• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could Chargers Be For Sale?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Spanos family is bickering and some of the heirs are trying to force a sale of the team because the family trust is in financial trouble.

Potential rumored buyer: Jeff Bezos.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How dare you say Redskins ! I’m offended ! It’s the Washington football team !!
Nice Guy Epw GIF by Explosive Professional Wrestling

:becky:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, @sonnyblack65 , I've got half, Let's do this!
Southie can you help me out till my brother straightens out? He's a hunchback btw. I'll start a GoFundMe page and sure the Hooplans will put us over the top. And the tickets and pretzels are on da house, beer is still $20 a cup !!!!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southie can you help me out till my brother straightens out? He's a hunchback btw. I'll start a GoFundMe page and sure the Hooplans will put us over the top. And the tickets and pretzels are on da house, beer is still $20 a cup !!!!
My plan is to position the Chargers for the $1 pick every year and trade it to the Pats!
Fans will need a lot of those $20 beers.....

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL would be better off without the Spanos family being involved. If the Spanos family don't get themselves out then the other owners will eventually intervene.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL would be better off without the Spanos family being involved. If the Spanos family don't get themselves out then the other owners will eventually intervene.
Could they get them out of politics too?????

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If every group of lousy/shade owners was kicked out, never mind.

I might as well start a hypothetical about every lousy politician in DC...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The family trust is pledging money to charities and can't pay. Hey folks, this is simple. First tell the members of the board that they're all fired and the expense accounts are cancelled immediately. Then contact every charity or stiff that has been promised something and say "Sorry. Well is dry. No more freebies. Find another asshole to fund you. Bye bye." Problem solved. No one is legally bound to give anything to a charity, even if it's promised. Promises are like campaign speeches, meant to be broken.

Sounds more like the Bererian family is running out of money and wants an infusion of new cash. The "other two siblings" and Deam Spanos don't appear to be in such a big hurry. Sounds like Dea wants to cash in on the new TV deal.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. As a former SoCal resident, the Chargers have been run into the ground for decades by bad family ownership. It looks like that is going to come to an end soon, and I would like to see them move the Chargers out of LA, at least down to Orange County somewhere.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. As a former SoCal resident, the Chargers have been run into the ground for decades by bad family ownership. It looks like that is going to come to an end soon, and I would like to see them move the Chargers out of LA, at least down to Orange County somewhere.
Chargers should be run around on a Gypsy caravan......

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, if we all pool our monies?

Imagine the board room discussion. We would have to keep moderators as Sargents at arms.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally bad coaching and ownership isn't really the business of the other owners unless something steps over the line. Should the Jets be sold because they've sucked for decades? Yeah, it would be good to not have a perpetual doormat in the AFC East, but it shouldn't be a league popularity contest. Likewise, the Browns and Bengals are decades-long losers. The Redskins have been a shit show under Snyder, but the most anyone has actually done is make them change a popular name and logo to be more politically correct and sound stupid.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally bad coaching and ownership isn't really the business of the other owners unless something steps over the line. Should the Jets be sold because they've sucked for decades? Yeah, it would be good to not have a perpetual doormat in the AFC East, but it shouldn't be a league popularity contest. Likewise, the Browns and Bengals are decades-long losers. The Redskins have been a shit show under Snyder, but the most anyone has actually done is make them change a popular name and logo to be more politically correct and sound stupid.
It has nothing to do with win/lose records and/or politics.

The NFL is the golden goose of professional sports. It's almost impossible to NOT be able to make a crap ton of money with an NFL franchise. However, the Spanos family have managed to screw things up so badly they couldn't sell out the tickets to home fans in the smallest NFL venue. Now they can't pay the stadium/moving cost of being a tenant to someone else and other owners are having to pay their debts. If the Spanos family can't turn things around fairly quickly the other owners will take away the franchise rights and sell it to whomever they choose.

It's all about earning money.