• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys give Bryant a series of conditions he must meet in order to remain with team

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Because Dallas spent a 1st and gave him a (probably) big contract. They are already invested, they couldn't mitigate. There's a difference.

we didn't spend a 1st so we don't have to evaluate? we just go and sign him now, worry about the consequences later? is that good due diligence or just looking blindly at the reward?

and it is the presumed reward because you had better hope Bryant changes his entire character, and becomes professional. cause remember he had these concerns coming out of college.

Dallas is learning hard about the risk now, why are you so anxious to assume risk right in front of you?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Because Dallas spent a 1st and gave him a (probably) big contract. They are already invested, they couldn't mitigate. There's a difference.

He's still on his rookie contract. 5 years worth $11.8M. $8.63M guaranteed, including a $1.95M signing bonus. Remaining base salaries worth $1.335M this year (+1.44M signing bonus), $1,557,500 in 2013 and $1.78M in 2014.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone has his own quantity of mitigation, ie trade value and contract clauses. but even BEFORE you take that step, you have to consider why Dallas is even doing what they're doing?

mitigating risk begins with your evaluation of his circumstances? not his talent, but why are these things even necessary if this player is professional? how does this type of personality impact your current team?

cause seems to me you're only looking at the reward, you went straight to the reward and passed evaluation? what good is his reward if we end up with a Braylon Edwards? not questioning his talent at all, but without the professional attitude...............

You aren't going to find a player in the 4th round with his kind of potential. Obviously we would want to talk to him and make sure the coaching staff and FO felt confident that they could turn his attitude around. Sometimes a change of scenery is good for a player. Sometimes not. T. Brown and P. Cox had attitude problems, but they have turned it around in a positive way (so far).

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You aren't going to find a player in the 4th round with his kind of potential. Obviously we would want to talk to him and make sure the coaching staff and FO felt confident that they could turn his attitude around. Sometimes a change of scenery is good for a player. Sometimes not. T. Brown and P. Cox had attitude problems, but they have turned it around in a positive way (so far).

yes, this is what i'm trying to describe...obviously not very well. but just talking to him isn't enough, i'm sure he can 'interview' well same how he got Dallas to bite.

some players can change a little yes, but it SEEMS like he needs a big overhaul? nobody can make a big overhaul to their character.

again, how does this impact your current team?

we should look at it from the risk side, not the reward side, why? because of the original topic at hand.....there are issues that just arose and its all about 'risk'.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they should make him carry ppl's shoulder pads

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How pathetic. Welcome to the real world Dez, ooh my bad I mean welcome to the first day of Kindergarten.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How pathetic. Welcome to the real world Dez, ooh my bad I mean welcome to the first day of Kindergarten.

Yeah, I remember Kindergarten, where they had all these stupid rules - no running in the hallway, no calling the teacher by her first name, no alcohol before recess...

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, this is what i'm trying to describe...obviously not very well. but just talking to him isn't enough, i'm sure he can 'interview' well same how he got Dallas to bite.

some players can change a little yes, but it SEEMS like he needs a big overhaul? nobody can make a big overhaul to their character.

again, how does this impact your current team?

we should look at it from the risk side, not the reward side, why? because of the original topic at hand.....there are issues that just arose and its all about 'risk'.

I get what you're saying. Maybe he does need a big overhaul. Getting traded for a 4th round pick might be just the kind of wake up call he needs. I understand that it's a risk no matter what, but the reward for a 4th round pick would be worth it IMO.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we didn't spend a 1st so we don't have to evaluate? we just go and sign him now, worry about the consequences later? is that good due diligence or just looking blindly at the reward?

and it is the presumed reward because you had better hope Bryant changes his entire character, and becomes professional. cause remember he had these concerns coming out of college.

Dallas is learning hard about the risk now, why are you so anxious to assume risk right in front of you?

Snore....really, Deep. Is that what I said? It goes without saying that you do your due diligence, but please stop and recognize that talent can't be taught while manners can. Remember that NE got Randy for a 4th, that worked out pretty well. It can be done and therefore I would sure want Baalke to look into it if the Cowboys even hinted that they wanted to move Dez. Hell, I think Baalke should call now, just in case.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still on his rookie contract. 5 years worth $11.8M. $8.63M guaranteed, including a $1.95M signing bonus. Remaining base salaries worth $1.335M this year (+1.44M signing bonus), $1,557,500 in 2013 and $1.78M in 2014.

Not that huge, but they'd have to eat his SB whereas it's not our concern. So still, factors that would pertain to Dallas and not us.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Snore....really, Deep. Is that what I said? It goes without saying that you do your due diligence, but please stop and recognize that talent can't be taught while manners can. Remember that NE got Randy for a 4th, that worked out pretty well. It can be done and therefore I would sure want Baalke to look into it if the Cowboys even hinted that they wanted to move Dez. Hell, I think Baalke should call now, just in case.

if you didn't say that, then you agree with me. if i've been saying it all this thread, what are YOU arguing?

i already said his talent isn't in question.

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I get what you're saying. Maybe he does need a big overhaul. Getting traded for a 4th round pick might be just the kind of wake up call he needs. I understand that it's a risk no matter what, but the reward for a 4th round pick would be worth it IMO.

yeah sure it is.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
yeah sure it is.

notsureifseriousx.jpg

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you didn't say that, then you agree with me. if i've been saying it all this thread, what are YOU arguing?

i already said his talent isn't in question.

I'm arguing that even if I need to hire a 24h babysitter for Dez, if I can get him for a 4th rounder and I'm sure that he can't hurt the team, I sign him. What are you arguing?