• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys convert to 4-3

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
has fisher ever ran a 3-4..........pretty sure he is a 4-3 guy

wonder why the change if it happens

At least never as a head coach. He's always ran a 4-3, and he seems to get the most out of his pass-rushers.

Speaking of Fisher, I was pissed when the Rams got him. The Titans were really dumb to let him go.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I read somewhere that Rams is making a change as well on the defensive side - converting to a 3-4.

There is a rumor out there that Rob Ryan will become the Rams DC next year and since he primarily runs a 3-4 the Rams could possibly run it as well. If Ryan becomes the Rams DC I doubt that they switch since Fisher is a 4-3 guy and Ryan ran 4-3 with the Raiders at least part of the time.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
There is a rumor out there that Rob Ryan will become the Rams DC next year and since he primarily runs a 3-4 the Rams could possibly run it as well. If Ryan becomes the Rams DC I doubt that they switch since Fisher is a 4-3 guy and Ryan ran 4-3 with the Raiders at least part of the time.

Y'know what... I would NOT want that to happen. I think Chris Long could be a beast in the 6 tech' at RDE w/ Quinn playing OLB next to him.

bevotex

Fear the Steer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if they go to the 4-3, the 3-8, the 5-6 or 0-11. Until this is fixed;

Personnel Owner(s) Jerry Jones President Jerry Jones General manager Jerry Jones

We will continue to suck

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
has fisher ever ran a 3-4..........pretty sure he is a 4-3 guy

wonder why the change if it happens

I don't know if Fisher has ever ran a 3-4 before as a coordinator, but he certainly has never done so as a head coach. If Ryan is hired, I don't see Fisher as being a man so rigid in his way that he wouldn't allow an experience coach such as Ryan to implement some of his best game plan (if that means a total transition to a 3-4? I don't know). But I think the rams would be a scary team in the 3-4. I always thought Brockers would make one serious talent as a 5-technique DE:

Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports there may be some "under the radar" candidates the Rams are interviewing for their defensive-coordinator vacancy.
Thomas is down at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala. and says he's been "hearing a couple of interesting things" regarding the position, but he stopped short of naming names. He was told last week that the goal is to have a defensive coordinator in place by the Super Bowl. Rob Ryan has been the only name mentioned to this point, and he interviewed on Saturday. Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch Jan 22 - 6:38 PM

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ 49ers fans caring about the cowboys when their team is going to the SB

GO BOYS!!! AMERICAS TEAM ............most loved and hated :)

This board talks about everything related to NFL and NCAA football- not just Niner topics. The Cowboys don't get any more attention than any other non-NFC West team on here. I personally hate the Seahawks, Rams, Cardinals, Giants, and Packers more than the Cowboys at the moment. I hated the Cowboys the most in the 90's though for sure.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate this move on so many levels. Kiffen got worked by Chip Kelly in college, now they're in the same division in the pros. The rest of the league is shifting to the 3-4 to balance out the speed on offense nowadays, we go the opposite way. Our best player (Ware) has never played a 4-3 and all indications are that his game will suffer as a result of this move.

Garret needed to go as well as Rob Ryan, but this is just a step back. We'll be looking for another DC in 2 years. Another great move by Jerry.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it might help ...... i say just turn ware loose every play and have lee and carter clean up the rest

spencer will also rush more in the 4-3