• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

cowboys and skins....

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lose salary cap money because they used good business sense and paid a few guys upfront money during a "uncapped" year.........this shouldnt stand,, bullshit

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it kills the Cowboys off-season. we will have to cut people just to sign our draft choices

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think it will hold up......and they can spread over this year and next year

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF AND THE MONEY IS GOING TO BE GIVEN TO THE OTHER NFL TEAMS?,,,WTF NO WAY THIS SHIT STANDS

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think it will hold up......and they can spread over this year and next year

according to what i just read the Cowboys only have 5M available as of right now and the league may negate the Austin deal

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK THAT SHIT.....COWBOYS AND SKINS ARE GONNA SUE THE SHIT OUT OF THEM....FUCK LETS LEAVE THE NFL AND SEE HOW MUCH THEY MAKE WITH BUFFALO,JACKSONVILLE,CLEVELAND,ST.LOUIS,INDY AND WHOEVER

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't sound like a big deal to me. There are always loopholes in bidness.

Dan Snyder is a giant d-bag tho so I don't care what happens to him.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't sound like a big deal to me. There are always loopholes in bidness.

Dan Snyder is a giant d-bag tho so I don't care what happens to him.

are you kidding me.....you dont think its a big deal that the league office is taking away cap money fron two teams and giving it to the other teams in the nfl.....get a clue

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the NFL handed down very severe penalties to the Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins for alleged violations of a tacit (though unwritten) agreement among the league's 32 team owners.( so the skins/boys were the first business owners not to follow an unwritten rule that they more than likely opposed)

"To remedy these effects and preserve competitive balance throughout the league, the parties to the CBA agreed to adjustments to team salary for the 2012 and 2013 seasons...(thats funny cause im pretty sure there wasnt a cba in place during 2010 which lead to an uncapped year)

"The Dallas Cowboys were in compliance with all league salary cap rules during the uncapped year. We look forward to the start of the free agency period where our commitment to improving our team remains unchanged."(amen)

"These agreed-upon adjustments were structured in a manner that will not affect the salary cap or player spending on a league-wide basis."--(so the peppers deal was fine but the austin deal was cheating)

If the NFL wanted to avoid this issue, it could have made a very simple decision -- extend the league year through the CBA negotiations. However, this would have required the owners to pay salaries and benefits to the players during a labor negotiation, and the owners benefited financially from not doing so. It is the height of hypocrisy for the league, and certain owners, to turn on other owners when everyone took a major slice of the financial upside of a lockout.(amen)

Whether you like the Cowboys and Redskins, and whether or not you like the way they do business (I am generally underwhelmed in both cases), the machinations of this decision should stink to high heaven to anyone who's really interested in the "competitive balance" the NFL keeps throwing around as its catch-all statement. If the league is so fixed on competitive balance, why doesn't it punish the teams that were hoarding money during the uncapped year? Does Roger Goodell really think it helps the league for the owners of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to spend $40-50 million less on player costs than the average per season, and siphon off tens of millions in revenue-sharing cash to offset their English soccer debt? Won't those teams with a lower floor be in violation of the NFL's new salary floor in 2013? Will there be retroactive punishment then? (fucking amen)

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The National Football League came down with a penalty ruling on March 12 that is sure to come back and bite them. They announced that the Washington Redskins and Dallas Cowboys would be penalized salary cap space in the next two seasons for trying to subvert the rules. In the case of Washington, the penalty is $36 million, which they graciously allowed to be spread over two years. The problem is that the league is trying to enforce rules that did not exist.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league approved all of the contracts that the Redskins entered into during the period in question. Every single last one of them was looked over by the league, and then given the Roger Goodell stamp of approval.

So, the contracts are acceptable during the uncapped year, but are not allowed after they get a new deal in place?

Why is the league so upset about this supposed salary cap subversion? It is because the league wanted all the teams to do things their way during that uncapped season. Remember that both sides of this labor situation said okay to this uncapped year. The NFL said spend money, but not try to dump bad contracts. If this were such a priority, then put it in writing gentlemen! That was never going to occur because the NFLPA could cite them for collusion and tie them up in court forever.