• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could the Thunder miss the playoffs?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Westbrook has to miss significant time?

Having both him and Durant out would make them one of the worst teams in the NBA for however long they're both out. In the Western Conference falling behind early in the season is not good. At all.

They're already 0-2. I know once Durant returns they'll get back on track, but they'll have to play nearly perfect basketball to catch up and keep pace in the West.

Obviously this all depends on Westbrook's timetable... but a fracture in a hand is never good.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're both out for a quarter of the season the Thunder could be in serious trouble.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Having both him and Durant out would make them one of the worst teams in the NBA for however long they're both out. In the Western Conference falling behind early in the season is not good. At all.

They're already 0-2. I know once Durant returns they'll get back on track, but they'll have to play nearly perfect basketball to catch up and keep pace in the West.

Obviously this all depends on Westbrook's timetable... but a fracture in a hand is never good.
He should call kobe

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. As we say last year, anything south of 50 games doesn't guarantee a playoff spot in the West.

10 of the Thunder's 14 November games are against consensus playoff teams.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could...

But, they could also turn it around and get the #7 or 8 seed which would be a disaster for the teams that are #1 and 2.

* unless is the Spurs *

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell you the worst case scenario for fans of other teams in the Western Conference.....

The Thunder implode due to injury, miss the playoffs, get the #1 pick to go along with a healthy Westbrook, I-block-a, Durant ala the Spurs in the Duncan sweepstakes.

Now, Obviously, there is no Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmy in next years draft class.

But, Okafor would be a mighty nice consolation prize.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell you the worst case scenario for fans of other teams in the Western Conference.....

The Thunder implode due to injury, miss the playoffs, get the #1 pick to go along with a healthy Westbrook, I-block-a, Durant ala the Spurs in the Duncan sweepstakes.

Now, Obviously, there is no Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmy in next years draft class.

They won't be thaaat bad. But if that somehow happened it would be pretty scary. Though I think something like that would increase the chances of KD signing with the Wizards when he becomes a FA.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.
Other teams will beat each other, so they'll hang around.
Very well coukd cost them any round 1 home court advantage.

Worst case scenario for any Thunder fan hoping Durant will stay there long term, IMO.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I was thinking. You get a healthy Durant and healthy Westbrook to go along with a lottery pick, that could be really scary in 2015 and beyond.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible. The West is so good that too much time without Westbrook and KD could dig them too big a hole to climb out of.

But if they make the playoffs, even as a 7 or 8 seed, they will do a lot of damage.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This increases the likelyhood that Sam Presti will make a trade to bring in someone.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson
Lamb
Jones
Perkins
Roberson

Are all tradeable players.

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they will not miss the playoffs.. there team is very good on defense

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder almost beat the Clippers on the road last night with 8 players. Once they at least get Reggie Jackson back they will be alright.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder almost beat the Clippers on the road last night with 8 players. Once they at least get Reggie Jackson back they will be alright.

I watched the game and I don't buy it. I mean, Ibaka is good but he cannot be a #1 option on offense. Jackson will help, but Perry Jones won't be dropping 30+ points again. He probably wasn't even on the Clippers scouting report before the game.

They are going to fall behind in the West and it will be difficult to make ground up, but once KD and Westbrook are back I wouldn't bet against them. It will be interesting to watch. But as of now... without both of those players I think they are probably the worst team in the West.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to go one of three ways:

1)the Thunder get their bench guys ready for the postseason, the stars get healthy, they sneak in at a 6th-8th spot and do serious damage in the playoffs.

2) the Thunder gets gassed trying to be relevant, the stars get healthy but they have no help and are a bit rusty and they get swept out of the first round from the 6th-8th spot. Most likely scenario, imo.

3) the Thunder dig too big of a hole and the players mail this year in. They'll get a new coach and a lottery pick in the teens.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they will be OK. Their playoff seeding will be hurt but I think they will be ready by then.