• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cuts to 53

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see our games going is the Boys will totally dominate time of possession and every game will be close.
Agree. Hoping we can run out clock and not give the other team the ball back at the end of those close games.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas can save 5M by cutting Church and Wilcox, plus both are free agents after this season. Let them go.
Too late now. Who are you going to replace them with and what are you going to do with the $5M?
We need Church. I think he has a good year because he will play a lot more in the box and we will be single high with Jones. This will allow Church to do what he is better at and minimize what he is not good at. You can't totally hide a safety in space or in coverage, but you can do your best to use him in spots where his isn't exposed as much.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too late now. Who are you going to replace them with and what are you going to do with the $5M?
We need Church. I think he has a good year because he will play a lot more in the box and we will be single high with Jones. This will allow Church to do what he is better at and minimize what he is not good at. You can't totally hide a safety in space or in coverage, but you can do your best to use him in spots where his isn't exposed as much.
I hope your right about Church.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope your right about Church.
He has always been an in the box safety. Sometimes this team tries to fit square pegs in round holes. Having him at SS and Wilcox at FS was stupid from the beginning and I think most could see it wouldn't work. Neither is any good deep and both are best near the line and this team often put them both deep. Either paired with a true free safety (hopefully that's Jones) will do better. But by no means am I saying Church will be great, just better than he has been. I said for a few years if we played Church according to his skill set he would do better. Now it's time to see if that is correct or not. If he doesn't play well this year I think we probably move on.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally getting around to taking a look at the roster. They're keeping 6 backs, and that's not including McFadden. Think they want to run the ball this year?

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea what's going on with Romo, if he's out 8/10 week's he should be ir'd, maybe he's closer to playing than the talking heads think.

There's some speculation Romo's trying to convince them not to put him on IR in case he feels well enough to come back early. Some are speculating Garrett might be supporting him as well. Even more rumors suggest we get the final word tomorrow. Who knows if that's all accurate, but based on the data we have, I'd say placing him on the IR seems to be the most logical decision.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tapper has a broken back
saw that. Just never got the gut feeling about him or Collins helping this year, but I seldom get the same year one expectations most seem to get. Nothing wrong with it of course as it just takes time in the NFL and when injuries are involved it's even tougher year 1. We better hope someone steps up on the DL

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tapper has a broken back
I was wondering what the hell was up with him. This team just cant catch a break as far as these injuries go.

I had high expectations for Tapper and I still think he can help later in the season. I have the same thoughts on Collins. If they recover I see them both being steals.

This defense really has a good chance to suck ass this season because of the injuries and suspensions. If the offense struggles we are looking at another top 5 pick.

I also find myself laughing at Dallas Cowboys.com for saying that Clayburn is going to have a break out season. I hear this every season, and he stinks every season.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has always been an in the box safety. Sometimes this team tries to fit square pegs in round holes. Having him at SS and Wilcox at FS was stupid from the beginning and I think most could see it wouldn't work. Neither is any good deep and both are best near the line and this team often put them both deep. Either paired with a true free safety (hopefully that's Jones) will do better. But by no means am I saying Church will be great, just better than he has been. I said for a few years if we played Church according to his skill set he would do better. Now it's time to see if that is correct or not. If he doesn't play well this year I think we probably move on.

When Wilcox was drafted I said he looked more like a linebacker than a safety. I honestly dont think he could play linebacker either. He is just not an NFL talent and I have no idea why he is still on the roster. He is a bust.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Wilcox was drafted I said he looked more like a linebacker than a safety. I honestly dont think he could play linebacker either. He is just not an NFL talent and I have no idea why he is still on the roster. He is a bust.
I had high hopes for Wilcox. He was as green as could be. I thought he showed some ball skills and tackling ability for a young kid and would progress over a couple of years and become a player for us. Sadly he never put it together. Bad angles, confusion on what to do and who to cover, going for the kill shot and mental mistakes seemed to define him more than you would like in safety. too bad. Maybe some day it clicks for him, like a golfer that suddenly realizes it's better to be in the fairway than hit the "Wow" drive that more often than not finds trouble...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in high hopes #30, A. Brown pushes himself on the field in every nickel situation, and with health...all three back up safeties just run down on kicks. Anthony Brown has gotta come up big for this defense in my not so humble opinion

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read a lot of good on Brown. Hopefully you are right. I didn't really focus on him much in preseason games. Would be great for this team if he stepped up

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our DEs for Sunday are expected to be J Crawford, Irving and Mayowa. 3 guys that I think we all are thinking could become players. But when you realize those are our only DEs playing (Wilbur probably helps out) it makes you wonder if there is a worse group in the league. I'd get T Crawford some snaps there and then use the others in a rotation. Who knows, maybe one or more steps up. The Giants don't have a good OL so if they are going to make plays this should be the week.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought JJ paid Alabamas line to stay in town for the Giant game.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

who else is there?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-8 with this defense.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think most of our pressure will be from in the middle and blitzes from lee/scandrick. Our ends don't look to be too scary, at least until week 4 when we get Lawrence and maybe Gregory back.