• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cueto

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anybody thinks JC is going to just jump back into the rotation, think again.
He's going to be out for the foreseeable future and he hasn't even started throwing, let alone planning a rehab.

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect him back for the rest of the season, honestly. I don't think he's recovered yet or even all that close to being recovered. Plus, he really has to figure out a different throwing motion before he gets back in the rotation. The "Tiant twist" is more like the "Tiant tear your oblique....over and over and over again..."

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even sure they KNOW what the real problem is. They are SO quiet about it all, it makes me suspicious it may be something more...or maybe they're just being cautious ? When was the last time that happened ?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, be suspended with or without pay.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While having your best starting pitcher is absolutely a plus, I don't think the Reds necessarily NEED him at this point.

They have 5 solid to very good starters without him. I mean, do you ever go into a game thinking we have no chance to win because of that particular day's starting pitcher?

I don't.

Getting Broxton and Marshall back into the pen is more important than getting Cueto back into the rotation right now IMO.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel real comfortable with Bailey, Arroyo, Leake and Latos -- up to about the 6th inning.
After that, I begin to hope the bullpen has what it takes. Cingrani will be a great pitcher someday if he can keep his pitch count under control.

Yeah, Cueto ... I haven't really missed him as much as I miss the hitting.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of bullpens, can't Simon just get out of an inning?

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel real comfortable with Bailey, Arroyo, Leake and Latos -- up to about the 6th inning.
After that, I begin to hope the bullpen has what it takes. Cingrani will be a great pitcher someday if he can keep his pitch count under control.

Yeah, Cueto ... I haven't really missed him as much as I miss the hitting.

Yeah, and that's why I think it's more important to get at least Broxton back in the pen...more so than getting Cueto back into the rotation.

You can pretty much count on getting 6 quality innings from everybody in the rotation most outings. Get Broxton back in there with Chapman for the 8th and 9th, with the way Hoover and Parra have been throwing the ball the last 2 months, and that's a winning formula.

As far as the hitting, well...at least they're hitting tonight! Jacoby's a genius.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of bullpens, can't Simon just get out of an inning?

The less we see of Simon, LeCure, and whatever shit sandwich of Ondrusek/Villareal/some other scrub...the better.

And I didn't realize Broxton was already back. Guess we're about to see what he has.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've liked LeCure most of the time. Lately, the league seems to have caught up.
Simon just seems to lose focus.
Ondrusek ... maybe we can trade him for another left fielder.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broxton threw 94-98 tonight. Gave up 1 hit, but looked confident and dominant. He's a guy they need, and as is Marshall, if he's back to full capacity. I agree w/ Kate's assumption...A month of good work by Parra is pushing his envelope already. They need another lefty, and Parra ain't it in crunch time.

Until Cueto is back in SEVERAL consecutive quality starts, no way I trust him in a must win game. All the SP have done pretty well, but all of them can get pummeled at times too. I wouldn't argue that Cingrani is the least trustworthy of SP in a big game, but he's also the only LHSP. Gotta work him into a playoff if you want to win one, and THAT won't happen, because it requires Dusty to stick his neck out too far, IMO.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will offer this scenario ... alleging the Reds stay in 3rd or maybe get to 2nd.
If it's a home game, I use Latos to open a 1-and-done.
If it's a road game, anybody will work but I prefer Bailey.
But it depends on how the pitching has to go that last week, which is against the Parrots and the Birds.
There really is no way you CAN'T use Cingrani. If it's a wild card play-in game, there's no time to set a rotation. Even if you know you're in post-season, this thing is going to come down to the last weekend, almost for sure.

BUT ... putting Cueto into that mix means he better start pitching off a mound fairly soon.
Time ain't gonna wait on him.