• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cut Down day part 1

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we will hear some cuts in the next few hours. I don't expect anyone surprising, but I would have thought Wilson wouldn't have been cut already, so who knows.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tricky cut because we have to play Thursday. We have to get through that game so we may not cut the most obvious right now. Which surprises me about WIlson even more. We are so thin at DE, I would have thought they would have kept him just to get through the game.

I'm watching the rams hard. Their last dline spot is supposedly between SAm and a guy named WEstbrooks. Sam has played really well, but the other guy has been all over the place. I'm hoping they cut him. He is from one of the smaller Texas schools. Character issues however

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested on seeing what the 49ers do with their inside backers. I don't think they can keep both Borland and Skov on the 53. Either guy would probably be able to make our team at MLB, even possibly start.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested on seeing what the 49ers do with their inside backers. I don't think they can keep both Borland and Skov on the 53. Either guy would probably be able to make our team at MLB, even possibly start.

I would have to refrain from jerking off on the spot if we were to land Borland

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Johnson finally is cut. Boyd also.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skov's knee cost him in the draft, but he is built more for the 34 ILB. I can't know who has played better in the camps and preseason, but by the predraft reports, their grades were very similar. I've seen more of Borland, and I can't fathom him getting cut. I'm not picky, I'll take either. I just hope they don't pull some BS IR more on Skov if he bumps into the training table.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. Started thinking the other day why wasn't he targeted much in preseason games. My only explanation was they didn't want him showcased.

I dont think they would purposely not target him and then cut him in an attempt to sneak him onto the practice squad. Even though he was my pick for the 6th WR spot its not like he really separated himself at any point. Why cut him now and give teams more of a chance to think about him and bring him in and make decision on him if you really just want him youself? I would think most guys that we put on the practice squad would be in the last cut, not this one. That being said I wanted Boyd all along and was disappointed to see him cut already and hope he does end up on the PS.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think they would purposely not target him and then cut him in an attempt to sneak him onto the practice squad. Even though he was my pick for the 6th WR spot its not like he really separated himself at any point. Why cut him now and give teams more of a chance to think about him and bring him in and make decision on him if you really just want him youself? I would think most guys that we put on the practice squad would be in the last cut, not this one. That being said I wanted Boyd all along and was disappointed to see him cut already and hope he does end up on the PS.

I honestly have no answer. I just know that he looked good in practice then was a big no show in the three games thus far. I only remember seeing one ball thrown his way in game two and it was uncatchable. I had him as a FA steal, so maybe I'm being biased.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too had him as a FA steal. Liked Washington's potential to develop on the practice squad too and he's been gone a month.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too had him as a FA steal. Liked Washington's potential to develop on the practice squad too and he's been gone a month.

I guess we are not the same at judging talent as Cowboy coaches are.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for the first time in awhile the boys actually have some extra talent at WR besides DEZ.

Boyd got caught up in a numbers game and being out of football for a yr did not help hopefully he will make it to the practice squad and make the team next year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for the first time in awhile the boys actually have some extra talent at WR besides DEZ.

Boyd got caught up in a numbers game and being out of football for a yr did not help hopefully he will make it to the practice squad and make the team next year.

Or we are all just over rating these guys...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skov was the 49er's castoff. He can fill an early down Mike roll.

Was Skov released? I figured Borland would beat him out. I'd be all about adding Skov, he's be a special teams demon while learning the scheme