• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

COWBOYS offseason plans.........

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would like everyone on the defense back and just stay healthy all year

other than that offensive line,offensive line,offensive line,offensive line

does jerry go after another WR(not sure who is actually available)but-
jennings,bowe,wallace,welker are the top ones listed.....austin cant stay on the field and hopefully dez keeps progressing

here is some OL names--jake long,clady,brandon albert,andre smith,brandon moore,livtre

Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would like everyone on the defense back and just stay healthy all year

other than that offensive line,offensive line,offensive line,offensive line

does jerry go after another WR(not sure who is actually available)but-
jennings,bowe,wallace,welker are the top ones listed.....austin cant stay on the field and hopefully dez keeps progressing

here is some OL names--jake long,clady,brandon albert,andre smith,brandon moore,livtre

don't forget Fernando Velasco C, Louis Vasquez ROG & Gosder Cherilus ROT

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read that if they cowboys cut doug free and let their FA's walk we will have about 25 mil in capspace.................

thats a big chunk of change if true

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Free needs to go. I think we need at least one starter on the OL via free agency and one via the draft, similar to our cornerbacks situation last year. I think Ratliff is gone. Injuries, decline in play and crossing the boss all lead me to believe he's gone. Wouldn't shock me if Jenkins is gone as well.

I really don't like this idea: Monte Kiffin focus of Dallas Cowboys' search for defensive coordinator - ESPN Dallas Talk about a short-term solution.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
free is gone..........no way he stays

wouldnt mind jenkins back at a decent price and if we switch to 4-3(kiffin) ratliff will probably be back......he would do well since he wouldnt be dbl teamed like he is in the 3-4

bmapes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see the Cowboys sign 1 or 2 of these 3, or all if we can,
Mike Wallace WR, we need someone to draw coverage off of Dez and Wallace's speed is insane. Plus, he rarely drops the ball, that would help with Romo's confidence. Andy Levitre G, Is a great run blocker... enough said. Henry Melton DT, switching back to 4-3 we are going to need another DT and Melton is a young HUGE body that can clog up running lanes. Finally, and most obviously, we need to resign Spencer. Does this seem plausible?

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see the Cowboys sign 1 or 2 of these 3, or all if we can,
Mike Wallace WR, we need someone to draw coverage off of Dez and Wallace's speed is insane. Plus, he rarely drops the ball, that would help with Romo's confidence. Andy Levitre G, Is a great run blocker... enough said. Henry Melton DT, switching back to 4-3 we are going to need another DT and Melton is a young HUGE body that can clog up running lanes. Finally, and most obviously, we need to resign Spencer. Does this seem plausible?

dont think we can sign all of those guys.....wr we are pretty good looking IF austin is healthy with dez and harris looked good

spencer and o-line would be realistic if we have the cap space(should free up a good chunk after restructuring carr and romo after extended)

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont think we can sign all of those guys.....wr we are pretty good looking IF austin is healthy with dez and harris looked good

spencer and o-line would be realistic if we have the cap space(should free up a good chunk after restructuring carr and romo after extended)

just don't see them re-signing Spencer. if we did have that 25M, set aside around 7.5 for draft choices and about that or more for Spencer not leaving much to address our major right-side O/L problems & the defensive needs if we do shift to the Kiffin 4-3 D.

that might change if Spencer is willing to sign for 3 to 5M less than last season's cap hit

Last edited by a moderator:

theTonyRomoShow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bone made some good arguments about keeping the defense in tact from a year ago. Jerry and Jason went out and landed some nice DB depth in the draft added a potential starter from the Lions to compete at SAM but didn't waste picks on Dline in 2013. Realize half (no joke) of the defense was lost due to injury in 2012. The Dline will be much more of a focus in the 2014 draft but I am approving the move to keep the team intact and will hope for less injuries in the coming season.

"Luck has a way of evaporating when you lean on it.” Got to have depth.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will take me a bit to figure these forums out... LOL just not comfortable with the quote thing.

Like what TRS said though. Kinda HAHA Durant from Detroit is the starter. Think he had something like 130 tackles last year..... He's not maybe of if... He's solid.

I like our D-line in this defense. I said on the other board my question about it is going to be Spencer. (Don't see the multiple moves needed to beat all the tackles he will face) I think Ware will be Freeny like. As in he's still not going to much of a force vs the run.... but pin his ears back at just go for the Qb. Don't see that as a weakness though cause I think Carter is a beast. (ESPN people know I've hyped him since college)
Aside from injuries (which no one can predict) weaknesses I seeon defense are depth on D-line Lber
And the same weakness we have had for a decade. Safety

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again .... behind this coaching staff..... The hope is defense is on and off the field fast enough we don't have to DEPEND on depth to keep fresh guys on the field.

Atleast that's my hope