• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cubs Leftover

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this is the last year the Cubs are sellers, but you've got to love how Theo and Jed have handled the trade deadline the last two years. Hear me out when I say Cub fans are spoiled to have such a great management team. We gonna build something special in a few years.

Here are some candidates to be dealt at this month's waiver deadline:

Darwin Barney - A Gold Glove second baseman if you could tolerate his bat. Even Dale Sveum may be growing frustrated with him, as Barney was benched for a couple days recently. But, his defense is great, and a change of scenery could be what the doctor ordered for him. Can play three infield positions, and I've always said he'd be a better fit as a utility man on a contender.

David DeJesus - With Schierholtz staying, he's likely to go. Has a $6.5 million team option for next season that won't be picked up. Probably the most disciplined hitter on the Cubs, though his OBP this year has been dragged down by a mediocre average. Still slugging a solid .447 and an ideal 4th outfielder on a contender.

Matt Guerrier - He was the guy we had to take back in order to dump Marmol's salary on the Dodgers. He's been effective since coming over to the Cubs. Not a big strikeout guy but he's a veteran-saavy reliever that should do well on a contender.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Barney for the Tigers.. good late inning defensive replacements can become important.. especially on teams not known for good infield defense on an overall basis.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Borbon placed on waivers.