzzling.
Seems to be something there between Gruden & AP, otherwise, this makes zero sense. His comments about the I-Formation and running 55x from that would allow him to call up AP. Jerk, jerk, jerk! Cutting Davis to bring up Holtz? Unnecessary move since Holtz was not needed. You friggin carried Smallwood on the active and he wasn't even on the team 5 days prior. C'mon Man.........

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win or loss (I have this as a loss dad) I want to see more from the young guys as I saw last week. More McClauren, more Holcomb, more Moreland, more Quinn, more Harmon etc. Let's see who steps up for Allen this week. More Settle, more Settle, more Settle...More positive run game from our apparently one dimensional back and better communication from our secondary. Collins was excellent last week and nobody is really talking about that. If not for 2-3 sure tackles he made, the game could have been UGLY! More Nicholson and a better effort from Norman please and thanks!!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to be something there between Gruden & AP, otherwise, this makes zero sense. His comments about the I-Formation and running 55x from that would allow him to call up AP. Jerk, jerk, jerk! Cutting Davis to bring up Holtz? Unnecessary move since Holtz was not needed. You friggin carried Smallwood on the active and he wasn't even on the team 5 days prior. C'mon Man.........

look i wont say too much about AP , other then to say he would have found tough sledding as well

your point about cutting davis and bringing up holtz is unfounded . id we had an injury to sprinkle or davis it could have hurt . also holtz also played special teams

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win or loss (I have this as a loss dad) I want to see more from the young guys as I saw last week. More McClauren, more Holcomb, more Moreland, more Quinn, more Harmon etc. Let's see who steps up for Allen this week. More Settle, more Settle, more Settle...More positive run game from our apparently one dimensional back and better communication from our secondary. Collins was excellent last week and nobody is really talking about that. If not for 2-3 sure tackles he made, the game could have been UGLY! More Nicholson and a better effort from Norman please and thanks!!!

if you have it as a L then i shouldnt hear any complaining now should i ? they did what you said they would do

settle played a ton of snaps , the issue was you lost 2 of you 5 d/lineman and the rotation went down hill and the got tired up front

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you have it as a L then i shouldnt hear any complaining now should i ? they did what you said they would do

settle played a ton of snaps , the issue was you lost 2 of you 5 d/lineman and the rotation went down hill and the got tired up front
No complaining this week! :agree:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins Stats & Snaps: Redskins @ Eagles (Defense/ST)

Jonathan Allen- Jonathan Allen played on seven of the team’s first eight defensive snaps before suffering an MCL sprain which knocked him out of the game and will likely sideline him for at least a game or two.

Allen did not record a stat of any kind on those plays; the Eagles averaged 4.29 yards per play and picked up two first downs when he was on the field.

There’s a strong chance that Allen, who has already missed a third of his possible career games (11-of-33), will be absent when the Redskins are tasked with defending two-time rushing champion Ezekiel Elliott next week.

Daron Payne- Payne had a solid, if unspectacular, showing in the opener. He only generated one pressure on his team-high 37 pass-rushing snaps, but it was one of the team’s few QB hits in the game. He batted down a fourth-down Carson Wentz pass on another one of his rushes.

Last year’s first-round pick also recorded 3 tackles, 2 stops and a tackle for loss. The TFL was made when Payne took down Eagles’ rookie Miles Sanders two-yards behind the line of scrimmage on a goal-line play. Payne shut down another Sanders’ run earlier in the contest, with that one going for no gain.

Defensive Line (6 Players)
Player (* - starter) Snaps Snap %
Matt Ioannidis 65 87%
Daron Payne * 58 77%
Tim Settle 36 48%
Caleb Brantley 8 11%
Jonathan Allen * 7 9%
Treyvon Hester Inactive N/A

Matt Ioannidis- The Ion Man picked up a lot of the slack with Jonathan Allen out of the lineup. He easily set new career highs in both snaps played and snap percentage (65, 86.7%). His old career marks in those categories were 55 and 77.5% (Week 11 of 2017 at New Orleans).

He registered a hurry and a hit as a pass rusher, which made him the only D-lineman on the team with multiple pressures in the game and just one of two Washington defenders overall who could make that claim. Matty I chipped in with 3 tackles (1 solo) in the running, as well.

I’m not really sure how they came up with this one, but PFF gave him a career-worst 36.7 grade for the game

Tim Settle- Like Ioannidis, Tim Settle had to step up to fill the hole left by Allen’s absence, too. The second-year tackle topped his previous career highs in snaps and snap rate by 15 snaps and 16.7%.

Settle’s only tackle of the day was a stop in the running game. He also generated a pressure for just the fifth time as a pro when he hurried Carson Wentz on a third down.

His 74.5 PFF grade was the highest such mark posted by a Washington defender in Week 1

Caleb Brantley- Caleb Brantley suffered an ankle injury that limited him to just 8 defensive snaps in the game. He did not record a traditional stat or generate a pressure on any of those plays.

Pro Football Focus tagged Brantley with a lowly 25.8 rating for his performance, which was both a career low for him and the third-worst grade given to any player in Week 1.

Brantley was reportedly spotted wearing a walking boot, so he might be out for a while.

Treyvon Hester- The third-year Toledo product was inactive for the game. Hester should actually get a bit of playing time though in the next few weeks with both Allen and Brantley on the mend.

He’s posted some fairly adequate numbers for a backup (572 defensive snaps, 32 tackles, 3 TFLs, a sack, 6 QB hits and 21 pressures with the Raiders and Eagles).

T.Y. McGill- McGill’s signing on Tuesday is yet another ominous sign for the health of Jon Allen and Caleb Brantley.

He’s a lot like Hester in that he’s been a backup who has put up some pretty decent numbers despite being limited by a lack of playing time. In fact, McGill’s career numbers, at least from a production standpoint, are far superior to Hester’s: 657 snaps, 23 tackles, 7 TFLs, 5 sacks, 12 QB hits and 40 total pressures.

The Redskins will be the fifth-year pro’s seventh team

those are the key d/line stats

Ryan Kerrigan- With Patrick Peterson (suspended) and Glover Quinn (retired) out of the way Kerrigan moved into a tie for fourth (tied with Matthew Stafford) among all players for the most consecutive starts by an active player (129 starts). Philip Rivers and Matt Ryan are the only men in football who have started more straight games on the offensive side of the ball (209 and 148), while Brandon Carr is the only defender who has started in more consecutive contests than Kerrigan has (177 to 129).

Unsurprisingly, the Heartbreak Kid was one of the few players on the Redskins’ defense who did not disappoint in Sunday’s game. He only made one tackle on the day (an assist), but put up plus numbers as a rusher off the edge.His 5 hurries and 2 QB hits were both at least doubled the second-best player on the team in each category. He scored his hits on the defense’s first two snaps of the game.

RyKerr has racked up five or more pressures in three of his last five games.

so for those crying about his play perhaps you should re evaluate ( country !)

Montez Sweat- The rookie first rounder out of Mississippi State started opposite Kerrigan and played 51 snaps in his first NFL game.

The athletic freak was limited to just one pressure (a hurry) in his debut, but that might’ve had something to do with going up against probable Hall of Famer Jason Peters (0 pressures allowed) on roughly 80% of pass rushes.

Sweat did, however, rack up 5 tackles and 3 defensive stops against the Eagles, one of which was a 4-yard TFL. He also shut down a running play a yard before the sticks on third down.

some asked about him , pretty solid game against a tough LT in peters

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some perspective skins fans

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't forget dad that you predicted during the pre-season that that we would contain Zeke at home, beat the boys at home, and be 2-3 after our first 5 games. You don't know how much I'm trying to believe all of this and Gruden will even love you if you're right because he will still be employed.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget dad that you predicted during the pre-season that that we would contain Zeke at home, beat the boys at home, and be 2-3 after our first 5 games. You don't know how much I'm trying to believe all of this and Gruden will even love you if you're right because he will still be employed.
I stand by it even without Allen

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your alternative is to lay down on your ass and give up at the first hint of a struggle . Sorry but when we are eliminated from the playoffs is when I will let doom and gloom take hold .

As for my predictions , I am the only one on this board who had the sack to put on the record game by game what I thought . I am the only one who laid it all out there and take the fire for it

Everyone else just kept it to themselves and played it safe