• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CS's Top 10 Power Forwards for the upcoming season

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 Power Forwards this season, based on production and value to their team.

1) Anthony Davis
2) Blake Griffin
3) LaMarcus Aldrige
4) Karl Anthony Towns
5) Draymond Green
6) Giannis Antetokounmpo
7) Chris Bosh*
8) Paul Millsap
9) Derrick Favors
10) Dirk Nowitzki

Just missed: Kevin Love, Ben Simmons, Tobias Harris, Zach Randolph
*Assumes Bosh is healthy and given the green light to play. If not, take him off, bump everyone up a spot and Kevin Love takes 10th spot.

Anthony Davis should return to form this year if he's healthy. When he's healthy he's still an all world talent capable of dominating the game in multiple ways on both offense and defense. Blake if he's healthy I see a big comeback year for him. LaMarcus will have to shoulder a much bigger load now with Timmy out and it'll be interesting to see how he meshes with Pau, who both have similar face up games. It's also why I have Blake rated slightly ahead of Aldridge.

KAT goes #4 for me because even though the Twolves are still in development, his numbers will be too great to ignore. Draymond goes 5 for me because I think he takes a backseat to the new guy and is more relied upon to be a facilitator and dirty work player than ever before. Giannis is going to have a big year. Bosh, IF he's healthy, could be in for a monster year numbers wise with the departure of Wade. Millsap is always consistent with his play and is easily up there. Favors goes for me at 9 because he's going to be the major beneficiary of having George Hill. Favors has a real nice mid-range game that hasn't been shown much because he didn't have a PG who could run the P&R properly with him. Lastly Dirk rounds out the top 10, because after getting his cash out, you know he's still going to be the focal point of the offense and his shooting will never fade.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Anthony Davis
2) Blake Griffin
3) LaMarcus Aldrige
4) Karl Anthony Towns
5) Draymond Green
6) Giannis Antetokounmpo
7) Chris Bosh*
8) Paul Millsap
9) Derrick Favors
10) Dirk Nowitzki

*Assumes Bosh is healthy and given the green light to play. If not, take him off, bump everyone up a spot and Kevin Love takes 10th spot.

Anthony Davis should return to form this year if he's healthy. When he's healthy he's still an all world talent capable of dominating the game in multiple ways on both offense and defense. Blake if he's healthy I see a big comeback year for him. LaMarcus will have to shoulder a much bigger load now with Timmy out and it'll be interesting to see how he meshes with Pau, who both have similar face up games. It's also why I have Blake rated slightly ahead of Aldridge.

KAT goes #4 for me because even though the Twolves are still in development, his numbers will be too great to ignore. Draymond goes 5 for me because I think he takes a backseat to the new guy and is more relied upon to be a facilitator and dirty work player than ever before. Giannis is going to have a big year. Bosh, IF he's healthy, could be in for a monster year numbers wise with the departure of Wade. Millsap is always consistent with his play and is easily up there. Favors goes for me at 9 because he's going to be the major beneficiary of having George Hill. Favors has a real nice mid-range game that hasn't been shown much because he didn't have a PG who could run the P&R properly with him. Lastly Dirk rounds out the top 10, because after getting his cash out, you know he's still going to be the focal point of the offense and his shooting will never fade.
man....apparently going for 16, 10, 2.5 and winning a championship aint what it used to be.....

based on THIS season?

1. Blake Griffin
2. Anthony Davis
3. Draymond Green
4. Kevin Love
5. LaMarcus Aldridge
6. Paul Milsap
7. KAT
8. Dirk
9. Porzingis
10. Giannis

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man....apparently going for 16, 10, 2.5 and winning a championship aint what it used to be.....

based on THIS season?

1. Blake Griffin
2. Anthony Davis
3. Draymond Green
4. Kevin Love
5. LaMarcus Aldridge
6. Paul Milsap
7. KAT
8. Dirk
9. Porzingis
10. Giannis

Can you stop being such a blind homer for a change and realise not all of the cavs players are the best at their position!

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

based on THIS season?

1. Blake Griffin
2. Anthony Davis
3. Draymond Green
4. Kevin Love
5. LaMarcus Aldridge
6. Paul Milsap
7. KAT
8. Dirk
9. Porzingis
10. Giannis

Man, I don't know where to start with this list. I'll just avoid the Kevin Love situation because a discussion on that will clearly get us nowhere.

But curious, why do you think Porzingas will have a superior season to say Favors? Any concerns about him even being able to touch the ball with Melo and Rose dominating it 95% of the time? I have a feeling he's going to be relegated a lot to being a spot up 3 point shooter and his talents won't be utilized fully to be productive enough to warrant a top 10 spot. Also curious why you think Giannis is lower than Dirk here.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Anthony Davis
2) Blake Griffin
3) LaMarcus Aldrige
4) Karl Anthony Towns
5) Draymond Green
6) Giannis Antetokounmpo
7) Chris Bosh*
8) Paul Millsap
9) Derrick Favors
10) Dirk Nowitzki

I would not have KAT on the list as he plays most of his minutes at Center. I could Also see Aldridge being 1 or 2 with Duncan retiring.

1. Anthony Davis
2. Aldridge
3. Blake
4. Green
5. Millsap
6. Giannis
7. Bosh
8. Favors
9. Dirk
10. Love

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not have KAT on the list as he plays most of his minutes at Center. I could Also see Aldridge being 1 or 2 with Duncan retiring.

1. Anthony Davis
2. Aldridge
3. Blake
4. Green
5. Millsap
6. Giannis
7. Bosh
8. Favors
9. Dirk
10. Love

KAT will play a lot of the 4, with Gorgui Dieng taking a lot of minutes at the 5. Especially with Pekovic expected back this year, I think KAT will get the majority of his minutes at the 4.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KAT will play a lot of the 4, with Gorgui Dieng taking a lot of minutes at the 5. Especially with Pekovic expected back this year, I think KAT will get the majority of his minutes at the 4.

If KAT does play the 4 I would have him at Millsap. I can't decide if it should be before or behind.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I don't know where to start with this list. I'll just avoid the Kevin Love situation because a discussion on that will clearly get us nowhere.

But curious, why do you think Porzingas will have a superior season to say Favors? Any concerns about him even being able to touch the ball with Melo and Rose dominating it 95% of the time? I have a feeling he's going to be relegated a lot to being a spot up 3 point shooter and his talents won't be utilized fully to be productive enough to warrant a top 10 spot. Also curious why you think Giannis is lower than Dirk here.
How many guys were practically double double guys in the entire league last year?

Kevin Love was one of them....not only that- but he is also either the best- or right up there- big man shooter/floor stretcher in the game, and is definitely - if not the best- one of the best big men passers in the game. His outlet passes are the thing of legends. One of the best scoring, shooting, passing, rebounding bigs in the game who has proven he can sacrifice to win a title certainly would qualify as one of the best PF in the game in my not so humble opinion. That and the defensive play of his life to save Game 7 of the Finals should quiet down the people who lament his defense.

Giannis- is he a PF? point foward? small forward? point guard?-- its hard for me to categorize that guy as a PF and i would have lefth im off my list completely if not for the high regard I have for him. Id put him at SF- especially since between Monroe and Parker and Henson i dont think hes gonna play much PF.

Porzingis was awesome and extremely versatile last year before he kind of hit the rookie wall. I dont know any big men that combine his passing, shooting, rebounding, rim protection etc...the sky is the limit for this kid- he can do so many things on a basketball court. No way he gets past #2 (after Towns) if that draft was re-done today.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many guys were practically double double guys in the entire league last year?

Kevin Love was one of them....not only that- but he is also either the best- or right up there- big man shooter/floor stretcher in the game, and is definitely - if not the best- one of the best big men passers in the game. His outlet passes are the thing of legends. One of the best scoring, shooting, passing, rebounding bigs in the game who has proven he can sacrifice to win a title certainly would qualify as one of the best PF in the game in my not so humble opinion. That and the defensive play of his life to save Game 7 of the Finals should quiet down the people who lament his defense.

Giannis- is he a PF? point foward? small forward? point guard?-- its hard for me to categorize that guy as a PF and i would have lefth im off my list completely if not for the high regard I have for him. Id put him at SF- especially since between Monroe and Parker and Henson i dont think hes gonna play much PF.

Porzingis was awesome and extremely versatile last year before he kind of hit the rookie wall. I dont know any big men that combine his passing, shooting, rebounding, rim protection etc...the sky is the limit for this kid- he can do so many things on a basketball court. No way he gets past #2 (after Towns) if that draft was re-done today.

Kevin Love is very good, but he's a third option on a great team. That factors into at least my rankings. It may not for you. Again my rankings don't take into account talent, but sheer production and value to their teams. Being a #1 option to a team is much more than being a #3. It's also why I put Draymond down at 5 because while everyone knows his value, it's going to be somewhat diminished this year. He might very well be a walking triple double next year, but being likely the #4 option offensively, knocks him down. Again, not knocking Love's talent or ability, it's based on his value and production this year. Based on that alone, there's no way he's above Aldridge.

Giannis is their PF. Henson will log minutes at PF and backup C, but Jabari is going to take most of the minutes at SF.

Porzingas is talented no doubt, but do you really believe he's going to contribute on a top 10 level for a power forward next year? He's got two ball dominant players in Rose and Melo, who need the ball in their hands. I feel like at best his role this upcoming season will be David Blatt era Kevin Love.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love will always be ranked lower than his offensive stats indicate because
upload_2016-9-8_14-6-39.png

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignore the tool fellas. It would make for a better discussion.

There isn't a logical person who knows basketball in the world who would rank Love as a top 5 PF these days.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignore the tool fellas. It would make for a better discussion.

There isn't a logical person who knows basketball in the world who would rank Love as a top 5 PF these days.
i see...because he is the 3rd option his skills automatically deteriorated. lol.

right bskballer? lol.....ignore her hysterical illogical emotional arguments. It would make for a far better discussion.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love will always be ranked lower than his offensive stats indicate because
View attachment 148083
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

kevin love defense steph curry finals - Yahoo Search Results Yahoo Search Results

look at that D!!!! shuffles those feet like an NFL Corner, makes Curry give up the ball--- Curry gets it back and Love continues to stay in front of him with footwork that would make a Soviet Ballerina jealous until Curry heaves a contested brick!

Now THAT is how you play perimeter defense as a big man....apparently playing with TT rubbed off on him...

Turnstile was closed that day!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see...because he is the 3rd option his skills automatically deteriorated. lol.

right bskballer? lol.....ignore her hysterical illogical emotional arguments. It would make for a far better discussion.

Showed me where I said his skills deteriorated? I'll wait.

Kevin Love is not a top PF in basketball anymore. There's really not much of a debate. The only debate to be had here is if he is a borderline top 10 PF. He's not close to a top 5 PF

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

kevin love defense steph curry finals - Yahoo Search Results Yahoo Search Results

look at that D!!!! shuffles those feet like an NFL Corner, makes Curry give up the ball--- Curry gets it back and Love continues to stay in front of him with footwork that would make a Soviet Ballerina jealous until Curry heaves a contested brick!

Now THAT is how you play perimeter defense as a big man....apparently playing with TT rubbed off on him...

Turnstile was closed that day!

Congrats on finding the video of Kevin Love playing defense........there is no second video. There is a reason the people freaked out over him playing defense on a single play.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love obviously has his defensive issues- not denying that

As far as PF scorers go- top 5 easily, rebounders? top 5 easily, passers? top 5 easily, shooters? top 5 easily, ---- not only that- but to have the mentality to sacrifice and give up some scoring for the betterment of the team is just priceless. I mean- the guy is one of the best shooters/passers/rebounders we have ever seen together in a power forward...its really incredible.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on finding the video of Kevin Love playing defense........there is no second video. There is a reason the people freaked out over him playing defense on a single play.
hey- if you are ever gonna step up your game- doing it in the waning seconds of game 7 of the NBA Finalsto shut down the leagues reigning MVP in his house - and choking him out on the 3 pt line where he had just DESTROYED the previous nba record is the RIGHT TIME TO DO SO. lol.

maybe in addition to being an absolutely elite shooter, passer, rebounder- we can add elite timing to that lista s well? lol.

that was one of the reasons that victory was so special. Every member of the Big 3 made a transcendent play in the waning seconds.

LeBron's block- the defining play of his career

Kyrie's shot- never again in Cleveland will the term "The Shot" invoke Ehlo and MJ

Love's smothering defense- choking out the reigning MVP- making him give up the ball and then brick a 3....

truly truly unbelievable way to do it. Without all three of those guys- the Cavs just dont get it done- it took sacrfice and huge plays all around to pull off the greatest comeback the NBA has ever seen in its existence.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey- if you are ever gonna step up your game- doing it in the waning seconds of game 7 to shut down the leagues reigning MVP in his house - and choking him out on the 3 pt line where he had just DESTROYED the previous nba record is the RIGHT TIME TO DO SO. lol.

maybe in addition to being an absolutely elite shooter, passer, rebounder- we can add elite timing to that lista s well? lol.

Love is one of the all time great massive stats on a terrible team players. On a good team he is Zach Randolph with a jump shot. That is not bad, but it is not top 5.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is one of the all time great massive stats on a terrible team players. On a good team he is Zach Randolph with a jump shot. That is not bad, but it is not top 5.
cmon...."with a jump shot"---- there has never been a PF in the history of basketball that has blended elite outside shooting with elite rebounding like kevin Love has----- combine that with absolute elite passing ability and outlet passes that would make wes unseld shit himself.