• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D. Green apprectiation thread

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow Sports day, but D. Green deserves his own thread.

Doesn't have the flashy nicknames, ( unless you count the ones we gave him "Money" ), doesn't have the fancy commercials, unlikely to win any NBA awards, won't start more than 25 games this year (barring injuries) , but the guy is an NBA baller. 35th pick in the 2nd round, all out steal.

I'd love to have this guy watching my back walking down 6th street here in SF, or even down parts of International in Oaktown.

Must be something about players that come out of Michigan State, Magic, Jrich, Zbo, Scott SKiles, Sam Vincent, to name a few, they are smart, if not very good players. Something in the water up there?

:suds:

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow Sports day, but D. Green deserves his own thread.

Doesn't have the flashy nicknames, ( unless you count the ones we gave him "Money" ), doesn't have the fancy commercials, unlikely to win any NBA awards, won't start more than 25 games this year (barring injuries) , but the guy is an NBA baller. 35th pick in the 2nd round, all out steal.

I'm pretty sure that was me who nicknamed him "So Money" Green. (I could look it up.) Draymond chose to ride with "Money." (Cool, though even I'm not entirely sold on that's where he got it from.) In any case somebody let him know he's "Mr. Intangible" now... unless he really like's "So Money."

P.S. NBKLee :suds:, :scratch: did I do that? ("Money" Green)...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond Green was a steal coming out of college. If he was 2 inches taller he would have been a lottery pick. Green will be in the NBA for 10 years plus. He's the prototypical glue guy. Does whatever it takes to win. Add to that his dedication to the game (losing 20 pounds, improving his handle and jumpshot in the offseason) and he becomes a very integral part of this team.

He reminds me of another Michigan State alum and one of my favorite all time Warriors, Jason Richardson. J-Rich just got better every single year he was with the Warriors. He never got his due with how bad the Warriors were during his tenure. Draymond is really representative of what the Warriors are all about these days.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JO was a savior off the bench tonight, but Dubs don't win it without Green's timely defense, aggressiveness, and overall basketball IQ tonight.

Biggest come back win in a long time. Raptors looked like deers with moonbeams flashing into their eyes.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump, MT2 thinks Green should be starting, I wouldn't go that far, he's already nursing an ankle.

I think Green deserves more minutes though, even when Andre I. gets back

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump, MT2 thinks Green should be starting, I wouldn't go that far, he's already nursing an ankle.

I think Green deserves more minutes though, even when Andre I. gets back

I wouldn't say starting, but I could see a scenario where the Warriors package Lee and Barnes for an upgrade at the 4 and slide Green into the 6th man role

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More minutes, including a start or three. Draymond is the ONLY Warrior who plays hard and smart on a consistent basis, and he can check virtually anyone. Just ask Dirk and Monta.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the classic filler/glue guy. The AC Green type, that plays smart, makes plays when they need to, and gives effort where it's needed. Sometimes, having too much talent on the floor doesn't always translate to better team ball. I think of him as a modern-day Green

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jackson should find a way to insert Draymond into the starting 5 for a game or even until Iguodala comes back, to send a message to the guys that are playing lazy ball in the 1st half (especially the 1st quarter). Maybe they'll wake up a bit.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jackson should find a way to insert Draymond into the starting 5 for a game or even until Iguodala comes back, to send a message to the guys that are playing lazy ball in the 1st half (especially the 1st quarter). Maybe they'll wake up a bit.

The players have to figure it out. Jackson is putting the best players out there, like it or not D.Lee is still better than SPeights or Armstrong. Even when D.Lee isn't hitting his jumper.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players have to figure it out. Jackson is putting the best players out there, like it or not D.Lee is still better than SPeights or Armstrong. Even when D.Lee isn't hitting his jumper.

Agreed, I think I'd slide Barnes back to the bench and put Green in the starting lineup.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's probably moot now, as it appears that Iguodala is going to be back, which will push Barnes to the 6th man role. But I would have been happy to see Green replace Barnes in the starting line-up - and replace Lee in the closing line-up. (I still think the latter should happen.)

I haven't been an advocate of Green's, really thought he was going to be a spot player, but he's earned what he's gotten, and he deserves more. I'm not sure how minutes will be distributed with all of the wings healthy, but I do hope he is able to keep getting 20 minutes or so. Actually, here's roughly how I'd divide minutes up at this point:
Curry 35
Iguodala 35
Thompson 35
Bogut 32
Lee 30
Barnes 28
Green 24
Speights 8 (if he plays as hard as he has the last couple of games)
Armstrong 8 (hopefully can get this from him so that we're not super-small too much)
Douglas 5

EDIT: and my typical "closing 5" would be Curry, Iguodala, Green, Bogut, and whichever of Thompson/Barnes is playing better. This is partly to deter other teams from employing their "Who is Lee guarding?" offensive strategy.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My starting lineup if I was coaching. I would
Use this lineup in the beginning and at crunch time

PG Curry
SG Thompson
SF Igoudala
PF Green
C Bogut

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump.

If Money keeps playing this way, he gets some votes for most improved? I know he doesn't get all the national spotlight, but locally, is there a harder working player $ for $?

23 mins, 6 pts, 9 boards, 4 blks, 2 steals, 2 dimes, and yells louder than any player on the floor or any bench during the games.

HB needs to step his game up, or Green is going to start taking his minutes.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump,

Steph's always going to be the most important Dub here, especially when he drops 44 like its nothing.

But Bogut has to be #2, the pecking order after that is a little cloudly.

We could say its WCW, 20 pts, 10 boards, 3 dimes a night, with his improved defense, or its Klay on nights when he can actually shoot. or Possible AI#9 when he's playing his stellar defense, and passing (needs to shoot more).

But this thread is all about D. Money Green

Can he make it to the NBA 3rd Defensive team without playing 20+ mins a night?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The warriors have given up 93 points a game since the all star break with David lee out and draymond starting mostly. Haven't given up 100 points. Coincidence ?