• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: "Cuse @ Clemson - ABC - now

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bet Kelly Bryant is wishing he wasn't such a little bitch right about now. he'd be starting the rest of the year with Lawrence already out.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone below you would have to have a major day to move up. You all should be safely at least in top 4, if not still 3. Ohio State is the only team that even could leap frog, and that would depend on how big their day is. LSU isn't playing a ranked opponent, Oklahoma also isn't playing a ranked team and have been shaky themselves and then Stanford and ND face off, but are too low now to move up that far even if one looks crazy good.

Clemson doesn't look like a top 3 team, but no one is going to knock them out of the top 4.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You husky fans subconsciously act like this any time your team is in the top 25.
Yeah, I've been bitching about the same shit every year since it was the Pac8. I still brought up the same things the season the huskies went 0-12. So no, that isn't true.

Most people accept the poll system is a popularity contest and not an actual ranking of best to worst teams. They accept that whether the team they root for is high up or not in that system at all.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm concerned about @Edisto_Tiger
I'm fine now. I broke a lot of shit though! My wife ran me out the house. My neighbor ran me out of his garage. My daughter said I was too angry. I made my son cry. I scared the shit out of the dog, she wouldn't come back in the house. But, we got the win with a 3rd string QB. I'll be ok until next week!! 5 and 0 baby!!

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Edisto_Tiger

ET....great f'n game dude. Nothing but respect for your boys. Keep it rolling.
Fucking great game! Dino Babers scares the fuck out of me! I want to hire him, to do anything, I don't care, he can be the slide manager! I just don't want to face his teams anymore!!

Reactions: DJ

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says a lot about your team when they can get a W despite playing a C- game, having to depend on what was the 4th string QB coming out of spring ball, losing a starting CB when your top backup was suspended, and losing your starting guard.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoooooo!! Heading back to the neighbors to finish off this buzz!!

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says a lot about your team when they can get a W despite playing a C- game, having to depend on what was the 4th string QB coming out of spring ball, losing a starting CB when your top backup was suspended, and losing your starting guard.

For sure the better team won. SU needs to catch up on the recruiting. In the end it it just came down to power football.

Babers Is taking us the right direction so I'm good.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the way they did him??

Yes. Bryant should be the starter and should've been the starter since game 1. No real reason to give the starting job to Lawrence unless something was going on behind the scenes.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure the better team won. SU needs to catch up on the recruiting. In the end it it just came down to power football.

Babers Is taking us the right direction so I'm good.

He's taking you in the right direction? You mean staying at 4-8?

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Bryant should be the starter and should've been the starter since game 1. No real reason to give the starting job to Lawrence unless something was going on behind the scenes.

I'm going to disagree here. There are no participation trophies at this level. It's about winning and Trevor Lawrence put more TD's on the board than Kelly. Kelly had the starting role for the first four games. He had ample time to earn and maintain that spot, but he got beat out by a better QB. And even though he wasn't going to be the starter this week, he would have still seen plenty of playing time. They were going to continue using both QB's. It's not like he was going to be riding the pine until garbage time. He was still going to play in each and every game. Anyway, here's why he lost the starting role:

Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 11.01.08 AM.png

9 TD's vs. 2.

And to be fair KB did have 2 rushing TD's as well.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to disagree here. There are no participation trophies at this level. It's about winning and Trevor Lawrence put more TD's on the board than Kelly. Kelly had the starting role for the first four games. He had ample time to earn and maintain that spot, but he got beat out by a better QB. And even though he wasn't going to be the starter this week, he would have still seen plenty of playing time. They were going to continue using both QB's. It's not like he was going to be riding the pine until garbage time. He was still going to play in each and every game. Anyway, here's why he lost the starting role:

View attachment 187884

9 TD's vs. 2.

And to be fair KB did have 2 rushing TD's as well.

IDK, it wasn't like Bryant wasn't playing well. I get Lawrence put up more TDs, but it wasn't like the team was struggling with KB in the game. KB is more accurate, makes less mistakes and he's a dual threat with his legs, which Lawrence is not. He also played better against A&M than Lawrence did, in my opinion. Plus, now you run into the problem that Lawrence is hurt, in concussion protocol, and you really have noone. Struggled against A&M but you blow out the guys you're supposed to blow out while playing both Lawrence and KB. My thoughts are that things were working fine the way they were. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's taking you in the right direction? You mean staying at 4-8?
Ya got the chores done and your mother is letting you have some computer time.

It's good she lets you experiment the big world

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Other than Lawrence outperforming him both in the Spring and in the games? Just roll with the older guy because he's older, don't start your best option?