• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins to the jets or broncos

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I think he would love to play for the Vikings and they got the cap space, still......until I see the Vikings return the interest I’m going with the Browns.

tmp.png

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals are near the bottom of the league in cap space and Cousin will easily be the most expensive free agent on the market this season. I know Cousins has put out that he wants to play with a good team and certainly the Cardinal would be a great fit in that regard, but while Cousin may accept less to play with a winning team he’s not going to accept millions less. This is his last big payday, I don’t care what kind of lip service he gives about it “not being about the biggest offer” money matters. I’ve seen predictions that he’ll get a average of 27 to 28 million yearly and a long term contract. It could be even more. He’s not accepting 22 million average for 5 years when he can make 28 million average for 5 years , because he would be leaving 30 mil on the table. Just not going to happen.
very true, they and Denver are both in the same boat as far as the cap goes. Neither will have a whole lot left after their various resigning and leaving an allotment of what they'll need for the draft class. Looking at who the big hitters are on each team though, its my personal opinion that ARZ would have an easier time getting guys like Fitz, Chandler Jones, to renegotiate than Denver would. But could just be my ass talking

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the part where Viking front office declared they are interested. Looks like Cousins wish list, money being equal.

Doesn't need to be equal, just comparable.

I bet he would take 2-3 million per year less to play for a team like Minnesota

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't need to be equal, just comparable.

I bet he would take 2-3 million per year less to play for a team like Minnesota
So you think he would leave 10 to 15 million on the table? IDK maybe. However if the Browns actually want Cousins ( haven’t seen any indications so far) might be hard to come that close.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think he would leave 10 to 15 million on the table? IDK maybe. However if the Browns actually want Cousins ( haven’t seen any indications so far) might be hard to come that close.

I do.

Cousins is a winner, a great teammate and a very spiritual guy.

He will care as much about the situaion as he does the money. I will be shocked if he simply goes to the highest bidder. A lot more to it than that.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Cousins will be a Viking.
As Cousins owner in D2, I like it.
As a fan within the division, I hate it.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was just re-reading some of these posts, damn @tlance - on fucking fire with these predictions from beginning of FEB

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am telling you, bet on the Vikings.

Odds should be near the top. Jets line is silly. Almost no chance he goes there. Cleveland is more attractive given ther assets.

Do I know my dude or what?

Vikings all the way.

@Chef99, I am officially rooting for the Vikings to win the Super Bowl so Bruce Allen will emphatically be proven wrong and subsequently fired. They should be in the short list of favorites. Cousins is a massive upgrade over any QB they had last year because of skill and reliability.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was just re-reading some of these posts, damn @tlance - on fucking fire with these predictions from beginning of FEB
Pretty sure he must stole it from me, and added a lot of conviction.
considering that only Kyle Slotter is under contract in Minnesota, we might be snoozing too hard on the Vikes too. I know its pretty much assumed they'll keep at least one of Bradford, Bridgewater, and Keenum, but, never know

Just kidding, great call @tlance

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he must stole it from me, and added a lot of conviction.

Just kidding, great call @tlance

You definitely posted Vikes first. You deserve all the credit for that. I was just a little more adamant with the Vikes pick.