• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coyotes staying in Phoenix

DerringerEagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Really makes me sick to be honest. I was able to watch the city council vote and what I saw was only 10 loyal Coyote fans listing off a bunch of bs how they have a passionate fanbase. They pointed out how the building was filled this year during the postseason as "proof" how loyal they are. We all know that is clearly a case of bandwagoning which happens in every other non hockey market when the manage to make the playoffs.

What really got me tonight was how they used the 3 home playoff games this year as an example of their "passion" level for hockey, and completely looked past the 14 years this team has bled money and the pitiful attendance figures of the past 5 or 6 years. Real hockey markets don't abandon ship when a team struggles, they stick with them.

At any rate, poor Winnipeg got strung along for nothing now it seems. I only hope that the Coyotes start losing again and when the arena stays empty, it will blow back up in Bettman's face.

Rant over.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Glendale City Council voted unanimously to cover operating losses for the Yotes (capping it at $25 million). Sure wished you would have fought this hard to keep the Jets in Winnipeg, Gary.

DerringerEagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Member of Ice Edge posts that Phoenix deserves this. In what way do they deserve it?

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im really happy to see this. Phoenix has a young team, that should be good for a few years. Their attendance improved steadily for a few years recently. Give this market a chance for once to support a good team.

I know they had a decent playoff team about a decade ago, but that was back when they had a 16,000 seat arena where 1/4 of the seats couldnt even see both goals!

Give the market a chance now. If it cannot sustain a team in the next two or three years, then ship em off.

All in all, good news for the NHL.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really makes me sick to be honest. I was able to watch the city council vote and what I saw was only 10 loyal Coyote fans listing off a bunch of bs how they have a passionate fanbase. They pointed out how the building was filled this year during the postseason as "proof" how loyal they are. We all know that is clearly a case of bandwagoning which happens in every other non hockey market when the manage to make the playoffs.

What really got me tonight was how they used the 3 home playoff games this year as an example of their "passion" level for hockey, and completely looked past the 14 years this team has bled money and the pitiful attendance figures of the past 5 or 6 years. Real hockey markets don't abandon ship when a team struggles, they stick with them.

At any rate, poor Winnipeg got strung along for nothing now it seems. I only hope that the Coyotes start losing again and when the arena stays empty, it will blow back up in Bettman's face.

Rant over.

Overall, I agree with what you are saying DE (which isn't often), but you have to understand the guys that fought to save the Phoenix franchise. You WOULDN'T fight for something you strongly care about? The 5 or 6 guys that you are alluding to probably live, breath and love hockey.

maddogmark25

In the Pot Bunker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Time to curse like a sailor **** **** ***** **** **** ****** ***** :p

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Burns80y

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing that i haven't heard about is how the residents of Glendale feel about their tax dollars going to bailout the Coyotes and pay for their stadium. Bad deal for them.

KindaChang

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The one thing that i haven't heard about is how the residents of Glendale feel about their tax dollars going to bailout the Coyotes and pay for their stadium. Bad deal for them.

I wonder if they get free tickets now that they're investors.