• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Curtis Marsh Appreciation Thread

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
waived today to make room for TJ Ward.

(Unrelated note - Jake Long signed with Falcons. So there is that.)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So long Curtis Marsh - you got to be a Denver Broncos for at least one week in the regular season - life is good for you - from now on.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is on the roster week 1 does that mean his entire contract is guaranteed? I can't quite remember. Anyway I was hoping this would be the move instead of cutting Josh Bush who I think offers more as a player on both special teams and as a player on the field (he actually played some decent snaps this past week). When you throw in the injuries to Darian Stewart, Bruton, and Bolden we definitely need the safety depth.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the best Curtis Marsh to ever suit up as a Denver Bronco

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is on the roster week 1 does that mean his entire contract is guaranteed? I can't quite remember. Anyway I was hoping this would be the move instead of cutting Josh Bush who I think offers more as a player on both special teams and as a player on the field (he actually played some decent snaps this past week). When you throw in the injuries to Darian Stewart, Bruton, and Bolden we definitely need the safety depth.

Yes it is. He makes out well even if he doesn't set foot on the field this year.

I could see us signing him if an injury occurs or needing a DB in a pinch situation.

Reason why Marsh was kept instead of Tony Carter for week 1 was due ot hte guranteed contract. Actually somewhat surprised we just didn't cut down to 52 before week 1.

I kinda like Josh Bush. He isn't a David Bruton but he is a guy who if you have to role with him he has that experience and can play. He is a nice S to have a 4th guy. Played well for the Jets in a backup role for a few years came on to our roster last year after injuries, got a pick in mop up duty vs the Raiders. Saw the field some the other day... Has the experience to come in if needed and play and understands the game. Sorta like a Mike Adams just not as good. Nothing fancy but gets the job done and knows where he has to be on the field.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is. He makes out well even if he doesn't set foot on the field this year.

I could see us signing him if an injury occurs or needing a DB in a pinch situation.

Reason why Marsh was kept instead of Tony Carter for week 1 was due ot hte guranteed contract. Actually somewhat surprised we just didn't cut down to 52 before week 1.

I kinda like Josh Bush. He isn't a David Bruton but he is a guy who if you have to role with him he has that experience and can play. He is a nice S to have a 4th guy. Played well for the Jets in a backup role for a few years came on to our roster last year after injuries, got a pick in mop up duty vs the Raiders. Saw the field some the other day... Has the experience to come in if needed and play and understands the game. Sorta like a Mike Adams just not as good. Nothing fancy but gets the job done and knows where he has to be on the field.

That is exactly what I am thinking as well. Thanks for clarifying on the guaranteed contract part. I thought that was how it worked but just wasn't quite sure for the bottom of the roster guys. I'm glad they kept Josh Bush as well over that of Marsh. He offers more on the field in experience and actual production. He would definitely be the weak link on the defense if he were asked to play significant snaps but I wouldn't worry about him looking like a completely out of place guy on the field.

So say we stay healthy from here to week 4 who do you think they cut to get Wolfe back on the roster?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a very good and tough question. :)

We have 6 WR's obviously we don't cut the 4 ahead of Latimer, and we don't want to cut Latimer at this stage as we are being patient with him. Is Bennie Fowler possible with the thought we would re-sign him to the PS?

I suppose if Aununkie (spelling) his knee isn't right do we place him on IR a 2nd year?

McCray was inactive this week... Doubt we cut another LB with the 3-4 we need quite a few... Especially since he fits that scheme so well even despite not really sticking out in preseason for the first time.

Might be a hard cut without any injuries.

Fowler was active and played special teams. McCray would probably end up getting picked up by someone is my guess by that time of the season as depth/special teams guy. Fowler probably makes it back to our PS.

I personally don't want to cut anyone. :)

Marsh was a pretty easy cut.. After that it gets tough on us.

The one other thought could be Lorenzo Doss... He isn't playing special teams as where Fowler is. He was inactive... Risk losing him to someone else, but could also be on our PS if he clears waivers. I know with Doss that would leave us just 4 CB's but keep in mind that Bolden is listed as S but also has been better as a CB and could play both.

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate the response Draftcrazy. That is definitely the cut that I am having trouble. I could definitely see them thinking about Anunike if say in the next week he is still struggling to even practice. Our DL is thin as it is so we could go out and sign somebody to take his spot that can actually play while then cutting that person after week 4. I'm hoping though that Anunike is getting close which it sounds like he is as I think he could be a great contributor that nobody expects.

McCray is a guy that honestly I am just ready to move on from. I know the guy has talent but we are so deep at OLB right now that I could see even see us trying to trade him and see what we can get since so many teams have such a need for pass rusher. I know his value is pretty low since he is injured but see what we can get otherwise move on.

Lorenzo Doss is a guy I really hope we don't try to sneak through. I think this kid with a year under his belt could really be a nice contributor. He has big play making ability and I could see him after this year really competing for some decent playing time.

Now if I was speaking of what I hoped would happen but never will I honestly would hope for Caldwell to be the guy. With his contract now being fully guaranteed and him being a reliable back up I can't see that being the case though.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah as about the biggest McCray fan when we signed him (Don't call me a homer Gator fan) I just didn't see it in PS with him this year like he showed the last two. He didn't really make an impact last year either and Todd Davis came in ahead of him when we needed one of our depth LB to step up last year. Barrett and Nelson are now both ahead of him... The 3-4 system you always want to have that extra LB or two and that is the only thing stopping me right now from saying it may not be him. But I wouldn't be surprised as he would be in my top 3 guesses right now. As much as I raved about the guy when we signed him and he impressed his first two camps here he really hasn't done enough last year during the season when given the chance or this PS to tell me hey we can't cut this guy which is the way I felt before. He really didn't stand out on special teams last year and to me if you're gonna be a reserve LB unless you are a starter waiting in the wings you better bring it on special teams to stick around.

and really the 3-4 should be the perfect system for McCray. He moved back and fourth between LB and finally to DE just to get him on the field at UF where he found a role.