• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D2 2017 rookie draft

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you find that quote from Treff?

And NO to a full time Taxi Squad.

Maybe i am mistaken, but i thought the point of the taxi squad was so we could hold onto the rookies while they develop. I just don't see the point of having the squad if its just for the off season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe i am mistaken, but i thought the point of the taxi squad was so we could hold onto the rookies while they develop. I just don't see the point of having the squad if its just for the off season.

Don't be saying that, because if nothing else it gives you some extra info to evaluate the marginal players on your roster. Some here would rather not have one at all. I'm going to appreciate the benefits of a temporary taxi squad rather then not have one. Maybe someday we can eventually have a year long rookie taxi squad, but it's going to have to be in baby steps. Wonder if PPR scoring had the same growing pains.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's eliminate it in the off season.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was more to see how they develop over the summer. (IMO we need to have part of preseason also to look at them) It was also for the people that make uneven player number trades, so that the one with more than 20 players doesn't have to drop someone immediately. And we didn't have a high number of drops during the draft to figure out. Yes the last one is for me the commish only.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a full time taxi squad for rookies ( at least rookie when put on the squad) is a cool idea. See a rookie that that has potential but isn't ready straight out of the box for the NFL? Yet you feel " this player could develop into something special with coaching, experience and mostly time", however with byes injuries and such you can't afford to just stash him, eventually the rest of the league catches up with your gem once he developes and someone else nabs him once he starts shining, leaving you to stew over the fact that you may have been the first to see his potential, but didn't help you in the least.
Meh..i had second thoughts and deleted the whole thing .. forgot I'm trying to go with the flow here

but hey, if that's the case. .nut up, make the hard choice to keep the guy. .or sit there and stew

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get why y'all wanna make things so complicated. It's like a Mad Scientist factory up in here.

No offense to any mad scientists reading...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not. I consider this league the progressive league and D1 for purists. Nothing wrong with either one, love them both.

Hmm...guess that means D1 stays the same, correct?

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's eliminate it in the off season.

After seeing it in action i have to agree i'd rather if a player gets hurt and one of these guys gets moved up the pecking order it was first come first serve to those who are paying the most attention.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing it in action i have to agree i'd rather if a player gets hurt and one of these guys gets moved up the pecking order it was first come first serve to those who are paying the most attention.
Or who ever has first priority on the WW, which is usually the case. Think the majority here watch the WW with a eagle eye.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get why y'all wanna make things so complicated. It's like a Mad Scientist factory up in here.

No offense to any mad scientists reading...

Because we all have a little Milk in us. Sometimes complicated is fun, sometimes it is a headache.