• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Craig Rivet To Have Surgery

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivet has a double labrum tear in his left shoulder and will undergo surgery after another consultation with doctors, he told The News and a correspondent from the Olean Times Herald. The recovery time is four to six months, so the defenseman will not be available when the Sabres come to training camp in September for the 2010-11 season.

Rivet suffered the injury Nov. 29, 2008, when he was hit by Montreal's Guillaume Latendresse. He played just three games over the next five weeks in an attempt to heal the injury.

"The whole season I played with a brace that felt like a straitjacket," Rivet said. "I was never Nicklas Lidstrom to begin with, but I think I’m a better player than what I’ve shown. I think just throughout the season the wear and tear on it, the loss of strength, took away from a lot of the things I was able to do.

"I didn’t hurt it more. I didn’t make it worse. But due to wearing the brace, I just lost all the strength. When I came to training camp it was strong. I felt good. I was confident about coming into this season, and obviously it deteriorated pretty quickly once I started to play.

Sabres Edge: Rivet to have shoulder surgery, will miss start of next season

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will need 4-6 months to recover, so he won't be ready at the start of next season.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who invited this guy?

sign_mom.gif

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a similar surgery when i was 19. Its a rough one but I healed ok and I am an unhealthy POS so he should do just fine.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Rivet, I hope it goes as easily as it can for him.

Mintyp69

The one and ONLY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he's ok too, I would just prefer our players to play..well HEALTHY!! stop trying to be superman and get it over with...we have guys waiting in the wings that are untested and we could have brought guys up left and right to try them out and see how they fit, rather than the crap job butler did...I like Sekera too, don;t get me wrong, but since spacek has been gone he hasn't been the same...maybe if we KEEP Tallinder and put him on the line with sekera might make him better, and let's see who we could pair Myers up with...maybe TRY and get jack johnson!?!?!