• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys-Giants game thread

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the 6-10ers are all climbing on board. Wonder how fast you all will jump with the next loss?

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys got two wins today. One was against the Giants, the other was Jeff Heath getting hurt. I don't like to wish injuries on any Cowboy player and I wish him a full recovery, but I'm so glad we won't have to see that scrub on the field for the rest of the season.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs did a nice job of keeping the giants in the game last night. Compound by scandricks brick hands. Eli has always been overrated. The Giants defense and luck was the reason Eli has 2 rings. Any divisional win is huge. Nothing passes me off more than the refs trying to determine outcome

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does that secondary do any catching drills? they seem to drop more balls than any other team. My perception anyway.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys got two wins today. One was against the Giants, the other was Jeff Heath getting hurt. I don't like to wish injuries on any Cowboy player and I wish him a full recovery, but I'm so glad we won't have to see that scrub on the field for the rest of the season.

With any luck and a good draft, hopefully he and Claiborne will both be plying their less than considerable skills somewhere else next season.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how much longer is Carr around? :doh:

If I read it correctly (someone correct me if I didn't please)... He's signed through 2016 with an option for 2017. Salary cap hit is around $10-12M per year the next two seasons if he stays. If he's let go we're on the hook for around $2M per year the next two years.

Might have to suck it up for another year as much as I would hate it. He can't play zone and his man-to-man skills are poor. But - find someone better on the team.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I read it correctly (someone correct me if I didn't please)... He's signed through 2016 with an option for 2017. Salary cap hit is around $10-12M per year the next two seasons if he stays. If he's let go we're on the hook for around $2M per year the next two years.

Might have to suck it up for another year as much as I would hate it. He can't play zone and his man-to-man skills are poor. But - find someone better on the team.

ouch! another dumb contract. with their cap issues they are stuck. can't cut him yet.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ouch! another dumb contract. with their cap issues they are stuck. can't cut him yet.

If we only have to eat $2M each of the next two seasons, I'm OK with cutting his ass on June 2. The question is who replaces him.

But Lord - he's awful.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we only have to eat $2M each of the next two seasons, I'm OK with cutting his ass on June 2. The question is who replaces him.

But Lord - he's awful.

they may not have that luxury depending on what they do with Murray and Dez.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr has a $12M cap hit next year whether he is here or not. Of course if he is cut it could be spread out, but that doesn't make it go away. He'll be here one more year. Funny that Moore seems to be better than both Carr and Mo.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You and me both Earl. The guy just sucks on defense. Can't understand why he gets so much PT. Good riddance and we'll dig someone up to play STs if need be...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs did a nice job of keeping the giants in the game last night. Compound by scandricks brick hands. Eli has always been overrated. The Giants defense and luck was the reason Eli has 2 rings. Any divisional win is huge. Nothing passes me off more than the refs trying to determine outcome

I usually don't get into blaming the refs, but there were some pretty obvious calls and no calls that were missed last night IMO. One on the fumble on the goal line, and that went to a review and they still screwed it up. Another on a big 3rd down pass where the Giants WR blatantly pushed off with both hands, and then the call on TSmith on the 37 yard pass, didn't think that was a hold

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't too happy about the way the team played in the 1st half last night. The defense looked lost the entire 1st half and the offense didn't look much better. I give them props for making the adjustments at halftime and winning the game. I get carried away sometimes while the game is going on, get damn right mad when they play like crap. When they play bad after a bye week I wonder just what in the hell they did for two weeks. With all that said I am proud of the way this team has played overall this season. I didn't expect them to be as bad as some predicted, but I didn't see 8-3 after 11 games either. This team has surprised many.