• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Credit for 49ers Starters

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh and staff deserve credit though for getting the most out of the players that Singletary couldn't.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
no doubt.

On the offensive end it doesn't seem like everyone's being utilized well, but on Fangio's side of the ball just about everyone has gotten better under him. If you read his transcripts from interviews, he never praises a player. I remember when he 1st came on board, he wasn't gushing over Willis, instead he was talking about how Willis could get better at blitzing.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
On the offensive end it doesn't seem like everyone's being utilized well, but on Fangio's side of the ball just about everyone has gotten better under him. If you read his transcripts from interviews, he never praises a player. I remember when he 1st came on board, he wasn't gushing over Willis, instead he was talking about how Willis could get better at blitzing.

yes, the offensive side hasn't risen up like we want, but other than RZ issues it isn't that bad? can't argue they are being used well, but also depends on the degree of "underutilization"? don't think the degree is so bad because our OL is built for the power run so the general scheme leans that way. other than the QB, it starts with the OL.

Gore runs well between the tackles so we lean that way with the run game. Crabtree and Boldin aren't explosive, downfield receivers, so we lean to "possession" type routes. we are using VD's speed downfield, but he is also known to be a good blocker.

Harbaugh and Roman should only 'open up the playbook' as fast as Kaep can handle it. else, you create more potential for turnovers.