• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cutler broken thumb, needs surgery

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
out for season per NFL network

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's out for the regular season. He should be back for the playoffs. Considering we likely only need to go 3-3 with a schedule that features Oakland, KC, Denver, Seattle, and Minnesota, I think it is very likely we still make it. We are a much worse team without Jay, but we are still better than all of those teams.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Crap. I was hoping Chicago could deal the Packers a loss.

Packers are prime for a loss.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers getting some help. Fuck that.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Packers have two games against Detroit, @NYG and Oakland.

Oakland could be a trap game for them. Oak D won't scare them, but Oak offense could run and pass all over the Pack now.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's out for the regular season. He should be back for the playoffs. Considering we likely only need to go 3-3 with a schedule that features Oakland, KC, Denver, Seattle, and Minnesota, I think it is very likely we still make it. We are a much worse team without Jay, but we are still better than all of those teams.

How do you figure 3 and 3 gets you in?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough break for the Bears, if they actually make the playoffs I'd be really impressed with that team. Anything is possible, but that seems like a longshot from the outside looking in.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the season is over for the bears,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you figure 3 and 3 gets you in?

The Bears would be 10-6. Detroit will probably go 9-7, so we'd beat them. That leaves us competing with Atlanta and 2nd place of Dallas/NY. We have the head to head over Atlanta, and NY has a brutal schedule. In order for us to miss the playoffs, two of the following would have to happen:

- Atlanta finishes 5-1 to go 11-5.

- Detroit finishes 3-3 to go 10-6.

- NY/Dallas 2nd place team goes 4-2 to go 10-6.

I think all three of those are really unlikely. Two of those happening would be pretty shocking.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Bears would be 10-6. Detroit will probably go 9-7, so we'd beat them. That leaves us competing with Atlanta and 2nd place of Dallas/NY. We have the head to head over Atlanta, and NY has a brutal schedule. In order for us to miss the playoffs, two of the following would have to happen:

I think all three of those are really unlikely. Two of those happening would be pretty shocking.

LOL! ....."Dream on, dream on, dream on till your dream comes true....."

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! ....."Dream on, dream on, dream on till your dream comes true....."

Detroit has two games against Green Bay (almost guaranteed losses) and a game @ New Orleans (almost a guaranteed loss). Their other three games are home against Minnesota and San Diego along with a road game at Oakland. After seeing Detroit the last two weeks, do you really think they'll win all three of those?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart, at least you won't have to wait long to see if your best case scenario happens. The Packers secondary isn't that good, and I don't see how they can contain Megatron if they've been struggling with lesser WRs all season.

Plus, if Stafford has another 4-5 TD game in him... Green Bay is going down on Turkey Day.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Detroit has two games against Green Bay (almost guaranteed losses) and a game @ New Orleans (almost a guaranteed loss). Their other three games are home against Minnesota and San Diego along with a road game at Oakland. After seeing Detroit the last two weeks, do you really think they'll win all three of those?

Maybe your dream will come true.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart, at least you won't have to wait long to see if your best case scenario happens. The Packers secondary isn't that good, and I don't see how they can contain Megatron if they've been struggling with lesser WRs all season.

Plus, if Stafford has another 4-5 TD game in him... Green Bay is going down on Turkey Day.

Green Bay is a high risk-high reward defense. Matt Stafford is a QB that plays high risk-high reward offense. The result is going to be some long TDs, but also some INTs. Against Rodgers and company, you can't afford any mistakes. I wish I was wrong, but Green Bay is too good for Detroit.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice how you "forgot" to mention the other opponent, that 4 of your remaining 6 are away from Soldier Field, and that you have no CLUE if your backup QB is any good or not.

I mean, SERIOUSLY, Caleb Hanie???

Really? And you're assuming 3-3 and that 10-6 gets you in. I could easily see you guys getting eliminated by the Viqueens on New Year's Day.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Detroit finishing 3-3 is "unlikely" at all. They've got 2 home gimmies (MIN and SD) and only need to win one of the other four games.

OTOH, Caleb Hanie has to lead duhbears to a 3-3 record with 4 of 6 on the road.

Caleb fucking Hanie.

Good luck with that.