• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Correa To Giants

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 is a little longer than I thought but thought 350 for sure. The NL West is going to be brutal next year.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the SF giants waffled on him and he signed today with the NY Mets for 1 yr less than Giants deal and $35mil less cash

NY Mets ownership must also be in on the legal pot grows as they appear flush with cash

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the SF giants waffled on him and he signed today with the NY Mets for 1 yr less than Giants deal and $35mil less cash

NY Mets ownership must also be in on the legal pot grows as they appear flush with cash

Jon Heyman of The New York Post reports that the Mets have agreed to a 12-year, $315 million contract with Carlos Correa after his reported deal with the Giants fell through.​

It's an overnight stunner. Correa was originally expected to be introduced as a Giant on Tuesday, but something came up with his pre-signing physical which caused the deal to fall apart. This gave Steve Cohen the opening he needed to make yet another big splash, though it's important to note that this new deal is also pending a physical. “This really makes a big difference,” said Cohen. “I felt like our pitching was in good shape. We needed one more hitter. This puts us over the top.” This is obviously a devastating turn of events for the Giants and their fans, who thought they had landed a true "face of the franchise" player. Correa will now serve as the Mets' starting third baseman alongside fellow countryman Francisco Lindor. The new deal will push the Mets' payroll to the $380 million range for 2023, but Cohen doesn't seem to mind as long as he puts a winning team on the field.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jon Heyman of The New York Post reports that the Mets have agreed to a 12-year, $315 million contract with Carlos Correa after his reported deal with the Giants fell through.​

It's an overnight stunner. Correa was originally expected to be introduced as a Giant on Tuesday, but something came up with his pre-signing physical which caused the deal to fall apart. This gave Steve Cohen the opening he needed to make yet another big splash, though it's important to note that this new deal is also pending a physical. “This really makes a big difference,” said Cohen. “I felt like our pitching was in good shape. We needed one more hitter. This puts us over the top.” This is obviously a devastating turn of events for the Giants and their fans, who thought they had landed a true "face of the franchise" player. Correa will now serve as the Mets' starting third baseman alongside fellow countryman Francisco Lindor. The new deal will push the Mets' payroll to the $380 million range for 2023, but Cohen doesn't seem to mind as long as he puts a winning team on the field.
"We needed one more hitter. This puts us over the top.”
Words you WILL NEVER hear from dipoto or anyone else involved with Mariners ownership I guarantee it. The Mets want to win, used car Jerry wants to blow smoke out of his ass and sucker the fans, losing got him promoted. The ownership loves him and they don't give a flying fark about winning unless it happens on accident.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We needed one more hitter. This puts us over the top.”
Words you WILL NEVER hear from dipoto or anyone else involved with Mariners ownership I guarantee it. The Mets want to win, used car Jerry wants to blow smoke out of his ass and sucker the fans, losing got him promoted. The ownership loves him and they don't give a flying fark about winning unless it happens on accident.
Cohen >>>>>>>>>>>> Stanton

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t care to look it up, but isn’t the dude the Mets signed to a huge deal a SS.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crap, all I had to do was read your whole post before I made my dumb statement.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cohen >>>>>>>>>>>> Stanton
I don’t get they go all in on Rondon then. It seems they don’t care about putting a top 10 offense so get 5 potential aces for your staff.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SF Giants might have been onto something as the Mets are having concerns with Correa's physical.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF Giants might have been onto something as the Mets are having concerns with Correa's physical.
Yeah but Mets might be a little bit different. Not trying to go conspiracy theory but I am assuming Rob Manfred had made a phone call to the Mets and Padres about their spending spree and Mets can be finding anyway possible to get out of it. It’s not like the Mets didn’t know there was a medical concern.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but Mets might be a little bit different. Not trying to go conspiracy theory but I am assuming Rob Manfred had made a phone call to the Mets and Padres about their spending spree and Mets can be finding anyway possible to get out of it. It’s not like the Mets didn’t know there was a medical concern.
That's a possibility on the Manfred idea but the Mets didn't know how sever the injury is until they got the medical records. They knew there was an issue but wanted to see how bad and if it's worth backing out of the contract.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a possibility on the Manfred idea but the Mets didn't know how sever the injury is until they got the medical records. They knew there was an issue but wanted to see how bad and if it's worth backing out of the contract.
Yeah but you make the agreement public until they get it done? Like 99% of the baseball trades are done just by having team doctors talk to team doctors and the trades are complete even though all of them say pending physicals. Another thing that is weird is we didn’t hear about this last year when he was the number 1 FA and the Twins did that crazy deal. Correa is entering Kyle Lewis territory.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but you make the agreement public until they get it done? Like 99% of the baseball trades are done just by having team doctors talk to team doctors and the trades are complete even though all of them say pending physicals. Another thing that is weird is we didn’t hear about this last year when he was the number 1 FA and the Twins did that crazy deal. Correa is entering Kyle Lewis territory.
I guess they make the announcement public so other teams back off in case of a possible higher bid floating in? That's the only thing I can come up with.

Definitely strange the Twins docs didn't say another thing about it or were told to keep it hush.