• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cory Schneider - RKO mentioned him earlier this season

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RKO mentioned him earlier this season. He's on the trading block. Any chance the Devils can land him? I know I'd feel a lot better about the goaltending situation for the future if we could land him.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately i think now he's out of the question, and you can thank fucking luongo for that.

schneider played excellent this year, and luongo played so bad in the playoffs where now they might have to make some interesting decisions in vancouver.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would suggest trading for his rights at the end of the season. There is no reason to rush into this since Marty will be around this year. Vancouver will not be any need to trade him this year and would probably prefer to have him in case of emergency. They however wont be able to afford him as a FA alongside Luongo.

2012 2nd rounder for Schneider?
It would follow the Kipprusoff bar that was set 5 years ago.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I"m not worried about the goaltender situation. With our system I feel like any halfway decent goaltender can do well (Scott Clemmensen is terrible).

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I don't think Gillis will be dumping Luongo.
despite the playoff meltdowns in the 1st and 4th rounds.... wait - maybe that should be except for the playoff meltdowns in the 1st and 4th rounds, Luongo had a career year (lowest GAA ever, highest sv% since coming here). 15 wins and 4 shutouts in the playoffs, and decent save% at 0.914 even with those 4 or 5 shitty games.

my gut feel is we keep schneider (unless something great is offered this weekend) and see if there's a knock out deal at the deadline. The one good thing is that status quo with these two is still a pretty good situation. And he's an RFA next season, so even a $1m offer would qualify him next summer. Gillis has said a few times that he'd be very happy to have Luongo / Schneider tandem for the next few years.

we also have another goalie in the minors that is tracking Schneider's progression exceptionally well. Eddie Lack - impressed absolutely everyone last season in the A. So he's getting pretty close to ready to step in if Corey gets traded.

from what i gather from interweb rumblings (rumours only of course), Col was waving the 11th overall for him, and Nucks were asking for 2nd over all.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I HATE Boston College players having gone to BU myself, and I was there for all of Schneiders 3 year career. It pains me beyond belief to admit that the kid is insanely good. He's going to have a decent career. Eventually Vancouver is going to lose him if they stay committed to Luongo. The kid is already worth $4M IMO.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
despite the playoff meltdowns in the 1st and 4th rounds.... wait - maybe that should be except for the playoff meltdowns in the 1st and 4th rounds, Luongo had a career year (lowest GAA ever, highest sv% since coming here). 15 wins and 4 shutouts in the playoffs, and decent save% at 0.914 even with those 4 or 5 shitty games.

my gut feel is we keep schneider (unless something great is offered this weekend) and see if there's a knock out deal at the deadline. The one good thing is that status quo with these two is still a pretty good situation. And he's an RFA next season, so even a $1m offer would qualify him next summer. Gillis has said a few times that he'd be very happy to have Luongo / Schneider tandem for the next few years.

we also have another goalie in the minors that is tracking Schneider's progression exceptionally well. Eddie Lack - impressed absolutely everyone last season in the A. So he's getting pretty close to ready to step in if Corey gets traded.

from what i gather from interweb rumblings (rumours only of course), Col was waving the 11th overall for him, and Nucks were asking for 2nd over all.

Its the same exact situation that happened in SJ when they traded Kipprusoff. Nabokov had the mega-long term deal and they had Toskala ready for the NHL.

Schneider will never be a #1 goalie in Vancouver

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oh don't get me wrong. logically the canucks would stand their ground and stick by lou. i really did not think the playoffs were a shining star for him but at the same time they've made a large commitment to him. one big enough that you keep by it and trust one run (especially one that despite being unspectacular on his part was very very successful) isn't the end of the world for the man.

i'm simply saying i've heard a good amount of rumblings, at least the week after, wondering what vancouvers options were in net. i would love to have schnieder, i'll be honest i think he's got a higher ceiling that lou does, but he's an asset to vancouver now, and an asset to vancouver if he decides to go to july 1 next year, where they could deal his rights.

i view it as highly unlikely hes going anywhere, at least this year.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Its the same exact situation that happened in SJ when they traded Kipprusoff. Nabokov had the mega-long term deal and they had Toskala ready for the NHL.

Schneider will never be a #1 goalie in Vancouve
r
I agree
oh don't get me wrong. logically the canucks would stand their ground and stick by lou. i really did not think the playoffs were a shining star for him but at the same time they've made a large commitment to him. one big enough that you keep by it and trust one run (especially one that despite being unspectacular on his part was very very successful) isn't the end of the world for the man.

i'm simply saying i've heard a good amount of rumblings, at least the week after, wondering what vancouvers options were in net. i would love to have schnieder, i'll be honest i think he's got a higher ceiling that lou does, but he's an asset to vancouver now, and an asset to vancouver if he decides to go to july 1 next year, where they could deal his rights.

i view it as highly unlikely hes going anywhere, at least this year
I agree :D

best thing for us right now is that plan A or plan B are both pretty solid choices.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's not like it hurts Vancouver to keep Schneider around until he gets a big pay day.