• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could we expect any less from Swofford??

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell does this POS have a job? Can we leave yet?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Even if Swofford is a douche, we're staying put until FSU and/or Clemson leave.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's less about leaving, and more about being able to leave for free. Without an exit fee, it would be instant profit.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or at least get Swofford out. That should be the first step here...

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why that will lead to not having an exit fee. It may be total nepotism, but why would that negate an exit fee. I really hope they stay, I don't want to go to the SEC, I like the academic class of the ACC and I like our 10 win streak haha.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Winning 10 games a year doesn't mean much in the ACC anymore if it ever did. VT has stagnated in the ACC. Time for a change

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would negate an exit fee on grounds of "no confidence". this makes it even easier for VT, Clemson, and fsu to leave, and save 20 million to boot.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fsu and Clemson want out so badly. Don't forget, terry don Phillips was AD at Oklahoma state in the if 12, so he def knows that conference very well. From what's understand, the only way fsu would consider staying is if the rest of the conference agreed to pay them more thn everyone else. And theres no way that would be agreed upon. Im pumped to leave!!! The ACC is shit

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it says, "Nothing technically illegal seems to have happened here". It seems a bit wishful to jump to no confidence from this. As it gets to toward the end of the article, there are benefits to the ACC from still having Raycom manage everything for them. I agree that this stinks, but let's not rush off too quickly here.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
VT has stagnated in the ACC.

I can't disagree more. If anything, the ACC reignited Tech football! The end of the Big East was stagnant. We started off hyped but couldn't cut it in November in those last years. We were overrated and soft. The ACC reversed that trend, and the 2004 season was a surprise to almost everyone. For the past several years we've been tougher, smarter, and better in November than any team in the conference. The ACC era has been (save the NCG year) the most successful period in any sport Virginia Tech has had in my recollection.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would be OK with raising the bar again though. It is what it is. I think that the ACC could be in the conversation if FSU, Miami, and Clemson hadn't crawled into a cave of nothing-ness and VT had been able to win some big games. Realistically, the ACC SHOULD have 3-4 really good teams every single season with at least one of them (the champ) in the mix for the natty. That hasn't happened. VT can't win the big uns, FSU can't find a good enough coach, Miami can't stop committing major violations, and Clemson -- well they can't even own South Carolina.

I'd be all for the ACC staying together and somehow getting out of this decade long "rut" .. but I think the ship may have sailed. FSU and Clemson both seem to have stars in their eyes for the Big 12. I don't see how they intend to compete there when they can't own the conference they're in .. but whatever .. If they leave, we have options

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all in good time hokies.....fsu/clemson will be announced soon(could be as soon as june 1st or in august but the announcement will come just gotta go thru proper steps)...then the the dam will break

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have had a good run, but the time has come. so long ACC. thanks for the memories.