• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Crosby Rule" to come???

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He really didn't say anything in that article.

Some face of the NHL. :rolleyes:

He said their needs to be understandable rules regarding hits. Which was suppose to have happened. What did you expect after the league said it was legal?

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
sorry EL even in that article he talks more about the defining of whats a good hit and a bad hit, more the confusion of a matter. he touches on player safety but barely.

and the fact is a blindside HITS to the head rule was put in place after that.

what crosby experienced was not a HIT, he turned into a man who was skating up ice and there was no time to react or get out of the way for either man. it was a collision, not a hit, and you can't punish someone for a collision.

i'm thanking my lucky stars steckel wasn't suspended, that tells me that they aren't punishing everyone if they lay a finger on sid.

That has never been the case as much as most fans want to claim it is. He gets hit plenty without calls, and when this happens and he talks to the officials everyone gets in an uproar over whining. Why would he whine if he got every call? And if he got every call why would he whine. You cant have it both ways...

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has never been the case as much as most fans want to claim it is. He gets hit plenty without calls, and when this happens and he talks to the officials everyone gets in an uproar over whining. Why would he whine if he got every call? And if he got every call why would he whine. You cant have it both ways...

Because that's what it is? Every time Sid hits the ice, he throws his arms in the air like a petulant child and stares down the refs. It's pathetic. This is a man's sport, not the NBA.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Because that's what it is? Every time Sid hits the ice, he throws his arms in the air like a petulant child and stares down the refs. It's pathetic. This is a man's sport, not the NBA.

No orange colored glasses on you is there?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said their needs to be understandable rules regarding hits. Which was suppose to have happened. What did you expect after the league said it was legal?

I honestly expect someone of his caliber to stand up and shout "this shit cannot happen!!!" THEN....and maybe only then will the league wake the fuck up and get their shit together on a policy that actually works.

Everyone (whether we like it not) recognizes that Crosby is what the league has set forth as the face of our favorite sport and if he spoke out, everyone who makes up the rules committee and pays the bills would have no choice but to pay reeeeal close attention and do something.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the probably isn't that he gets every call, it's that he expects to get every call

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I honestly expect someone of his caliber to stand up and shout "this shit cannot happen!!!" THEN....and maybe only then will the league wake the fuck up and get their shit together on a policy that actually works.

Everyone (whether we like it not) recognizes that Crosby is what the league has set forth as the face of our favorite sport and if he spoke out, everyone who makes up the rules committee and pays the bills would have no choice but to pay reeeeal close attention and do something.

Keep in mind he is still pretty young and never asked for all the attention he gets. To heap this type of power on a kid seems like a bit of a stretch which is probably why a guy like Guerrin had more to say. It seems like most people expect more from this kid than any other 23 year old player.

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
come on guys crosby is the face of the nhl show some respect to the best player in the league we should cheerish these moments we have with him.....blah i just puked and shit myself every where with that bull shit

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on guys crosby is the face of the nhl show some respect to the best player in the league we should cheerish these moments we have with him.....blah i just puked and shit myself every where with that bull shit

LMFBO!!! :D

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You may wanna get that checked out...

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

He whines to GET the calls, isnt that obvious? Watch 24/7 you'll see a whole bunch of it.

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sorry but I would love if this injury turned into a Lindros concussion.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sorry but I would love if this injury turned into a Lindros concussion.

that's kinda mean haha

i dont wish life-altering pain on anyone.. i like when he hurts, but i want him to come back so he can get hurt again haha