• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Corey Lemonier - 3rd Rd Steal

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, fans of the Hawks and 9ers can carry on some football conversation without every other phrase being "get off our board troll". Unless ya'll want to carry on internal "homer" conversations which, frankly, I don't. I know RV is a good conversationalist and isn't an over the top 9er homer and is
respectful to normal debate with corroborating info to support his hypothesis.

Onto my love for Corey Lemonier, who I wanted in the 3rd rd and you grabbed him right after
the Hawks selection. :gaah:

Attachments

• 15Auburn11.jpg
    15Auburn11.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 556

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't find the details of the you tubes broken down by plays during his sophomore year but I see major upside even being converted to an OLB playing opposite ASmith. It may take a couple of years, but I'd throw Corey in right now and see what he can do. I was hyping him pre-draft as a perfect leo fit. I'm not sure what ya'lls opinion is of Corey but I see big upside.

Corey Lemonier = LEO for the Hawks :wtf2:

This guy has LEO written all over him and fits all of the attributes that PC/JS look for at the LEO position. Add to the fact that he plays in the SEC and can play ball, his combine athleticism, this guy could be a 3rd round steal but could be a 2nd rdr.

Look at a couple of games against Florida and Georgia. #55 looks solid. Why will PC/JS consider Cory? He fits the prototypical LEO end, long, fast, quick and has a motor.

6'3.3", 255 lbs with room to fill out, ran a 4.6 - 40 with a 1.57 - split, has the long arms at 34.5" and some tri-cep rip/punch/bull rush strength with 27 reps at 225. Don't care about WR bench and not much all-around but it's just an added DE intangible.

He is only 21 yo and has the upside with coaching. Could use a spin move more often because he will go edge quite a bit (saw 1 vs Florida but didn't watch whole vid). I like how he innately attacks the ball like Clemons does when coming around the corner.

Vs Florida Looks like Clemons at 3:23 vs Florida

Vs Georgia

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another You tube to view.

I like Lemonier's motor. If he can learn and utilize the Clemons spin move, Lemonier could be a good find. He needs to use that move because his weakness is going wide and allowing ball carriers to blast through that vacated hole.

What I do like is his relentless pursuit and ability to be a game changer. In all 3 game vids, including this Bama game, Lemonier forced a fumble, made a quality sack and pressured Qb's to have to move up into the pocket and why we need a pocket shoving 3 tech. He looks like he gets held quite and bit, too.

He could work on using his hands to get off of blocks in the run game because he has the toughness but will get engaged and can be run at.

1:10 vs Bama. Back side pursuit and QB strip for the Auburn TD. That is what we need! :gaah:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmH-8vFJl9o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmH-8vFJl9o[/ame]

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Thanks for the shout out. Same can be said for you. As both teams get better the conversations can become even more heated. We just need cooler heads to prevail, which is something I do struggle with at times.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea the "Lemonator" will probably make Brooks expendable in a year or two or make his contract deescalate to where we can affiord Brooks coming off the bench. I don't know if we will ever be able to run this front but on nickle downs Lemonator Tank J. Smith/RayMac Aldon would be pretty damn scary

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I've been there man. It's really annoying when your team ALMOST gets a guy you really wanted. I loved John Hankins, but at least the Giants didn't trade up & take him 2 picks before the Niners were going to. I threw quite a fit when the Niners took Scott McKillop over Jasper Brinkley in '09 and Chilo Rachal over Calalias Campbell the year prior. I was also upset when the Niners drafted Navorro Bowman (whom I under-estimated) because I wanted Jimmy Graham instead; but at least that picke worked out...

I was talking up Lemonier all offseason on this board. One of the other draft geeks here (Bingo) wanted Damontre Moore from A&M, but I thought Lemonier was a no-brainer. So I can say without any homerism that I was extatic about that pick. He has that first step you can't teach, he's one of the more athletic players in the draft (with long arms), he's still one of the youngest players in the draft, and he was pretty productive on some craptastic Auburn defenses.

The 49ers were dying for some depth at OLB & on the DL last year; I'm very happy they addressed those needs with a couple of my favourite players in all of college football (I was talking Tank Carradine up too). They're gonna need that depth against offenses like Seattle's (and the Vikings & Ravens) who are good at running the ball.

Are you big into the draft like I am? If so, who are some of your fav's this year? I've got my eye on a couple of DTs like Anthony Johnson or Irish Chocolate. The DL class coming up is stupid good.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/san-francisco-49ers/98151-2013-ncaa-fb-season-2014-nfl-draft.html

Feel free to add any thoughts to our NCAA FB / NFL draft thread. I'm pretty much a draft crackhead.
0au6.jpg

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been there man. It's really annoying when your team ALMOST gets a guy you really wanted. I loved John Hankins, but at least the Giants didn't trade up & take him 2 picks before the Niners were going to. I threw quite a fit when the Niners took Scott McKillop over Jasper Brinkley in '09 and Chilo Rachal over Calalias Campbell the year prior. I was also upset when the Niners drafted Navorro Bowman (whom I under-estimated) because I wanted Jimmy Graham instead; but at least that picke worked out...

I was talking up Lemonier all offseason on this board. One of the other draft geeks here (Bingo) wanted Damontre Moore from A&M, but I thought Lemonier was a no-brainer. So I can say without any homerism that I was extatic about that pick. He has that first step you can't teach, he's one of the more athletic players in the draft (with long arms), he's still one of the youngest players in the draft, and he was pretty productive on some craptastic Auburn defenses.

The 49ers were dying for some depth at OLB & on the DL last year; I'm very happy they addressed those needs with a couple of my favourite players in all of college football (I was talking Tank Carradine up too). They're gonna need that depth against offenses like Seattle's (and the Vikings & Ravens) who are good at running the ball.

Are you big into the draft like I am? If so, who are some of your fav's this year? I've got my eye on a couple of DTs like Anthony Johnson or Irish Chocolate. The DL class coming up is stupid good.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/san-francisco-49ers/98151-2013-ncaa-fb-season-2014-nfl-draft.html

Feel free to add any thoughts to our NCAA FB / NFL draft thread. I'm pretty much a draft crackhead.
0au6.jpg

Sheesh Sick why don't you go marry the guy or something:lol:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lemonade!!!

no but seriously, i hope Lemonade can push Brooks a little harder now..... I would like to see what he can do in our jersey now....

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Lemonade!!!

no but seriously, i hope Lemonade can push Brooks a little harder now..... I would like to see what he can do in our jersey now....

That's very high on my wish list. Brooks is truly a great OLB and one of the most underrated LBs in the league. He was the defensive MVP of the NFC Championship game IMO. However, if Lemonier can steal his job maybe the Niners can trade Brooks for a WR or CB. I think those are going to be the biggest couple of need positions for a while.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's very high on my wish list. Brooks is truly a great OLB and one of the most underrated LBs in the league. He was the defensive MVP of the NFC Championship game IMO. However, if Lemonier can steal his job maybe the Niners can trade Brooks for a WR or CB. I think those are going to be the biggest couple of need positions for a while.

IIRC, Brooks was indeed "mvp" towards the end of the game... huge penetrations:-)lol:) and forces on Ryan...

I do feel Brooks is indeed underrated but same time, I feel he doesn't get to the QB as often as he used to(two years ago, NFC gm vs NYG he was ball busting behind Justin IMO)... now with perhaps a capable pass rusher behind him, maybe Brooks pushes himself harder to keep his playing time?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well, Brooks was never a 10-sack caliber guy. He makes up for it being great against the run, in coverage and with great play recognition. It would be great to have 2 OLBs who were great pass-rushers though (like Lames Harrison & Jamar Woodley a few years ago). That's why I'm hoping Lemonier can prove to be that 3rd round steal. If he can provide a consistent pass rush on his own from the left side, Vick can keep the defense really unpredictable and screw with opposing offenses. It'd really help when teams keep sliding protection over to Aldon's side and then Aldon drops into coverage.

Plus it would free up some serious ca$h to go sign some serious Mike Iupati to an extension.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll be in good shape to extend Iupati... Justin Smith's contract should be ending soon and he'll either retire or sign something short and less-expensive...at least i hope.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
After Brooks is behind bars for cracking beer bottles on the rookie's heads, Lemonier can hopefully step in. :-)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I forgot about the beer bottle incident. Maybe he'll get suspended a same or 2 & let Lemonier come in and shine!

Not that I hope he gets suspended, but I'd be happy if that's how it worked out (Lemonier showing he's a stud). Not very realistic though; Haralson would probably step in for him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lemon Drop?

Lemon Scented?

Lemon Law?

yeah, any time a draft picks does well, it is a BIG help to the team. mainly on the field of play, but also with cap decisions/management. hopefully, he can spell Brooks a little on 'obvious passing downs', a situational guy? but if it takes an entire season to transition, fine with me.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we drafted a lemon in the 3rd round?

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this pick sort of points out what a masterful job Baalke has done the last couple of drafts, now with the numerous picks this last draft and next year -- if he drafts right--- he can position the 49ers to contend for years to come as they can afford to replace older good players with younger cheaper ones.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think this pick sort of points out what a masterful job Baalke has done the last couple of drafts, now with the numerous picks this last draft and next year -- if he drafts right--- he can position the 49ers to contend for years to come as they can afford to replace older good players with younger cheaper ones.

isn't his drafting ability still "mixed"? the 2011 class is going really well, but 2012 isn't. the 2013 draft clearly has potential, but only on paper. so it is sort of one good, one bad, and one "way too early to judge"?

no doubt he has to draft right, this applies to any GM for any team. Baalke might get away with one bad class, but two in a row will certainly hurt.