• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D2 2017 rookie draft

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was running out of backup qb options for sure lol. Can't complain about the #2 overall pick though.

Quite telling though...

#2 overall pick lasts til the 3rd round here. Part of that is certainly due to his situation and lack of playmakers, but if anyone of us believed in trubiskie's talent anywhere near as much as the bears, he would have been off the board long ago.

In other words, sorry Joe!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I considered him at 2.16 instead of Kizer, but even if he's everything his supporters say he can be. . he's still not a good fantasy QB. Would rather risk the potential complete bust on a guy with seemingly higher ceiling for scoring fantasy points.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite telling though...

#2 overall pick lasts til the 3rd round here. Part of that is certainly due to his situation and lack of playmakers, but if anyone of us believed in trubiskie's talent anywhere near as much as the bears, he would have been off the board long ago.

True. But...nfl evaluators probably know more than all of us. The best indicator we have of nfl success is draft capital invested. And I like Trubisky more than Watson as a prospect (although in fantasy Watson adds the running aspect which is super helpful). And I think Trubisky is a lot more likely to be a long term nfl qb than Mahomes but Mahomes has a lot more upside. Chicago is definitely the worst situation of the 4 though.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite telling though...

IDK, fantasy owners in general want to be the 'SMART' guy... While real GM's try to be safe more than smart..

also, QBs in general don't get the fantasy attention... unless you do a 2 QB league, you really have to only own one...

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I considered him at 2.16 instead of Kizer, but even if he's everything his supporters say he can be. . he's still not a good fantasy QB. Would rather risk the potential complete bust on a guy with seemingly higher ceiling for scoring fantasy points.

I wish you had taken Trubisky. Kizers my guy. I was expecting him to be the last to go of the 4 and then id trade up and grab him but you ruined my plan lol.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, fantasy owners in general want to be the 'SMART' guy...

also, QBs in general don't get the fantasy attention... unless you do a 2 QB league, you really have to only own one...

I agree with only owning one except that this is a 16 team league so you can't really find starting qbs on the waiver wire. Makes it a lot more important to have a backup

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 3

1 Shady - Godwin
2 OBX - Stewart
3 EHB - Trubisky
4 Barilko
5 TKO
6 BK
7 MIlk
8 Treff
9 Fuzzy
10 Monkey
11 TKO
12 Chef
13 Joe
14 TLance
15 Harold
16 Femurov

I am at work and can not do the spreadsheet right now, so use this.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But...nfl evaluators probably know more than all of us. The best indicator we have of nfl success is draft capital invested. And I like Trubisky more than Watson as a prospect (although in fantasy Watson adds the running aspect which is super helpful). And I think Trubisky is a lot more likely to be a long term nfl qb than Mahomes but Mahomes has a lot more upside. Chicago is definitely the worst situation of the 4 though.

I agree 100%.

I took Maholmes for upside. He could be a top 5-6 QB someday, but is a lot more likely to bust.

Thing is, there are a few teams who think Trubisky will be a total bust and did not even have him in their draft board. Time will tell. Definitely a great value in the 3rd round here, so i think you made an excellent pick.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite telling though...

Well ehb needed a backup QB, this is more a development type, but the market is pretty dry. Could end up being a great move and if not well it's a third round pick

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the ride home, on the local afternoon ESPN radio show they interviewed HOF architect Bill Polian.
I can't wait for the podcast to be available tomorrow.
He had nothing but praise for GM Ryan Pace for the Trubisky pick.

The hosts asked Polian about the small school guys that Pace drafted too.
He said, ever hear of Andre Reed? Pierre Garcon? (I forgot some of the others he rattled off.)
Polian said there's 2 things you look for in Division 2 school athletes:
1) Do they have the size and mental ability to translate to the NFL.
2) Did they dominate in Div 2 (since they should).
Pace's picks meet those requirements.

It was a good 20 minute discussion.
Polian said Bears fans should be excited about the players Ryan Pace drafted and Polian graded him as an A++++.
This is my Kool Aid moment.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took Watson 5 picks too early. Kicking myself over that, because I was trying to decide between him and Jameel Williams.

I needed a QB because I used my QB chips this offseason to improve my team what I could, so I was left with Bortles and Bradford. I figured Watson hid the highest upside of the four, mainly because of his running abilities.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the ride home, on the local afternoon ESPN radio show they interviewed HOF architect Bill Polian.
I can't wait for the podcast to be available tomorrow.
He had nothing but praise for GM Ryan Pace for the Trubisky pick.

The hosts asked Polian about the small school guys that Pace drafted too.
He said, ever hear of Andre Reed? Pierre Garcon? (I forgot some of the others he rattled off.)
Polian said there's 2 things you look for in Division 2 school athletes:
1) Do they have the size and mental ability to translate to the NFL.
2) Did they dominate in Div 2 (since they should).
Pace's picks meet those requirements.

It was a good 20 minute discussion.
Polian said Bears fans should be excited about the players Ryan Pace drafted and Polian graded him as an A++++.
This is my Kool Aid moment.

Well now I'm worried. I'm not a bill Pollan fan at all. He's one of those I won a super bowl so I know what I'm talking about and my way is the only way to do it guys.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took Watson 5 picks too early. Kicking myself over that, because I was trying to decide between him and Jameel Williams.

I needed a QB because I used my QB chips this offseason to improve my team what I could, so I was left with Bortles and Bradford. I figured Watson hid the highest upside of the four, mainly because of his running abilities.

However you didn't know when Watson would go, so if you had him for a target and got him, don't kick yourself for not having a crystal ball.:nod:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now I'm worried. I'm not a bill Pollan fan at all. He's one of those I won a super bowl so I know what I'm talking about and my way is the only way to do it guys.
Well I'm the opposite.
I worried about the Trubisky pick (and Pace's sanity.)
But I respect Polian a great deal.
I'm all in as a Bears' fan.

@ehb5 I'll trade you my next 2 picks (3rd & 4th) for Trubisky.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However you didn't know when Watson would go, so if you had him for a target and got him, don't kick yourself for not having a crystal ball.:nod:

But if I had taken Williams, Watson or Mahomes would have been there for my next pick. It is what it is now.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 3

1 Shady - Godwin
2 OBX - Stewart
3 EHB - Trubisky
4 @Barilko - OTC
5 TKO
6 BK
7 MIlk
8 Treff
9 Fuzzy
10 Monkey
11 TKO
12 Chef
13 Joe
14 TLance
15 Harold
16 Femurov

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if I had taken Williams, Watson or Mahomes would have been there for my next pick. It is what it is now.

I honestly thought the QB run would happen early in the second round. Just did not materialize that way. Bad luck for you.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly thought the QB run would happen early in the second round. Just did not materialize that way. Bad luck for you.
To be honest, I'm a little surprised anyone drafted a QB other than Watson.
Watson looks like he may get to see the field ahead of the others.
With the impatience some fantasy owners have (wanting results in the CURRENT season), I'm a little surprised the other QB were drafted to ride the pine for 2017.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I'm a little surprised anyone drafted a QB other than Watson.
Watson looks like he may get to see the field ahead of the others.
With the impatience some fantasy owners have (wanting results in the CURRENT season), I'm a little surprised the other QB were drafted to ride the pine for 2017.
Some could end up being drops once byes hit.