• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daily Thread: "We're on a mission from God."

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I don't get. If I ran a message board, I wouldn't want me and the rest of the ex CBS raatards posting.

Already ancient history, cereal. :suds:

beefman138

I like cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could not have happened to a nicer guy..............

Milwaukee Brewers slugger Ryan Braun, who in July accepted a 65-game suspension for his ties to the Biogenesis performance-enhancing drug scandal, still is seeing fallout from corporate America.
On Thursday, SURG Restaurant Group, the company that manages restaurants in Wisconsin affiliated with Braun, announced it will sever its relationship with him.

"We've appreciated the relationship we had with Ryan over the last several years, and the entire SURG family wishes him success in the future," Michael Polaski, CEO and co-owner of SURG, said in a statement.

The group had a licensing deal with Braun for an Italian restaurant called Ryan Braun's Graffito Restaurant. SURG said it will keep the restaurant open until the end of the year "to honor its pre-existing obligations to its customers and employees."

SURG also said it will change the name of its 8-Twelve MVP Bar & Grill -- the numbers of Braun and Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, respectively -- at its current location, as well as at another restaurant that will open this fall. The company's deal with Rodgers will remain unchanged.
"We look forward to the future with optimism, particularly with the opportunity to introduce and rebrand two, new exciting restaurant experiences," Omar Shaikh, SURG president and co-owner, said in a statement.

The restaurant deal seemingly is the last shoe to drop for Braun, who also lost a deal with convenience store Kwik Trip and a shoe deal with Nike after he was suspended.
A month after accepting the suspension, Braun apologized in a statement through the Brewers, admitting that he had used a banned substance in cream and lozenge form.

"It was a huge mistake for which I am deeply ashamed and I compounded the situation by not admitting my mistakes immediately," Braun said in the statement.
"By coming forward when I did and waiving my right to appeal any sanctions that were going to be imposed, I knew I was making the correct decision and taking the first step in the right direction. It was important to me to begin my suspension immediately to minimize the burden on everyone I had so negatively affected -- my teammates, the entire Brewers organization, the fans and all of MLB."

The guy will never be forgiven, I hope!

Although I will note one positive, he is actually calling each Brewer Season Ticket Holder, one by one, to apologize.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how so many people hated Steve Spurrier at Florida. I'm not saying I liked the guy, but at Ohio's States peak with Jim Tressel, I disliked him more than all other coaches put together. He was a sanctimonious asshole. Well, ... sorta like Sake in a way!

He was a lyin' dirty cheat that said and did anything to keep his guys eligible for the sugar bowl, why the NCAA allows this guy to be on any NCAA campus is beyond me.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox/Yanks on MLB at 705 EDT :suds:

I watch Bastardball, I mean AL baseball as a last resort. I was content to wait for Cards @ Reds. Why watch an imitation when you can watch the real thing? :suds:

beefman138

I like cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ichiro just got the Yanks first hit off Peavy, bottom 3rd.

There goes the perfecto!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy will never be forgiven, I hope!

Although I will note one positive, he is actually calling each Brewer Season Ticket Holder, one by one, to apologize.

I haven't heard that. Hopefully some are giving him an earful. Somewhat disingenuous, wouldn't you say?

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There goes the perfecto!

Bunch of us on the cBS Gametracker Beef. You should join us

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Cingrani on the mound with a 2-0 lead and Craig and Roidier Molina out of the lineup, the Cards have an uphill battle. :hope:

/nojinx

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a lyin' dirty cheat that said and did anything to keep his guys eligible for the sugar bowl, why the NCAA allows this guy to be on any NCAA campus is beyond me.

I just hated his Pharisaical manner. Nose always in the air and always just a tad bit better than everyone else!

beefman138

I like cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard that. Hopefully some are giving him an earful. Somewhat disingenuous, wouldn't you say?

If I were a Brewer season ticket holder, and Braun called me personally, I would want to go nuts at him, but I probably would chicken out and end up being nice.

I wonder if calling them was actually his own idea? :noidea:

It does seem strange...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There goes the perfecto!

Does Jeter move South of the Mendoza line tonight?

beefman138

I like cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of us on the cBS Gametracker Beef. You should join us

I'd love to Capt, but the tracker glog doesn't work here ever since they changed the format earlier this year.

I can't even view it, let alone post in it - stupid CBS changing everything!!!

beefman138

I like cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nova has also been very economical - 82 pitches in 3 innings. :clap:

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to Capt, but the tracker glog doesn't work here ever since they changed the format earlier this year.

I can't even view it, let alone post in it - stupid CBS changing everything!!!

Sorry bout that Beef. cBS sucks

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds up 3-0. :yahoo: Watching the Baltimore @ Denver game. Anyone else?

beefman138

I like cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds up 3-0. :yahoo: Watching the Baltimore @ Denver game. Anyone else?

Hammer I just did a quick scan of our sports stations - It's either the Yanks/Sox game, Baltimore @ Denver or the U.S. Open.

Had to stay with the Baseball!

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_mddsuu6vyC1rc6dyvo1_500.gif