• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Curts Modkins, WTF??

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it with these chumps they are forced to hire? How come no decent coordinators will work for the 49ers

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it with these chumps they are forced to hire? How come no decent coordinators will work for the 49ers

LOL, Chip Kelly is the de facto offensive coordinator and calls his own plays. It isn't going to be a critical position for the 49ers now. The DC position is going to be much more important

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, Chip Kelly is the de facto offensive coordinator and calls his own plays. It isn't going to be a critical position for the 49ers now. The DC position is going to be much more important

I know nothing of Curts Modkins...but Patterson is right...this position has sort of a puppety feel to it...like does he fill in if Chip has to take a squeege during the game? The DC position is the big elephant in the room...as well as the most important elephant at this point...it'll be interesting to see what happens here. Still bummed that we missed out on Vrabel...I think he would have done nicely.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know nothing of Curts Modkins...but Patterson is right...this position has sort of a puppety feel to it...like does he fill in if Chip has to take a squeege during the game? The DC position is the big elephant in the room...as well as the most important elephant at this point...it'll be interesting to see what happens here. Still bummed that we missed out on Vrabel...I think he would have done nicely.

I am sure he will be working with Chip on things, but the OC position is less important now than it has been in many years. Even though Harbaugh was an offensive minded coach, he wasn't much of a strategist. He delegated a lot of that responsibility to his coordinator and coaches.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure he will be working with Chip on things, but the OC position is less important now than it has been in many years. Even though Harbaugh was an offensive minded coach, he wasn't much of a strategist. He delegated a lot of that responsibility to his coordinator and coaches.

Yea...three of them...who would each call a play, then he would choose one, and then...whoops delay of game...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They hired him because of his run schemes. Chip Kelly will run the offense.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No good OC in their right mind would come here knowing Kelly will be calling the plays. Kelly himself said it.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Way more important to the bolded. Chippers offense works = fast plays and quick scores. Doesn't work = three quick downs. In short, any DC will have to plan for being on the field for most of the game. That is a hard sell for any team let alone one with very little talent on offense to pull it off and not much talent left on D to make it work. Did they trade Bowman yet? Chip doesn't like actual talent on his team.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way more important to the bolded. Chippers offense works = fast plays and quick scores. Doesn't work = three quick downs. In short, any DC will have to plan for being on the field for most of the game. That is a hard sell for any team let alone one with very little talent on offense to pull it off and not much talent left on D to make it work. Did they trade Bowman yet? Chip doesn't like actual talent on his team.

Chip took over personnel control in Philly. He isn't going to have that control here nor will he ever. It will be interesting to see how the offense goes. Everyone is assuming that the team is going to try and run that fast paced office all the time but we really don't know what the plan is. They could put the brakes on that a bit.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip took over personnel control in Philly. He isn't going to have that control here nor will he ever. It will be interesting to see how the offense goes. Everyone is assuming that the team is going to try and run that fast paced office all the time but we really don't know what the plan is. They could put the brakes on that a bit.
Interesting. So Chipper changes his ways in Santa Clara?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. So Chipper chages his ways in Santa Clara?

IDK. No one knows at this point what the offense is going to look like except the posters on the General Board. They have it all figured out already, lol. Pozz posted about this. He doesn't believe the offense is going to be a carbon copy of what was run in Philly and believes there could be changes. We will see.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you hire a chump?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least it will be interesting.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ware still has some left in the tank.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you hire a chump?
Not sure what you are expecting. A big name OC is going to take on a limited role. Sherman Lewis might have been considered a chump back in the day but it didn't matter with Walsh and Holmgren over him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England has no running game and no faith to even make a yard. Denver rushers can just pin their ears back

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you are expecting. A big name OC is going to take on a limited role. Sherman Lewis might have been considered a chump back in the day but it didn't matter with Walsh and Holmgren over him.
Someone with experience as an OC, say at least one game?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England has no running game and no faith to even make a yard. Denver rushers can just pin their ears back
I'll bet Bellichick is kicking himself now for not taking those two chip shot field goals in the 4th quarter and instead going for it on 4th down. You rarely see Belichick bungle a game this badly.