• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Courtland Sutton extended

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
be stupid to extend these two with a rookie QB or TB next year

wilson or rodgers or watson have to be on the table

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vibe is that we are planning ahead here... We didn't waste time this offseason in locking Patrick and Sutton up. We did that during the bye week.... Getting our cap space situated to make a run at a QB? Could be me overthinking but I get that vibe locking up Patrick and Sutton now is all part of a plan to make a run at a QB.. It makes our situation a bit more attractive to a QB then having these guys lingering out there in free agency as well...

We want to secure the groceries for a new QB now so our kitchen is as attractive as possible in the offseason when our #1 priority will be a QB.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Sutton's numbers aren't great this year... But we know what he can do and we know he is very good WR... Imagine him with a really good QB and perhaps a better playcaller? The guy is one of the best deep WR's in the NFL and with his size that makes him even more scary... I am actually surprised we were able to get him for 4 years, 60 mil when you look at some of the other contracts handed out to WR's... My fear was Sutton would take a 1 year deal then blow up next year and get even more money when the cap goes up the following year.

Pretty happy with the contracts we got with Patrick and Sutton.

Also think about this. Sutton is a great young WR we know his number can be way better with a better QB... There is a reason why Sutton was eager to sign here without hitting the market (other then risking another injury killing his $$$$) but it shows people want to be here. I look at Kenny Golladay last year who was in a pretty similar situation to Sutton this year and he had no desire to re-sign with the Lions before hitting the open market.. There is something positive to take from these two re-signing during the bye week and electing not to hit the open market. Something internally is clicking at least. I don't think this would have really happened a year ago, two years ago. etc.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would also give us the option to tag Alexander Johnson. Who would be the most likely Free agent to be tagged now. Coming off IR it gives us another year to see if we want to lock him in long term with a big contract. He has probably earned a big contract but it gives us some flexibility with our cap if needed.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paton clearly didn’t take the bye week off. ;)

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yes::yes::yes:

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Sutton's numbers aren't great this year... But we know what he can do and we know he is very good WR... Imagine him with a really good QB and perhaps a better playcaller? The guy is one of the best deep WR's in the NFL and with his size that makes him even more scary... I am actually surprised we were able to get him for 4 years, 60 mil when you look at some of the other contracts handed out to WR's... My fear was Sutton would take a 1 year deal then blow up next year and get even more money when the cap goes up the following year.

Pretty happy with the contracts we got with Patrick and Sutton.

Also think about this. Sutton is a great young WR we know his number can be way better with a better QB... There is a reason why Sutton was eager to sign here without hitting the market (other then risking another injury killing his $$$$) but it shows people want to be here. I look at Kenny Golladay last year who was in a pretty similar situation to Sutton this year and he had no desire to re-sign with the Lions before hitting the open market.. There is something positive to take from these two re-signing during the bye week and electing not to hit the open market. Something internally is clicking at least. I don't think this would have really happened a year ago, two years ago. etc.
My first thought was that if I was Sutton’s agent I would have recommended him to go somewhere there was a very good QB - at the minimum a competent one! I think this is a great signing For the Broncos. We obviously won’t be looking at a WR early in this coming draft.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gives us trade piece at WR position option for QB trade

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see Sutton getting locked up. Not sure he would have gotten this deal on the free market though after injury and what is only on ok year so far. Hopefully you guys are correct that there is a plan at QB as there are all these toys with nobody to distribute the ball.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the point of view that the Broncos are not playing the roster like they are gunning for a college QB this year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see Sutton getting locked up. Not sure he would have gotten this deal on the free market though after injury and what is only on ok year so far. Hopefully you guys are correct that there is a plan at QB as there are all these toys with nobody to distribute the ball.

Guarantee you he would have with the cap going back up. One of those WR needy teams with cap space likely over pays him just to get him based on need, youth and talent. Kenny Golladay got 4 yrs, 72 m with the cap lower this year. Sutton would have gotten similar money to him.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016 extended Emmanuel and had DT with a big contract. never secured the QB

don’t even want to draft a QB. need a QB to make these guys the best they can be

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson would be ideal for me, but I don’t have any problems with Rogers being the qb, as weird as he is

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue with Rodgers, ignoring the antics, is that he has how many years left? He turns 38 in a couples weeks. Is he more of an exception like Brady or the rule? If he is the rule it will cost a lot for a couple year rental. And we aren't close enough to SB to justify the expense.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue with Rodgers, ignoring the antics, is that he has how many years left? He turns 38 in a couples weeks. Is he more of an exception like Brady or the rule? If he is the rule it will cost a lot for a couple year rental. And we aren't close enough to SB to justify the expense.
Rodgers will make us a Contender instantly. I agree with you about his age , and am leery of the price, but for the right deal I’m all on board. I believe Rodgers elevates this offense to championship level, at least comparable to anything out there.