• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could this guy be next head coach at "The U"?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's shocking that they're having such a hard time finding a winning coach. I mean, they're in a fucking hotbed of talent. It's pretty inexcusable that they've been so bad for so long now.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no no. I'd go for Ed Reed over that guy.

but Rock would be good as an SID or something like that.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest problem for Miami, a huge albatross hanging around their collective necks, is the stadium situation.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to follow UCF's path and build a quick stadium on campus or near campus. 40K seats is all they need, get the students involved in the program.

If they get good and have a huge game, then you can schedule the Orange Bowl, or play where the old Orange Bowl used to be and the pro baseball team now plays.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's shocking that they're having such a hard time finding a winning coach. I mean, they're in a fucking hotbed of talent. It's pretty inexcusable that they've been so bad for so long now.
Facilities are reported to be in the lower half of the ACC and the stadium situation is particularly bad. I also understand that it's a pretty small fan base so the gameday experience isn't all that great either.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I attended the Texas UCF game that was the opening game for UCF's stadium. The students were rockin the place. Of course, they have a bigger student body, but still...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their stadium and facilities suck. Plus they don't pay shit compared to other big time job and their assistant coaches pay pool is even shittier

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
miami is a small private school and the majority of alums leave miami area upon graduation. when they were recruiting talent with issues the bandwagon fans of south florida were all in, when they hit hard times not so much. the dolphin stadium deal was going to be a disaster to anyone with a brain before they ever even signed the contract. and coral gables will never let them build an on campus stadium ever. their best bet would have been to buy a nearby golf course years ago and build one there but i think that ship has sailed.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF had somewhat similar situation: they played their games at the Citrus Bowl.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to hire this guy. Instant street cred.

vanilla-ice-ice-ice-baby-gif.gif

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami really isn't that great of a job.

It's a smaller school than most of you realize......they aren't particularly rolling in dough either

Yes, there's talent aplenty......but crap facilities and a school administration that doesn't really seem to care.

Unless they are willing to pay top dollar, which I'm not sold they are, they will continue to get Al Goldens. I mean seriously, the U hired a guy from Temple......TEMPLE people.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bad facilities, no stadium, and despite their history of winning, they still lose out on home town recruits to UF and FSU.

Its a difficult place to turn around. Not as difficult as most small schools out there, clearly, but more difficult than a big state school.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breakdown: Buyer beware. Ed Reed isn't walking through that door. Miami has limited fan support, an awkward stadium situation and will be pitching a generation of recruits that only know The U is relevant thanks to 30 for 30s. (A lot of college officials consider Virginia Tech the better job). There's also limited finances, which show how college football has passed Miami by. Consider that two potentially viable names—Dan Mullen ($4 million) and Charlie Strong ($5 million)—currently make more than the Hurricanes will likely be able to pay. Miami failed to adequately invest in its program during the glory years of the early 2000s, and after college football underwent its boom in the past decade the Hurricanes have done little to catch up. The most likely option is someone with a link to the past, like former defensive coordinator Greg Schiano or former tight end and offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski. After all, the past and recruiting base are the only real strong sells at Miami.

Miami's swag is gone, and it needs someone to energize the three-county area around the school to revitalize it. That's not an easy task with Florida State and Florida on upswings.

Names: Greg Schiano, Rob Chudzinski, Mario Cristobal, Doc Holliday, Tom Herman and Justin Fuente.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, there's talent aplenty......but crap facilities and a school administration that doesn't really seem to care.

Oh, they care all right, but just about different things than winning now: Donna Shalala was brought in to clean up Miami athletics, and she has done just that. They are determined to not have any more NCAA probes or scandals involving their sports teams. It's working so far and they are content to be average as long as they stay out of the headlines for the wrong reasons.

Totally agree with the rest of your post. Small school that never should have been able to pull in the recruits like they were back in the 80's and 90's without doing things shiftily.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no ucf always had lots of land to build a stadium they just waited until they had the money and the program had legs to stand on......

they had land, but no stadium, and they were a growing program. Miami apparently does not have the land or money.

But if they want to be relevant in football again, they need to find a way to get a stadium.