• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys give Bryant a series of conditions he must meet in order to remain with team

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dallas Cowboys put Dez Bryant on double-secret probation | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

Bryant now has the following "restrictions":

• A midnight curfew. If he's going to miss curfew, team officials must know in advance;

• No drinking alcohol.

• He can't attend any strip clubs and can only attend nightclubs if they are approved by the team and he has a security team with him.

• He must attend counseling sessions twice a week.

• A rotating three-man security team will leave one man with Bryant at all times.

• Members of the security team will drive Bryant to practices, games and team functions.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is embarrassing for Bryant. Time to grow up and start acting like a man so that you get treated like one.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
There's really nothing one can say to this except:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol Wow just wow, I've never heard of anything like this but a lot more guys in the NFL need treatment like this.

That being said, if Bryant gets cut for breaking these rules I would hope we'd be on the list to get him lol

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lol Wow just wow, I've never heard of anything like this but a lot more guys in the NFL need treatment like this.

That being said, if Bryant gets cut for breaking these rules I would hope we'd be on the list to get him lol

then the 49ers will have to provide this kind of 'security', and keep hoping he meets these conditions. we'll be hoping on a daily basis?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure they'd try to trade him; so, for me, depends on the asking price.

then the 49ers will have to provide this kind of 'security', and keep hoping he meets these conditions. we'll be hoping on a daily basis?

Risk vs reward. He has high reward so you just have to mitigate the risks.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they'd try to trade him; so, for me, depends on the asking price.

Risk vs reward. He has high reward so you just have to mitigate the risks.

I wonder if this "babysitting move" would make it difficult to even trade Dez. At the very least it drops his value 2 rounds. Maybe they could have got a 2nd rounder for him from a needy team, but now they'd be really fortunate to get a 4th rounder.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if this "babysitting move" would make it difficult to even trade Dez. At the very least it drops his value 2 rounds. Maybe they could have got a 2nd rounder for him from a needy team, but now they'd be really fortunate to get a 4th rounder.

Sold!

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Give up a 4th rounder and possibly one of the WR's we would cut? I'd give up Kyle Williams or Ted Ginn in a heart beat.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree. Give up a 4th rounder and possibly one of the WR's we would cut? I'd give up Kyle Williams or Ted Ginn in a heart beat.

I was just going to say that it would be embarassing to go to them with that offer but then I heard Jay Glazer say that via a Cowboys source that it's "asinine" to think the Cowboys would give up Dez for anything less than a first round pick and possibly another player or player(s). Either way, it's not happening at this point.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i get the risk - reward, but the fact Dallas even had to do this tells us........its HIGH risk?

don't know where the line (value?) is for risk/reward, but do consider the other side of the coin too. all his talent doesn't help if he's not playing.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just going to say that it would be embarassing to go to them with that offer but then I heard Jay Glazer say that via a Cowboys source that it's "asinine" to think the Cowboys would give up Dez for anything less than a first round pick and possibly another player or player(s). Either way, it's not happening at this point.

I could see that, but shouldn't they lose that leverage for his health issues, off the field issues, and the other teams knowing they want to get rid of him?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I could see that, but shouldn't they lose that leverage for his health issues, off the field issues, and the other teams knowing they want to get rid of him?

yes, they lose leverage.

its similar to if we trade a 4th for him and also fall into "issues", then we might get a 6th back in a trade? we'd also lose leverage.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get the risk - reward, but the fact Dallas even had to do this tells us........its HIGH risk?

don't know where the line (value?) is for risk/reward, but do consider the other side of the coin too. all his talent doesn't help if he's not playing.

Nope. The risk is mitigated by what you do with his contract, what other pieces you have and what you give up to get him. Would anyone really think there's any such thing as a "high risk" 4th rounder for a WR with legit #1 talent?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nope. The risk is mitigated by what you do with his contract, what other pieces you have and what you give up to get him. Would anyone really think there's any such thing as a "high risk" 4th rounder for a WR with legit #1 talent?

everyone has his own quantity of mitigation, ie trade value and contract clauses. but even BEFORE you take that step, you have to consider why Dallas is even doing what they're doing?

mitigating risk begins with your evaluation of his circumstances? not his talent, but why are these things even necessary if this player is professional? how does this type of personality impact your current team?

cause seems to me you're only looking at the reward, you went straight to the reward and passed evaluation? what good is his reward if we end up with a Braylon Edwards? not questioning his talent at all, but without the professional attitude...............

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone has his own quantity of mitigation, ie trade value and contract clauses. but even BEFORE you take that step, you have to consider why Dallas is even doing what they're doing?

Because Dallas spent a 1st and gave him a (probably) big contract. They are already invested, they couldn't mitigate. There's a difference.