• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys extend Lee for $42 Million

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep the crap in the smack talk thread.
We dont give a shit about the cowgirls signings

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read it and Weep...
:suds::yahoo::10::laugh3:

Typical Cowboy fan! You can keep Lee, we will find a younger, better version for much less Jerrah! I'm glad we could drive up the price though. :clap:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can stay healthy, its a good deal for Jerry. Now lets see if he can stay healthy.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Good signing for them

If he stays healthy. Problem is , it means dallas is now set to count $150 million against the cap next year. Right now the Cap is projected to be between $125 and 126 million. to get under the cap Dallas is going to have to cut and rework deals to clear a minimum of $20 million. And that doesnt take into account resigning Bryant or bringing in a single free agent. great move on field if he stays healthy, but cap wise Jerry is digging a hole.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read it and Weep...
:suds::yahoo::10::laugh3:

right this should go on the smack talk thread or the thread we discussed this

that being said those 7-10 players i mentioned you would lose to cap reasons just got a step closer

however signing lee is a good keep for the boys

ZoneRead

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last GOOD extension the Cowboys made to a player? Romo? Austin? Ratliff? Nope, nope, and nope.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good job cowboys. thats the kind of player to keep around.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right this should go on the smack talk thread or the thread we discussed this

that being said those 7-10 players i mentioned you would lose to cap reasons just got a step closer

however signing lee is a good keep for the boys

You are proven wrong, and instead of manning up, you say I should go to the smack talk thread? So if you simply know what you're talking about, you're a troll?
:bawling::bawling::bawling:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations, UK, you got a good player. Now you gotta figure out how to keep him. Your cap issues just got worse. I know you don't want to face this, but this is a ticking time bomb about to go off in the next year. Jerry can't pay all this high price talent he has signed. quite a few are gonna take a hit and its going to hurt the team.

bworku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap issues aside, it was a good deal value-wise if he stays healthy. It does hurt their overall outlook with the cap, but as far as the specific deal it's not bad.

bdhwg69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are proven wrong, and instead of manning up, you say I should go to the smack talk thread? So if you simply know what you're talking about, you're a troll?
:bawling::bawling::bawling:
The only troll I see on this board is you UK. Why don't you take your sorry Brokeback Nation azz back to your own board . Man you Cowgirl fans are a bunch of whiners. HTTR

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations, UK, you got a good player. Now you gotta figure out how to keep him. Your cap issues just got worse. I know you don't want to face this, but this is a ticking time bomb about to go off in the next year. Jerry can't pay all this high price talent he has signed. quite a few are gonna take a hit and its going to hurt the team.

I thought their cap issues were supposed to stop them from re-signing him in the first place? Well, that or the Redskins 2012 NFCE champions banner, or at least that was the assumption in the other thread.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good resigning for the Cowboys.

But the Cowboys still have a big cap issue moving forward.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought their cap issues were supposed to stop them from re-signing him in the first place? Well, that or the Redskins 2012 NFCE champions banner, or at least that was the assumption in the other thread.

Not at all. He can restructure contracts and continue to push salaries and commitments into the future, which is what he has done. But that eventually comes back to bite you in the ass when you are $25M over the cap next year just with existing commitments. So somehow he has to cut existing talent next year to not only meet the cap, but have money to sign draft picks. Oh, and the talent you cut will still have a hit against the cap of some amount. So in reality, he's going to have to free up in the range of $30-35M next year in some fashion. Isn't Bryant a FA next year (I'm not 100% sure, but I think so)? He's got to be a keeper that is going to cost a very pretty penny. How's that going to happen?

It appears to me that Jerry is going all in for this year. Its win this year and then rebuild for the next 3-5 years. He will have to dump alot of talent either thru trades or cuts. My guess is he will try and trade some to get draft picks.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this signing is a sign of cap hell in the future, but after reading this board the last week or so, you guys sure seem to be banking on it. NO way this signing is a sign of being all in this season only...if that were the case, then he wouldn't have signed the guy. Bottom line, with health this guy is a player and Lee signed a team friendly contract with regards to health

of all the things jerry screws up, managing the cap hasn't shown to be one. The guy made his money understanding money.

Look forward to this season