• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cowboys vs Redskins

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't see them getting a #1 but if the Cowboys get into the playoffs that #1 is going to be in the 20's and the player we get isn't going to be close to Fitzpatrick's quality so perhaps it would be more advantageous to the Cowboys to go this route
well to be fair. I cant make too sound of an argument, since I dont know the player.
but my understanding is he doesnt start. Which typically if you use a 1st on a player you kinda want him to be a starter.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well to be fair. I cant make too sound of an argument, since I dont know the player.
but my understanding is he doesnt start. Which typically if you use a 1st on a player you kinda want him to be a starter.
With the quality of the team Miami has who can say what is going thru their heads. Fitzpatrick has been bounced round by them to the point where he wants out so he can show what he is

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is tempting to trade for Fitz. I just dont know if the cowboys want to use a high pick on him. Now he has been very productive although we only have a small sample size. He sure has lots of tackles and passes defended for a guy that does not start. The fact that the Cowboys reached out makes me think they very interested.. I personally would wait to see what we have in Wilson.

In theory the cowboys make the playoffs and have a pick in the late 20s in the 1st round. Fitz likely better than what we would pick there,much like Amari was. The other positive is Fitz is under contract for at least 3 more years and the cost would not be that much against the cap. I wont be upset if we trade for him or we don't

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't see them getting a #1 but if the Cowboys get into the playoffs that #1 is going to be in the 20's and the player we get isn't going to be close to Fitzpatrick's quality so perhaps it would be more advantageous to the Cowboys to go this route
100% disagree with this. Every year players go later than that, that I would take over Fitzpatrick right now. Many seem to be basing their opinion of him off of his pre-draft stock. Well, that's what made Dak a 4th rounder. I wouldn't trade DAk for a 4th today. You trade for the guy that has been in the Pros for a year plus, not the guy that Mel Kiper wrote about 2 years ago. To me he is a young guy with potential that I think will be good and maybe really good, but that isn't worth a first plus to me and certainly isn't a guy I can say we can't come close to in quality picking in the 20's :2cents:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% disagree with this. Every year players go later than that, that I would take over Fitzpatrick right now. Many seem to be basing their opinion of him off of his pre-draft stock. Well, that's what made Dak a 4th rounder. I wouldn't trade DAk for a 4th today. You trade for the guy that has been in the Pros for a year plus, not the guy that Mel Kiper wrote about 2 years ago. To me he is a young guy with potential that I think will be good and maybe really good, but that isn't worth a first plus to me and certainly isn't a guy I can say we can't come close to in quality picking in the 20's :2cents:
And we have a guy who hasn't lived up to his draft level too in Taco so Taco & a pick makes sense for Fitzpatrick.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we have a guy who hasn't lived up to his draft level too in Taco so Taco & a pick makes sense for Fitzpatrick.
I totally agree. But not a #1. I wouldn't even give Taco plus a #2 but I can understand why some would. For me I give a third or Taco and a third. Taco holds no value until we activate him. Teams know he'll be cut soon if he sin't active and keeps talking so I suspect his value is dropping by the week

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy was as good as it gets in college. Saying that though, Bama DBs don’t always have success in the NFL for some reason.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, we should have scored 49. Two pick sixes dropped and a dumb Amari Cooper penalty cost Pollard a TD. So I'll still :kissass:Kellen Moore.

:suds:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect they come off their original ask of a #1 plus or keep him

Pittsburgh gave them a #1 for him and their first rounder looks like it will be a pretty high pick with them starting 0-2 and Ben out for the year

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh gave them a #1 for him and their first rounder looks like it will be a pretty high pick with them starting 0-2 and Ben out for the year
Stupid Pitt. Smart Dallas. I'm good with how this went. Thank God we didn't give up our #1